NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 155 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Gruden and the Raiders have improved greatly.
He really fixed Carr and their drafts have been really solid.
The AFC is really deep this year.
Pittsburgh-Kansas City-Buffalo-Tennessee- Las Vegas-Indianapolis-Cleveland-Baltimore-Miami

Baltimore and Miami wouldn’t even be in the playoffs if they started next week.

Really good MNF matchup tonight.

NFC East Week 12...

WFT vs ‘Boys Thurs.
Jints and Burrowless Bengals Sunday
Iggs vs. the Seahawks on Monday Night.

I’ve gotta like the Football Team getting to Dalton and leaving Big D with a W. But, it’s Thanksgiving in Dallas and Minnesota was a good win. Crap shoot.

Ryan Finley went 3-10 with a pick and 4 sacks in mop up duty Sunday. Literally running for his life. Have to like Big Blue in this tilt.

Hard to pick the Iggs against the Seahawks on Monday night. Hawks by 14.

Two teams climbing the mountain to 4 wins going into week 13. This wild race is heatin’ up!

Football Outsiders just ran their numbers for all the divisions. Here are their latest percentages to win the NFC East...

NYG 32.7% (up 6.3%)
PHI 26.4% (down 22.3%)
DAL 24.1% (up 12.2%)
WAS 16.8% (up 4.9%)

Birds need a high pick more than a Divisional Championship hat/t-shirt this year. I am not a proponent of tanking, but the whole division is bad. Better to get the higher pick this year (the other three will get top 5-10 picks) and one of the other divisional teams to claim the division. No matter the team.. they are getting bounced Wild Card Weekend and getting the worst pick of their division mates.

I haven’t started looking at the draft yet. OL is a need for sure. The DL is a strength but isn't getting any younger. A legit corner to start opposite of Slay. Safety needs. Linebacker has been a need for years but that position hasn't been valued by Philly. They go cheap there. They invested their 1st round pick on Reagor, but adding a dominant receiver opposite him. No on QB for me. Wentz has regressed no doubt, but I am not throwing the towel in on him yet. Line has been an absolute mess.. coaching too imo.

NFC East Week 12...

WFT vs ‘Boys Thurs.
Jints and Burrowless Bengals Sunday
Iggs vs. the Seahawks on Monday Night.

I’ve gotta like the Football Team getting to Dalton and leaving Big D with a W. But, it’s Thanksgiving in Dallas and Minnesota was a good win. Crap shoot.

Ryan Finley went 3-10 with a pick and 4 sacks in mop up duty Sunday. Literally running for his life. Have to like Big Blue in this tilt.

Hard to pick the Iggs against the Seahawks on Monday night. Hawks by 14.

Two teams climbing the mountain to 4 wins going into week 13. This wild race is heatin’ up!
Betting odds for the NFC East
The Eagles finally moved from - to
+.

Eagles + 160
Giants +290
Cowboys +300
Football team +375

After next week if the Eagles don’t beat Seattle they won’t be betting favorite.
Winner of Turkey Day game is guaranteed 4 wins if somebody wins.

Giants if they win the div
Eagles right now as it is

right now the playoffs if they started would be today, (without doing all the tie breakers)

roughly

NO bye
GB Vs Rams
Seattle VS Ariz
NFC east vs TB..

Giants at home if they get that far.. and they had Tampa beat last time
the other 2 games would be some mix of those 4 teams

Giants if they get in will have lost to rams by 8, TB by 2 and still play ariz.. Any of those 3 scare anyone?

Betting odds for the NFC East
The Eagles finally moved from - to
+.

Eagles + 160
Giants +290
Cowboys +300
Football team +375

After next week if the Eagles don’t beat Seattle they won’t be betting favorite.
Winner of Turkey Day game is guaranteed 4 wins if somebody wins.

What you did there, I see!

Giants if they win the div
Eagles right now as it is

right now the playoffs if they started would be today, (without doing all the tie breakers)

roughly

NO bye
GB Vs Rams
Seattle VS Ariz
NFC east vs TB..

Giants at home if they get that far.. and they had Tampa beat last time
the other 2 games would be some mix of those 4 teams

Giants if they get in will have lost to rams by 8, TB by 2 and still play ariz.. Any of those 3 scare anyone?
Whoever wins the Nfc East is not beating Tampa.

What you did there, I see!
Honestly I only say that because nowadays with the new OT rules ties are a lot easier.
Old rules 15 minute OT first to score wins.
Now 10 minute OT and if you kick a FG on the first drive the other team gets the ball.

That 5 minutes less really impacts OTs.

Anytime now a game goes to OT a tie is a real possibility.
Before it was really rare.

Rams win tonight Seattle becomes the WC so TB/Seattle goes to the NFC winner.

TB loses tonight then plays KC

Brian 7-9 Seattle beat 11-5 Saints in the playoffs.

In a one game scenario in the NFL any team can beat any team* (* except the 2020 New York Jets)
Especially in the playoffs.

Tampa is a good team but if the opponent can get pressure with just the front 4 and the defense can put 7 in coverage they aren’t unbeatable.
Tampa is a front running team.

Rams win tonight Seattle becomes the WC so TB/Seattle goes to the NFC winner.

TB loses tonight then plays KC
Rams might have the best defense in the NFC. Either them Chicago or New Orleans.
Those teams Tampa has struggled against this year.
I want to pull the trigger on Rams +170 but can’t trust Goff.

Brian 7-9 Seattle beat 11-5 Saints in the playoffs.

In a one game scenario in the NFL any team can beat any team* (* except the 2020 New York Jets)
Especially in the playoffs.

Tampa is a good team but if the opponent can get pressure with just the front 4 and the defense can put 7 in coverage they aren’t unbeatable.
Tampa is a front running team.
That Seattle team was better than this group of teams. Sure anyone can beat anyone, but for the Giants fans who think because they played them tough once that they will beat them, Tampa brought their C game to Metlife that day.

Rams wins

panthers twice
chargers
giants
broncos
Gb/Raiders

how good are they?

As bad as the Giants are they should be undefeated in the NFC east and had the Rams beat and the only bad game was the 49ers.

Wash gives people fits
Dallas has the talent
Eagles are gonna need a miracle with that offense

Rams might have the best defense in the NFC. Either them Chicago or New Orleans.
Those teams Tampa has struggled against this year.
I want to pull the trigger on Rams +170 but can’t trust Goff.

The Rams defense got sliced up by Buffalo and San Fran. Seattle gained a lot of yardage against them, but they turned it over.

Rams wins

panthers twice
chargers
giants
broncos
Gb/Raiders

how good are they?

As bad as the Giants are they should be undefeated in the NFC east and had the Rams beat and the only bad game was the 49ers.

Wash gives people fits
Dallas has the talent
Eagles are gonna need a miracle with that offense
How did they have the Rams beat? The closest they were in the 2nd half was 8, they could have beat them, maybe, they never had them beat.

How did they have the Rams beat? The closest they were in the 2nd half was 8, they could have beat them, maybe, they never had them beat.
Brian my team suffered the worst loss in the history of the NFL at the hands of the Giants Feb 2008 and you have more dislike of them than I do.

That game in LA was very competitive.
Just like the Cowboys game in LA with Dak.

The Giants have played well since they started 0-5.
You don’t like them fine. They aren’t going to win the SB but they are playing the best in the NFC East right now.

Honestly I only say that because nowadays with the new OT rules ties are a lot easier.
Old rules 15 minute OT first to score wins.
Now 10 minute OT and if you kick a FG on the first drive the other team gets the ball.

That 5 minutes less really impacts OTs.

Anytime now a game goes to OT a tie is a real possibility.
Before it was really rare.

I agree it’s more likely now.

And it would be par for the course for the 2020 NFC East title (pillow) fight if a divisional matchup ended in a tie.

Last edited:
Brian my team suffered the worst loss in the history of the NFL at the hands of the Giants Feb 2008 and you have more dislike of them than I do.

That game in LA was very competitive.
Just like the Cowboys game in LA with Dak.

The Giants have played well since they started 0-5.
You don’t like them fine. They aren’t going to win the SB but they are playing the best in the NFC East right now.
I'm not saying they aren't playing well, and I dislike everyone in the Nfl east lol. I'm not saying they can't win the Nfc east, but can we see them beat someone not in the Nfc East first. The Cowboys just beat a hot Vikings team in Min, and could have beat the best team in football right now with Gilbert at qb.

typo meant TB, but it was 10-9 in the 4th in the rams game

Giants out gained rams 300-200 in that game as well.

Football Outsiders just ran their numbers for all the divisions. Here are their latest percentages to win the NFC East...

NYG 32.7% (up 6.3%)
PHI 26.4% (down 22.3%)
DAL 24.1% (up 12.2%)
WAS 16.8% (up 4.9%)

Birds need a high pick more than a Divisional Championship hat/t-shirt this year. I am not a proponent of tanking, but the whole division is bad. Better to get the higher pick this year (the other three will get top 5-10 picks) and one of the other divisional teams to claim the division. No matter the team.. they are getting bounced Wild Card Weekend and getting the worst pick of their division mates.

I haven’t started looking at the draft yet. OL is a need for sure. The DL is a strength but isn't getting any younger. A legit corner to start opposite of Slay. Safety needs. Linebacker has been a need for years but that position hasn't been valued by Philly. They go cheap there. They invested their 1st round pick on Reagor, but adding a dominant receiver opposite him. No on QB for me. Wentz has regressed no doubt, but I am not throwing the towel in on him yet. Line has been an absolute mess.. coaching too imo.

I generally agree with your sentiments re getting a higher draft pick instead of a divisional hat with a sub .500 record but that assumes Howie Roseman makes effective use of that draft pick. Looking over his last several drafts one can't help but feel that is a risky assumption.

typo meant TB, but it was 10-9 in the 4th in the rams game

Giants out gained rams 300-200 in that game as well.
They played very well against Tampa. Did you ever get the feeling they were beating the Rams?

I generally agree with your sentiments re getting a higher draft pick instead of a divisional hat with a sub .500 record but that assumes Howie Roseman makes effective use of that draft pick. Looking over his last several drafts one can't help but feel that is a risky assumption.
Very true. They've done better with higher picks rather than the picks in the 20s. Over the last 10 years, Philly has been in the top half of the draft 5 times... Carson (2), Lane (4), Fletcher (12), BG (13), Barnett (14). But your point on recent draft results are definitely valid. Reminder on Eagles picks in the 20s over that same stretch... Agholor (20), Watkins- the 26 year old fireman (21), Reagor (21), Dillard (22), Marcus Smith (26).

The Giants started 1-7 and there is a good chance that come the end of next weekend they will be hosting a playoff game (if the season ended at that moment in time).

The Giants started 1-7 and there is a good chance that come the end of next weekend they will be hosting a playoff game (if the season ended at that moment in time).
Well if the Cowboys won Thurs it would be them in that spot for the moment.

Really ? What’s so great about Tampa ? They are a good not great team.. they were handed perhaps the worst beat down by anyone this year by the Saints at home in a Sunday night game ... they can lose to anyone .. especially on the road .. they’d have already lost to the giants if not for boner INT by Danny Dimes

their world class offense is composed of three guys well past their primes and 1 guy (evans) who is either out with injury or questionable with injury EVERY GAME .. his entire career ... ( the devonte Adams / Julio Jones of the NFC south )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom