NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 302 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

you continue to underweight the SuperBowl.

the only other QB in the HOF without a HOF offensvie teammate, is in the SuperBowl era.
The Giants put up 38 points in those two games, its not like he carried them to the Sb, not saying he didn't play well, but Justin Tuck should have been sb 42 mvp.

The Giants put up 38 points in those two games, its not like he carried them to the Sb, not saying he didn't play well, but Justin Tuck should have been sb 42 mvp.
Ugh.

they don’t give out SuperBowl MVPs to guy with 2 sacks in the 1st half whose team had 3-0 lead for a quarter, then was behind the whole game till the soon to be MVP QB led them on an improbable 2 minute drive versus arguably...the best team in history.

Ugh.

they don’t give out SuperBowl MVPs to guy with 2 sacks in the 1st half whose team had 3-0 lead for a quarter then was behind the whole game till the QB led them on an improbable 2 minute drive versus arguably, the best team in history.
Justin Tuck was why the giants won SB 42.
He dominated the Patriots OL.
They had to double him in the second half to contain him and gave the rest of the DL 1 on 1s.

No joke he was the true MVP of that game.

Just like Tom Brady wasn’t the true MVP of SB 36.
It should have been Ty Law.
Pick-6 TD and took Issac Bruce out of the game with coverage.

Brady wasn’t the MVP just like Eli in SB 42.

Ugh.

they don’t give out SuperBowl MVPs to guy with 2 sacks in the 1st half whose team had 3-0 lead for a quarter, then was behind the whole game till the soon to be MVP QB led them on an improbable 2 minute drive versus arguably...the best team in history.
Eli had one good drive in the game, granted it was the biggest, but Tuck wrecked that game, the entire Giants dl wrecked the game, but esp Tuck.

ridiculous.

look what the Giants gave him.

its painfully obvious.

also, name the only QB to have never played with another HOF on offense??

Eli will be the 2nd...
Umm...David Tyree!

Teams make players take pay cuts or they cut them at times where they can’t get to FA and make money.

NFL players should always use their leverage when they can. Teams do it to them.
Not QBs.

OBJ comes back from his injury can still make the HOF.
He just needs probably one or two more all-pro seasons and put up numbers.
1 or 2??

id say 5 or 6.

All-pro seasons.
He will only need 2 of those.
Just 5-6 pro bowl type seasons.

All-pro is top 4 at his position.
That is HOF stuff.
hes never been 1x.

hes going to start making them after an ACL and in his 30s??

ok...

hes going to need to be a complier...and he doesnt have the brain power for that.

ridiculous.

look what the Giants gave him.

its painfully obvious.

also, name the only QB to have never played with another HOF on offense??

Eli will be the 2nd...
Donovan McNabb (sans TO, what, one year?). I know he isn't in HOF but that could be an argument in his favor.

I'm guess Tom Brady Sr. is on a little bit of a sour grapes head trip right now.
Tom Brady Sr has been leaking to Tom Curran for years.

Curran says whatever he wants the message to be. Brady the player is like a politician he uses spokesmen to get his feelings out in a manner he doesn’t have to do it and can claim it’s not him.

Brady Sr. has run his mouth to Curran for years.

Brady deserves to throw shade at Belichick but Brady runs the risk of alienating his fanbase that will be connected to for his after playing career which has spent a lot of money on the products he has pushed.

Tom Brady Sr has been leaking to Tom Curran for years.

Curran says whatever he wants the message to be. Brady the player is like a politician he uses spokesmen to get his feelings out in a manner he doesn’t have to do it and can claim it’s not him.

Brady Sr. has run his mouth to Curran for years.

Brady deserves to throw shade at Belichick but Brady runs the risk of alienating his fanbase that will be connected to for his after playing career which has spent a lot of money on the products he has pushed.
I'm kind of over the Belichick shade, it was time for both to move on, Bill has 6 sbs as a hc, 2 as a dc. The guy won 11 games with Matt Cassell, and won 11 games with Vinny Testeverde, we know he can win games without Tom.

I'm kind of over the Belichick shade, it was time for both to move on, Bill has 6 sbs as a hc, 2 as a dc. The guy won 11 games with Matt Cassell, and won 11 games with Vinny Testeverde, we know he can win games without Tom.
i read a great article yesterday, shouldve posted it here, but it was a collection of Bill's pressers after many of his wins...and he basically said the same thing every time...'the players won. without good players, i cant win...etc, etc'.

i dont think Bill gives a shlit what tommyboy is doing, bill is working on the 2021 season and trying to find a way to get better.

he will.

The Bucs defense and their improvement deserve a lot of credit for why the Bucs are in the Super Bowl

2020 Bucs
Offensive SRS: 6.5
Defensive SRS: 2.8

2019 Bucs
Offensive SRS: 4.9
Defensive SRS: -4.5

i read a great article yesterday, shouldve posted it here, but it was a collection of Bill's pressers after many of his wins...and he basically said the same thing every time...'the players won. without good players, i cant win...etc, etc'.

i dont think Bill gives a shlit what tommyboy is doing, bill is working on the 2021 season and trying to find a way to get better.

he will.

It's a bizarre breakup that, I would guess, most people don't care about and still hate/are ambivalent about both of them (in a sports manner, not really hating) outside of New England.

Who wins: Brady or Belicheck?

My answer? Who cares? The NFC stunk and Brady took advantage of it. Belicheck has to do a rebuild like lots of normal teams.

They both have a bunch of hardware. Both HoFers. And both are kind of weird people (and, listen, BB was a Giant, I got a soft spot for him).

The story, imo, is Mahomes. Three Conference title games in a row. Up for back to back SBs. Only guy with a career start to catch Brady and about 100x more fun to watch than Brady.

It's a bizarre breakup that, I would guess, most people don't care about and still hate/are ambivalent about both of them (in a sports manner, not really hating) outside of New England.

My answer? Who cares? The NFC stunk and Brady took advantage of it. Belicheck has to do a rebuild like lots of normal teams.

They both have a bunch of hardware. Both HoFers. And both are kind of weird people (and, listen, BB was a Giant, I got a soft spot for him).

The story, imo, is Mahomes. Three Conference title games in a row. Up for back to back SBs. Only guy with a career start to catch Brady and about 100x more fun to watch than Brady.
Mahomes is awesome, but he'll never catch tommyboy unless he drastically changes what makes him great.

unless he gets 6 in a row...which i cant rule out.

If Belichick coached the LA Chargers this season I think they could have been playing last weekend.

Tbat team has a lot of talent and bad coaching.

Belichick and Brady worked step in step.
Belichick didn’t disrespect Brady.
Brady is freaking 43 its not like the guy was even 36.
He wanted to move on and he did everything he could to win every single season.
The Patriots had no cap space and put a lot of dead money to help him win last year.
Brady picked a good team and honestly if Brees was healthy I think the Saints best them. Saints and Chiefs defenses are similar minus the secondaries.

Belichick isn’t retiring till he passes Don Shula’s 348 wins.
Patriots fans still like Brady but if he and his camp continue this crap with Belichick and really it’s local
Patriots media helping Brady because they hate Belichick giving them nothing.

If Belichick coached the LA Chargers this season I think they could have been playing last weekend.

Tbat team has a lot of talent and bad coaching.

Belichick and Brady worked step in step.
Belichick didn’t disrespect Brady.
Brady is freaking 43 its not like the guy was even 36.
He wanted to move on and he did everything he could to win every single season.
The Patriots had no cap space and put a lot of dead money to help him win last year.
Brady picked a good team and honestly if Brees was healthy I think the Saints best them. Saints and Chiefs defenses are similar minus the secondaries.

Belichick isn’t retiring till he passes Don Shula’s 348 wins.
Patriots fans still like Brady but if he and his camp continue this crap with Belichick and really it’s local
Patriots media helping Brady because they hate Belichick giving them nothing.

Can you imagine BB's grumpy disposition in a warm climate with a relaxed culture like SoCal? BB on Manhattan Beach?

He would be great for the Chargers though, that's for sure.

I have no clue who Dave Culley is but he got the Texans job.

I can’t believe the owner is choosing Jack Easterby over keeping Deshaun Watson happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom