NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 157 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

The Rams got lucky last night. I really can’t stand Goff and McVay. Goff is a fraud and McVay drives me nuts with his antics. The defense will carry that team as far as they can go.

The Rams got lucky last night. I really can’t stand Goff and McVay. Goff is a fraud and McVay drives me nuts with his antics. The defense will carry that team as far as they can go.

is it really luck when Brady was at 4.5 yards per attempt?

Saints can afford a non Chiefs brain fart game.

Goff sucks but McVey can actually coach. His aw schucks boy genius routine can be annoying but he knew the only way to beat Tampa’s D was to throw the ball and take advantage of the Tampa CBs.

He wants to run the ball when he can But Tampa’s interior is really good.
Rams controlled that game.

Tampa needs a new HC. Their DC would be better than Arians.
Brady sucks against teams with good DLs.

See Chicago, New Orleans, LA RamsZ
He can’t take pressure up the middle because he is a statue.

is it really luck when Brady was at 4.5 yards per attempt?

Again I gave props to their defense. The game shouldn’t have been close. A lot of empty yards for them like usual.

Reading up on Burrow's injury - has their ever been a player who shredded ACL, MCL and meniscus in one play? I know they say he will be back but is there a past case that backs that up?

Reading up on Burrow's injury - has their ever been a player who shredded ACL, MCL and meniscus in one play? I know they say he will be back but is there a past case that backs that up?

McGahee?

Every QB from now on should wear knee braces just to prevent those type of injuries.
Good thought - part of his success was due to him being just mobile enough to keep people honest. It will be interesting to see how he comes back, and when.

Good thought - part of his success was due to him being just mobile enough to keep people honest. It will be interesting to see how he comes back, and when.
The injury looks a lot similar to what Carson Palmer had happen to him.
I don’t expect next year he will be healthy but his career is still young.

All QBs should wear the brace even if it slows them down a bit.
That brace protects your money.

And now we see why the league goes above and beyond to protect qbs. No one wants to see Ryan Finley play qb.

Every QB from now on should wear knee braces just to prevent those type of injuries.
63D06918-77F8-43B5-83F8-A538E5754EA3.gif

Can't believe another Bengal QB with a bad knee injury. Carson Palmer was ACL/MCL/patella.

I think McGahee was ACL/MCL/PCL.

NaVorro Bowman ACL/MCL/PCL/meniscus 2014
- missed entire 2014 season.. returned 2015, led the league in tackles, made Pro Bowl & named All Pro... tore Achilles 2016, 9ers release him after requesting a trade, then ended up starting for Raiders

2 offensive linemen...
Luke Joeckel ACL/MCL/meniscus 2016
Parker Ehinger ACL/MCL/meniscus 2016

Here are some recent ones of guys who are still in the league (but not all 3 injuries at once)...
Wentz ACL/LCL 2017
Jason Peters ACL/MCL 2017
Tannehill ACL/MCL 2017
Bridgewater ACL/other ligaments & dislocated knee 2016
Flacco ACL/MCL 2015
Le'Veon MCL/PCL 2015
Gronk ACL/MCL 2014
AP ACL/MCL 2011 - this one may have been meniscus as well... guy was/is a genetic freak!
Brady ACL/MCL 2008
Rivers ACL/meniscus 2007

They have a qb who has won 6 super bowls, their receivers are Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Gronk, they have studs on their defense. What is so special about the Nfl east teams. And If Gilbert didn't throw that int in the endzone the Cowboys would have beaten the 10-0 Steelers, what is your point?

7-4. Eh.

They’ve hardly looked like a power. Then again it’s all about peaking at the right time.

Can't believe another Bengal QB with a bad knee injury. Carson Palmer was ACL/MCL/patella.

- missed entire 2014 season.. returned 2015, led the league in tackles, made Pro Bowl & named All Pro... tore Achilles 2016, 9ers release him after requesting a trade, then ended up starting for Raiders

2 offensive linemen...

Here are some recent ones of guys who are still in the league (but not all 3 injuries at once)...
Wentz ACL/LCL 2017
Tannehill ACL/MCL 2017
Flacco ACL/MCL 2015
Le'Veon MCL/PCL 2015
Gronk ACL/MCL 2014
AP ACL/MCL 2011 - this one may have been meniscus as well... guy was/is a genetic freak!
Brady ACL/MCL 2008
Rivers ACL/meniscus 2007
Thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this.

Similar sentiments yet I long for the Sports Reporters versus today's hot take clowns.

The only guy on there I disliked was Lupica. For about a decade I stopped buying the Daily News because of him.

The idea of not liking Sports Reporters doesn’t compute with me at all.

Last edited:

2 offensive linemen...

Wentz ACL/LCL 2017
Tannehill ACL/MCL 2017
Flacco ACL/MCL 2015
Le'Veon MCL/PCL 2015
Gronk ACL/MCL 2014
Brady ACL/MCL 2008
Rivers ACL/meniscus 2007

Wentz tore his meniscus too.

I was thinking Brady, but either way they are all the same type of play. The plant leg is always at risk.

I am of the belief ACL/MCL tears in QB's are like UCL injuries for pitchers in baseball. More when than if.

In late 2017 Wentz tore his ACL, LCL, had a partially torn IT band and incurred meniscus damage as well.

I think he rushed back from surgery. Cinci would be wise not to push it with Burrow.

That ESPN ref analyst is the worst of CBS, Fox, and NBC.
It doesn’t matter the call he always says the refs got it right.
Fans don’t want that type of analysis.
Instead of defending the ref call on the field explain what the call should have been.

Not sure that could be overturned but the ref blew the whistle too early. It looked like a fumble.

ESPN has tried several former refs in that role and never has gotten it right. Dean Blandino and Mike Pereira are the best to me. Not perfect, but it's rare that I don't see what they are seeing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom