NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 304 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

11th pick, Daniel Jones, 2nd round pick and future picks.
Is a nice start.
Id Pass if I was Houston, unless those future picks are ones. I don't think the Giants are giving up on Jones.

Id Pass if I was Houston, unless those future picks are ones. I don't think the Giants are giving up on Jones.
Kaiser would rickshaw Jones to Houston and bring Watson back if he was what held up a trade of Watson to New York.

Watson is a top 3 QB IMo.

Kaiser would rickshaw Jones to Houston and bring Watson back if he was what held up a trade of Watson to New York.

Watson is a top 3 QB IMo.
Judge or Gettleman won't, they still believe in Jones, just heard an interview with Rappaport, he said the same.

11th pick, Daniel Jones, 2nd round pick and future picks.
Is a nice start.
Giants are already over the cap, dealing Jones would incur a $15m instant dead cap hit and then taking on Watson's salary on top of that. May want to rethink this one.

Giants are already over the cap, dealing Jones would incur a $15m instant dead cap hit and then taking on Watson's salary on top of that. May want to rethink this one.
You move the moon to get Watson.
He is that good.
If I were starting a franchise now he is the 2nd pick in the entire league
iMO.

He is that good.
iMO.
Making that swap would put them $50m over the cap. Can save $18m by cutting Solder & Zeitler which makes the line terrible again, $6m by cutting Tate which hurts his weapons. Good luck finding another $20m in there. Pipe dream scenario. Carolina on the other hand can make it work easily.

He is that good.
iMO.

I’d be happy to have him. Next year is Jones’ “Josh Allen breakthrough” though.

Making that swap would put them $50m over the cap. Can save $18m by cutting Solder & Zeitler which makes the line terrible again, $6m by cutting Tate which hurts his weapons. Good luck finding another $20m in there. Pipe dream scenario. Carolina on the other hand can make it work easily.
Solder didn’t play anyway and Tate took a big step backwards, so we’re not really losing anything with those two moves.

An upgrade at WR should be a priority though.

Solder didn’t play anyway and Tate took a big step backwards, so we’re not really losing anything with those two moves.

An upgrade at WR should be a priority though.
Would also have to not resign Leonard Williams and Tomlinson as they aren't even factored in yet either. It's just not realistic in any fashion. Saints would sure be a great fit too if we ignore they are about 50% over the cap already.

What exactly has Brady done in their wins at NO and GB? He’s been okay .. nothing special .. bunch of short fields Vs the Saints is the only way he could score.. and he threw pick after pick down the stretch vs GB.. but the pack refused to take advantage
All that guy does is catch touchdowns. If the threw of 400 with 3 TDs, but they lost, some people would say he couldn't with w/o Belichick.

He is that good.
iMO.
I like Watson, but he if he was that good to move the moon for, why did he go 4-12 this year?

I like Watson, but he if he was that good to move the moon for, why did he go 4-12 this year?
Houston could have Patrick Mahomes they are maybe 1 game better this year.

Watson wasn’t why they had chitty coaching, litte draft captial last year, traded DeAndre Hopkins, and had an aging defense.

Houston could have Patrick Mahomes they are maybe 1 game better this year.

Watson wasn’t why they had chitty coaching, litte draft captial last year, traded DeAndre Hopkins, and had an aging defense.
Some qbs put their teams on their backs and make them Better, I would trade for Watson in a heartbeat if I was a contender, but this idea that a team like the Giants or the Jets is going to give up a ton of capital for Watson and become a sb contender just isn't true.

Some qbs put their teams on their backs and make them Better, I would trade for Watson in a heartbeat if I was a contender, but this idea that a team like the Giants or the Jets is going to give up a ton of capital for Watson and become a sb contender just isn't true.
Honestly this is just pivoting away from what I outlined.
Houston was a loser no matter who QB’d them last year.

Put Watson this year on the Patriots.
The Patriots have less offensive weapons than the Texans they are a SB contender because of the structure of the organization, coaching and the fact Watson doesn’t have to deal with a stupid organization.

Put Watson on the Dolphins this season same thing.

The Texans are a mess. Good QBs can’t overcome terrible organizations.

Honestly this is just pivoting away from what I outlined.
Houston was a loser no matter who QB’d them last year.

Put Watson this year on the Patriots.
The Patriots have less offensive weapons than the Texans they are a SB contender because of the structure of the organization, coaching and the fact Watson doesn’t have to deal with a stupid organization.

Put Watson on the Dolphins this season same thing.

The Texans are a mess. Good QBs can’t overcome terrible organizations.
Watson is really good, hes not Mahomes, he has one playoff win in his career, I heard Adam Schefter say he would give up 5 first round picks for him, that is insanity. He is going to make any team he is on better, if he goes to the Dolphins they are instant sb contenders, the Jets they would be better, not anywhere near a contender.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who wasn't convinced Watson was God. He is very good. But what other elite QB in recent memory has ever gone 4-12. Is he the only great QB that's ever been stuck on a bad team? I know Brees went 7-9 for a couple yrs when his defense was the WOAT but other than that, I don't know. The Colts stunk at the end of Manning and beginning of Luck and still won games. Speaking of the Colts that wildcard thrashing in Houston a couple years ago has completely vanished from everyone's memory it seems like in contrast to every day I hear someone dunking on Allen or Jackson for their first playoff L years later. Weird considering that was effectively a home shutout before a score in garbage time.

Watson is really good, hes not Mahomes, he has one playoff win in his career, I heard Adam Schefter say he would give up 5 first round picks for him, that is insanity. He is going to make any team he is on better, if he goes to the Dolphins they are instant sb contenders, the Jets they would be better, not anywhere near a contender.

Here’s the thing .. I wouldn’t trade him for 5 first round picks if I were Houston... there’s too much uncertainty

And I wouldn’t trade five first round picks to obtain him either ...

The trade will have to be some combo of picks WITH a young, cheap star player ...

I think it’s going to be harder for a match to be made than people think

Here’s the thing .. I wouldn’t trade him for 5 first round picks if I were Houston... there’s too much uncertainty

And I wouldn’t trade five first round picks to obtain him either ...

The trade will have to be some combo of picks WITH a young, cheap star player ...

I think it’s going to be harder for a match to be made than people think
Houston shouldn’t trade Watson but because they have to the deal with the Jets I described above is good for the Texans.

They lose a franchise QB would get the second overall pick, 23rd pick, Sam Darnold who could trades for a solid pick and the 34th pick.

That trade would give the Texans the ability to get a replacement for Watson and several quality players.

Any first round pick isn’t the same value.
The second overall pick could be traded for more picks if fhe Texans wanted to do that.

The Texans just can’t do what the Broncos did with the 2 first round picks for Jay Cutler.

Houston can only move Watson where he wants to go.
They should leverage NY Jets and Dolphins to get as much as they can.

Houston shouldn’t trade Watson but because they have to the deal with the Jets I described above is good for the Texans.

They lose a franchise QB would get the second overall pick, 23rd pick, Sam Darnold who could trades for a solid pick and the 34th pick.

That trade would give the Texans the ability to get a replacement for Watson and several quality players.

Any first round pick isn’t the same value.
The second overall pick could be traded for more picks if fhe Texans wanted to do that.

The Texans just can’t do what the Broncos did with the 2 first round picks for Jay Cutler.

Houston can only move Watson where he wants to go.
They should leverage NY Jets and Dolphins to get as much as they can.
They don't have to he's under contract for two more years. Is he going to hold out?

Q
Yes be does but what does have to do with whether they have to trade him or not?
They are going to trade him.
Once you ask for the trade formally.
It’s a vote of no confidence.
If they want to try and play hardball it would be stupid for the organization.
He will sit out OTAs.
The organization will become split,

They will trade him.
He will probably work with them to help them salvage a decent deal but they can’t trade wherever they need his approval.

They are going to trade him.
Once you ask for the trade formally.
It’s a vote of no confidence.
If they want to try and play hardball it would be stupid for the organization.
He will sit out OTAs.
The organization will become split,

They will trade him.
He will probably work with them to help them salvage a decent deal but they can’t trade wherever they need his approval.
More than likely they will but they don't have to. They can call his bluff or try to talk him into staying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom