NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 300 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

you're assuming two first downs are only 20 yards...
Correct. All Tampa needed was 20 yards (or really, not even since pretty much any defensive penalty = a first down) to seal the deal because Green Bay kicked the field goal. If they tied the game up they have a lot more leeway to survive for OT.

The key matchup of the SB is the Buccaneer Dline against the Chiefs Oline. If the Bucs win it will be because the dominate that matchup.

All the talk has been about the QB match-ups but these games have bene won by the defenses. the team that pressures the opposing QB the most wins. it usually does.

Last edited:
I think Tampa pulls it out.

Brady game manages this Super Bowl, doing just enough and not making a costly mistake.

I can see Special Teams having an impact and the Chiefs losing the OL is going to be a storyline.

This will be a game where someone like Fournette or Jones for Tampa has a big game that kills clock, controls possession, and churns out chunk plays when needed.

Mentally I think KC is ok with Reid and Mahomes. Physically not sure. Turf toe can be a beast and I'm sure he will be "charged up" to handle the pain.

They will need to continue to feature Kelce as a miss match, though the Bucs having Gronk might help them prepare via Brady.

Tyreek Hill should have a similar game plan as the meeting earlier this year.

I'm guessing TB 33 KC 27

Tampa has been the more prolific offense during the year, not by much obviously. I think KC needs to hit at least 30 points to win the game.

I think Tampa pulls it out.

Brady game manages this Super Bowl, doing just enough and not making a costly mistake.

I can see Special Teams having an impact and the Chiefs losing the OL is going to be a storyline.

This will be a game where someone like Fournette or Jones for Tampa has a big game that kills clock, controls possession, and churns out chunk plays when needed.

Mentally I think KC is ok with Reid and Mahomes. Physically not sure. Turf toe can be a beast and I'm sure he will be "charged up" to handle the pain.

They will need to continue to feature Kelce as a miss match, though the Bucs having Gronk might help them prepare via Brady.

Tyreek Hill should have a similar game plan as the meeting earlier this year.

I'm guessing TB 33 KC 27

Tampa has been the more prolific offense during the year, not by much obviously. I think KC needs to hit at least 30 points to win the game.

The Kansas City offensive line is potentially a huge problem against JPP and Shaq Barrett.

The Kansas City offensive line is potentially a huge problem against JPP and Shaq Barrett.

Even the best big time offenses (see Patriots 2007) are susceptible to the pass rush. It is the only way to beat these teams. Question is can Tampa do it for 4 quarters? SF last year could not. They eventually ran out of steam on D.

Vita Vea getting another couple weeks to get back into game shape is big too, and he looked good against the Packers already. If he's back near 100%, he's their best defensive player outside of Lavonte David.

I still think KC wins though.

Most impressive Tom Brady stat.
He has more SB appearances(10) than Philip Rivers has children (9).
I know what you were going for there, but to me, the most amazing stat is that he has played for 20 seasons and in 10 of those he has reached the Super Bowl.

That is just stunning.

I know what you were going for there, but to me, the most amazing stat is that he has played for 20 seasons and in 10 of those he has reached the Super Bowl.

That is just stunning.
One of which was his rookie year he didn’t play and one was 2008 he blew out his ACL in the first quarter of the first game.
It’s 10 SB in 18 seasons he has played as the starter.
14 of 18 season reached the conference championship game.

For those of us who are conspiracy fans -is the league more interested in pushing Mahomes or celebrating Brady? I pick whoever that is to win.

For those of us who are conspiracy fans -is the league more interested in pushing Mahomes or celebrating Brady? I pick whoever that is to win.
The league suspended Brady 4 games for something they couldn’t prove and science explained.

I don’t think they like him. If people didn’t hate the Patriots and were happy the team was getting punished, that process wouldn’t have happened. Only Saints fans realized what Goodell did.
He was the judge of the case while also being the prosecutor.
That hearing of appeal was made available only because the federal judge unsealed it. It showed Brady didn’t get a fair hearing it was rigged and only going to end one way.

The league would love Mahomes to be another Brady.

They already have the dream Super Bowl, Whether Brady has 6 or 7 sbs it doesn't really matter, hes still the Goat, just getting Tampa to the sb is an amazing accomplishment. I think they would rather see Mahomes get another sb.

Vita Vea getting another couple weeks to get back into game shape is big too, and he looked good against the Packers already. If he's back near 100%, he's their best defensive player outside of Lavonte David.

I still think KC wins though.

I get why KC is favored. They are the defending champ and no team has beat them in a big game in two years, but this isn't an easy game with them at all especially since they will be without both tackles and the middle of their line is already weak. This isn't the 49ers and Jimmy Garoppolo either. You have to think Brady will at least lead that offense to 30 points. He's not going to miss every important throw.

I get why KC is favored. They are the defending champ and no team has beat them in a big game in two years, but this isn't an easy game with them at all especially since they will be without both tackles and the middle of their line is already weak. This isn't the 49ers and Jimmy Garoppolo either. You have to think Brady will at least lead that offense to 30 points. He's not going to miss every important throw.
I do think KC's defense has improved from last year, but yeah, Tampa should be able to put up points. They have a real shot at pulling off the upset IMO but it would be an upset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom