NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Really ? What’s so great about Tampa ? They are a good not great team.. they were handed perhaps the worst beat down by anyone this year by the Saints at home in a Sunday night game ... they can lose to anyone .. especially on the road .. they’d have already lost to the giants if not for boner INT by Danny Dimes

their world class offense is composed of three guys well past their primes and 1 guy (evans) who is either out with injury or questionable with injury EVERY GAME .. his entire career ... ( the devonte Adams / Julio Jones of the NFC south )
They have a qb who has won 6 super bowls, their receivers are Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, they have studs on their defense. What is so special about the Nfl east teams. And If Gilbert didn't throw that int in the endzone the Cowboys would have beaten the 10-0 Steelers, what is your point?

i wonder how the steelers would rank as teams that gotten to 10-0.. Lots of things have gone right for them to get there as they have lots of issues too.

Giants have the tiebreaker over Washington.
Giants have the Burrow less Bengals
Next week now.
Washington has a W over Cincy.
Philly only has a tie over Cincy now.

Dallas has the edge with the most remaining games vs. the NFC East (3)

Gruden and the Raiders have improved greatly.
He really fixed Carr and their drafts have been really solid.
The AFC is really deep this year.
Pittsburgh-Kansas City-Buffalo-Tennessee- Las Vegas-Indianapolis-Cleveland-Baltimore-Miami

Baltimore and Miami wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if they started next week.

Really good MNF matchup tonight.

If KC ends up as the 2 seed they don't want to see the Raiders sneaking in as the 7 seed in round 1.

Very true. They've done better with higher picks rather than the picks in the 20s. Over the last 10 years, Philly has been in the top half of the draft 5 times... Carson (2), Lane (4), Fletcher (12), BG (13), Barnett (14). But your point on recent draft results are definitely valid. Reminder on Eagles picks in the 20s over that same stretch... Agholor (20), Watkins- the 26 year old fireman (21), Reagor (21), Dillard (22), Marcus Smith (26).

Watching Agholor last night he seems to have found a good landing spot. he's having a solid year.

i wonder how the steelers would rank as teams that gotten to 10-0.. Lots of things have gone right for them to get there as they have lots of issues too.

But they're also probably the most balanced team in the NFL. They have a solid veteran QB, a well above average OL, several good WRs, one of the best pass rushes in the league and playmakers in the back seven. I don't love Tomlin in a tight spot but they are legit.

Hard to believe he used to be on the Sports Reporters with Dick Schaap and was a somewhat respected journalist.

Im not sure what bored me more as a kid on Sunday mornings: church or Sports Reporters. I’d probably love a show like Sports Reporters now though.

They have a qb who has won 6 super bowls, their receivers are Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, they have studs on their defense. What is so special about the Nfl east teams. And If Gilbert didn't throw that int in the endzone the Cowboys would have beaten the 10-0 Steelers, what is your point?

Wow.. lots to unpack here ... Brady has won 6 Super Bowls ... and Gronk ... who cares .. that is old news and they are shells of who they once were ...

What is my point ? Let me make it obvious to you cause you’ve missed the entire point ...

-Tampa isn’t a guarantee to beat the NFC East team on the road in the playoffs .. that’s a huge assumption ..

Not because the NFC east teams are good ... because Tampa ain’t that great

Im not sure what bored me more as a kid on Sunday mornings: church or Sports Reporters. I’d probably love a show like Sports Reporters now though.

I liked Lupica

That ESPN ref analyst is the worst of CBS, Fox, and NBC.
It doesn’t matter the call he always says the refs got it right.
Fans don’t want that type of analysis.
Instead of defending the ref call on the field explain what the call should have been.

Not sure that could be overturned but the ref blew the whistle too early. It looked like a fumble.

That ESPN ref analyst is the worst of CBS, Fox, and NBC.
It doesn’t matter the call he always says the refs got it right.
Fans don’t want that type of analysis.
Instead of defending the ref call on the field explain what the call should have been.

Not sure that could be overturned but the ref blew the whistle too early. It looked like a fumble.

Bizarre, seeing as how refs almost never blow the whistle early in today's NFL.

Not that it would have mattered by why didn't the tb punt returner call for a fair catch there? At least give Brady a chance to chuck one down the field.

Not that it would have mattered by why didn't the tb punt returner call for a fair catch there? At least give Brady a chance to chuck one down the field.

save Brady the embarrassment of not being able to throw the ball even 50 yards in the air being exposed on National TV. I mean from where he caught it...brady would have maybe reached the opposition 30.

some teams feel there is a better chance on a punt return than there is on a 70 yd hail mary since you cant throw it to the end zone.

some teams feel there is a better chance on a punt return than there is on a 70 yd hail mary since you cant throw it to the end zone.
That was a pretty futile kick return, I don't think the returner knew what he was doing. Brady has a track record for throwing bombs on Hail Marys. Check out his throw in sb 46.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom