NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 274 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Hi I'm looking for takes on the Boston sports media. Anyone have any?
1611086221823.gif

Heard on a pod that in a conference they have for minority coaches to help foster more opportunities/better training/experience/etc that Bienemy didn't do so hot. For instance, the word was that Saleh blew everyone out of the water (there were ex coaches like Dungey, etc there and other front office people in this instance of it).

Who knows if it's that or not, and there needs to be more minority HCs, but it sure seems like something is up with EB. I know there is some fuzziness about what role he played in it, but that stuff with the call girls/s e xual assaults at Colorado is really discouraging. The other personal stuff, I get he was younger and it's not like every other coach is a saint.

If there is evidence that he was facilitating (or just ignoring) systemic s e xual assault, that's a DQ for me, period. No further commentary necessary.
which i guess would explain why Reid was so willing to point out what a great human being bienemy is.

1 past indiscretion and im sure theres a 100 groups out there ready to pounce on any organization who hires him as a top man.

His play calling hurts the team. Belichick needs a new voice leading the offense.

Philly is literally the only team that interviewed him this cycle.
Philly clearly wants a puppet on the sidelines.
McDaniels realizes this is his only chance so he will be a puppet.
i thought you waned him to take over when BB leaves.

Arians throwing shade at The Hoodie. Love it!

I like Bruce but a guy who hasn't been to a sb as a hc is being critical of a guy who's been to 9. You beat a 7 and 9 wft and a Saints team who s qb can't throw the ball down the field anymore.

i thought you waned him to take over when BB leaves.
I was assuming BB would go before Brady left.
McDaniels did a good job with him but he isn’t the guy from I was told.
Belichick wants Jerod Mayo or his son to replace him.

I was assuming BB would go before Brady left.
McDaniels did a good job with him but he isn’t the guy from I was told.
Belichick wants Jerod Mayo or his son to replace him.

Keep it in the family. That would be awesome.

Philip Rivers departing...

That's a really desirable landing spot for a QB. High end OL, running game and defense. Good QB could win there, Great QB could do some real damage.

Would have to think this is the perfect landing spot for Stafford. Jameis may be functional there since he wouldn't have to score 40 to win like he did in his 30/30 year. Jimmy G could be a game manager if the 9ers have seen enough. Think Wentz is staying put based on them choosing him over Pederson. No shot of Watson given it's the same division. Don't think they would go with a Fitzy/Draft Pick combo as you shouldn't really waste a year while the window is open, could end up being a decent fallback option though.

That's a really desirable landing spot for a QB. High end OL, running game and defense. Good QB could win there, Great QB could do some real damage.

Would have to think this is the perfect landing spot for Stafford. Jameis may be functional there since he wouldn't have to score 40 to win like he did in his 30/30 year. Jimmy G could be a game manager if the 9ers have seen enough. Think Wentz is staying put based on them choosing him over Pederson. No shot of Watson given it's the same division. Don't think they would go with a Fitzy/Draft Pick combo as you shouldn't really waste a year while the window is open, could end up being a decent fallback option though.
If the Falcons take a QB at 4 I could see Matt Ryan to Indy as well.
Perfect fit for him.

If the Falcons take a QB at 4 I could see Matt Ryan to Indy as well.
Perfect fit for him.
In theory yes. But how do you see a team with negative $32m in cap space take on more dead cap then what his current cap hit is.

In theory yes. But how do you see a team with negative $32m in cap space take on more dead cap then what his current cap hit is.
I just looked at their cap yikes.
Tampa has that division next year.
They can’t cut many guys easily and they can’t trade Julio easily either.

Colts could resign Jacoby Brissett as well and draft a QB or try to get Andrew Luck out of retirement.

Frank Reich and Carson Wentz reunited?

I just looked at their cap yikes.
Tampa has that division next year.
They can’t cut many guys easily and they can’t trade Julio easily either.

Colts could resign Jacoby Brissett as well and draft a QB or try to get Andrew Luck out of retirement.
Yeah, those last extensions to Julio/Ryan locked them in until at least next season. The only way to get rid of them would be to do an absolute full strip down to nothing and incur all of the penalties this year and start over fresh in 2022.

Frank Reich and Carson Wentz reunited?
Seems like the Eagles made the call on Wentz over Pederson. Could be wrong as that always seemed like a logical landing spot for Wentz if the Colts were interested.

Stafford gets too much love. He’s not good. He’s a compiler and a lot of those stats come in garbage time.
I don't see him get much love anywhere, he's more of an afterthought than anything else. I think folks think that he's an above average QB who has been on a horrible team for a decade. Line is always bad. Never a running game. Defense is usually awful. When the defense was good for a few years, they made the playoffs with Caldwell.

I don't see him get much love anywhere, he's more of an afterthought than anything else. I think folks think that he's an above average QB who has been on a horrible team for a decade. Line is always bad. Never a running game. Defense is usually awful. When the defense was good for a few years, they made the playoffs with Caldwell.

There was a thread on this board earlier this year saying he was underrated. PFF has never rated him higher than 9th(usually ranked 10-20) and his adjusted passing numbers are usually right around the average. He's an average QB IMO. I wonder what Indy will do, but I don't think Stafford helps them much. I suppose there's always an outside shot Luck comes back after 2 years, but that has to be slim chances now.

There was a thread on this board earlier this year saying he was underrated. PFF has never rated him higher than 9th(usually ranked 10-20) and his adjusted passing numbers are usually right around the average. He's an average QB IMO. I wonder what Indy will do, but I don't think Stafford helps them much. I suppose there's always an outside shot Luck comes back after 2 years, but that has to be slim chances now.
Seems about right, I'd think the 10-15 range makes sense. That's about the extent of guys that I think you can make a run with if the roster/coaching is excellent too.

Tier 1 - Mahomes/Rodgers
Tier 2 - Wilson/Brady/Watson/Allen
Tier 3 - Lamar/Dak/Ryan/Stafford/Kyler

I think that's about the extent of the guys that can win you a game you should lose. After that is the guys like Cousins and Jimmy G that will not blow games you should win. Crazy that coming into the year Wentz is probably in Allen's spot.

Seems about right, I'd think the 10-15 range makes sense. That's about the extent of guys that I think you can make a run with if the roster/coaching is excellent too.

Tier 1 - Mahomes/Rodgers
Tier 2 - Wilson/Brady/Watson/Allen
Tier 3 - Lamar/Dak/Ryan/Stafford/Kyler

I think that's about the extent of the guys that can win you a game you should lose. After that is the guys like Cousins and Jimmy G that will not blow games you should win. Crazy that coming into the year Wentz is probably in Allen's spot.

I mean I know Bills fans and the media hate him for whatever reason so bias comes into play when analyzing him, but Baker is in there too in tier 2 after this season and I'd like to see Tannehill with a better defense.

Again I know some people hate PFF, but this was the top 8 this year in order:

Rodgers
Brady
Watson
Mahomes
Allen
Tannehill
Wilson
Mayfield

I mean I know Bills fans and the media hate him for whatever reason so bias comes into play when analyzing him, but Baker is in there too in tier 2 after this season and I'd like to see Tannehill with a better defense.

Rodgers
Brady
Watson
Mahomes
Allen
Tannehill
Wilson
Mayfield
Baker tier 2!!?? I think he likely lowers the Browns ceiling and at best maintains it, certainly doesn't elevate it. I think Tannehill is in that tier 4 group as well. Both of those guys specifically are playing a different game than most of the others since the run game is the #1 focus of the opposing defense.

Baker tier 2!!?? I think he likely lowers the Browns ceiling and at best maintains it, certainly doesn't elevate it. I think Tannehill is in that tier 4 group as well. Both of those guys specifically are playing a different game than most of the others since the run game is the #1 focus of the opposing defense.

I don't agree with that at all. 2 out of 3 years he's been very good. There's this myth that people think he's limited when he is really not. I've watched Cleveland a bunch as I have adopted Cleveland as my AFC team this year and watched a lot of their games.

Rodgers
Brady
Watson
Mahomes
Allen
Tannehill
Wilson
Mayfield
Bills fans hate Mayfield? That’s news to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo123

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom