NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 303 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I get why KC is favored. They are the defending champ and no team has beat them in a big game in two years, but this isn't an easy game with them at all especially since they will be without both tackles and the middle of their line is already weak. This isn't the 49ers and Jimmy Garoppolo either. You have to think Brady will at least lead that offense to 30 points. He's not going to miss every important throw.

What exactly has Brady done in their wins at NO and GB? He’s been okay .. nothing special .. bunch of short fields Vs the Saints is the only way he could score.. and he threw pick after pick down the stretch vs GB.. but the pack refused to take advantage

I have no clue who Dave Culley is but he got the Texans job.

I can’t believe the owner is choosing Jack Easterby over keeping Deshaun Watson happy.

He was Ravens “passing game coordinator “ which to me seems like a disqualifying resume... but what do I know

Surprising hire for sure. Cullen has been coaching forever but never a HC and is 65 (3 years older than Andy Reid). He has been assistant head coach for both Reid and most recently Harbaugh.. and of course has had many position coaching jobs along the way. He does check the box for person of color hire this cycle, Bieniemy, Frazier, or even Lewis feel like better candidates right now. Don't think this changes DeShaun's mind though. We'll see.

Surprising hire for sure. Cullen has been coaching forever but never a HC and is 65 (3 years older than Andy Reid). He has been assistant head coach for both Reid and most recently Harbaugh.. and of course has had many position coaching jobs along the way. He does check the box for person of color hire this cycle, Bieniemy, Frazier, or even Lewis feel like better candidates right now. Don't think this changes DeShaun's mind though. We'll see.
He coached the KC WRs during the season when they didn’t have a receiver catch a TD pass the entire season.
He was in charge of the Baltimore passing game and that wasn’t good.
He has never been even a coordinator before.
His isn’t exactly a spring chicken at 65 years old.

But beyond this stuff it’s a home run hire for a franchise that has alienated one of the 5 best QBs in the entire league.

I consider myself to be a locked in nfl guy, I watch way too many games, I have literally never heard his name mentioned before, total Texans hire.

I can’t imagine being a Texans fan right now.
Choosing Easterby over Watson.

Jets have to go all in for him. Have to.

Got your coach. Get your QB.

Go from there. Everything else is a dramatically lower second tier.

Jets have to go all in for him. Have to.

Got your coach. Get your QB.

Go from there. Everything else is a dramatically lower second tier.
2, 23, Darnold and maybe 34 to ensure it.
You make that deal?

2, 23, Darnold and maybe 34 to ensure it.
You make that deal?

Yes, they still have six more picks in 2021 if you give those up and nine 2022 picks, including two firsts.

Urban wanna roll with Watson or Lawrence? That's the most interesting possibility to me. Watson for #1 overall straight up. Neither team can do better. Jags go from a 90% sure thing to a 100% sure thing. Texans get the best prospect in 10 years and have an extra $100m to spend over the next 5 years.

Urban wanna roll with Watson or Lawrence? That's the most interesting possibility to me. Watson for #1 overall straight up. Neither team can do better. Jags go from a 90% sure thing to a 100% sure thing. Texans get the best prospect in 10 years and have an extra $100m to spend over the next 5 years.
Lawrence for sure, even though hes the number one pick he is the cheaper option right now, plus his upside is higher than Watson.

Lawrence for sure, even though hes the number one pick he is the cheaper option right now, plus his upside is higher than Watson.
Thing about upside is that it is theoretical even in supposed can't miss guys. Urb hasn't been known to stick around places for all that long. Only reason to bring it up. Same division eliminates the idea too.

Thing about upside is that it is theoretical even in supposed can't miss guys. Urb hasn't been known to stick around places for all that long. Only reason to bring it up. Same division eliminates the idea too.
Ya, I mean his health is still a huge question mark, Urban loves Lawrence though, highly doubt he passes on him.

Ya, I mean his health is still a huge question mark, Urban loves Lawrence though, highly doubt he passes on him.
It's all really interesting. Jets and Dolphins make the most sense because of their draft capital but also have guys that were not only top 5 picks but both were projected #1 overall going into their draft year and haven't had much around them to work with so far. Darnold has had absolutely no shot to succeed. Tua, who knows. Can use all these picks and gobs of cap space to load them up with weapons for the 1st time and see if they sink or swim. Downside is that if neither shows much progress than you are screwed and highly unlikely that a guy at Watson's level is available to you.

If I'm the Jets, I think I stick with Darnold or go with Fields/Wilson and build up the roster. They have too many needs and are too far away. Dolphins on the other hand showed that they on the rise and Watson would put them right with the Bills to me.

It's all really interesting. Jets and Dolphins make the most sense because of their draft capital but also have guys that were not only top 5 picks but both were projected #1 overall going into their draft year and haven't had much around them to work with so far. Darnold has had absolutely no shot to succeed. Tua, who knows. Can use all these picks and gobs of cap space to load them up with weapons for the 1st time and see if they sink or swim. Downside is that if neither shows much progress than you are screwed and highly unlikely that a guy at Watson's level is available to you.

If I'm the Jets, I think I stick with Darnold or go with Fields/Wilson and build up the roster. They have too many needs and are too far away. Dolphins on the other hand showed that they on the rise and Watson would put them right with the Bills to me.
Watson doesn't make the Jets a sb contender, way too many other needs. Darnold was the number 3 pick, he was coached terribly and has no help around him, its tough to give up on a number 3 pick.

The New York Giants and Carolina panthers are the darkhorses to get Deshaun Watson.

I consider myself to be a locked in nfl guy, I watch way too many games, I have literally never heard his name mentioned before, total Texans hire.
The only reason I knew the name was he was an Eagles receivers coach year.. started back in '99 with Reid and McNabb.

He coached the KC WRs during the season when they didn’t have a receiver catch a TD pass the entire season.
He was in charge of the Baltimore passing game and that wasn’t good.
He has never been even a coordinator before.
His isn’t exactly a spring chicken at 65 years old.

But beyond this stuff it’s a home run hire for a franchise that has alienated one of the 5 best QBs in the entire league.
Don't get it twisted. I wasn't endorsing the hire. Just sharing what I knew of him. He's been a receivers coach for most of career dating back to the 70s. I only knew about him as he joined the Eagles when Reid/McNabb did in '99. Same year I picked my NFL franchise (thanks #5).

Don't get it twisted. I wasn't endorsing the hire. Just sharing what I knew of him. He's been a receivers coach for most of career dating back to the 70s. I only knew about him as he joined the Eagles when Reid/McNabb did in '99. Same year I picked my NFL franchise (thanks #5).
I think it’s a good hire.
I wasn’t happy no African-Americans got HC jobs.
While I don’t know anything about this guy I am glad he is getting a chance.
He is older so it’s not like he is getting a second chance.
Bowles deserves a job next year if he does just an okay job after this year doing excellent.

The New York Giants and Carolina panthers are the darkhorses to get Deshaun Watson.
What are the Giants giving them? Plus not sure they are giving up on Jones yet.

I think it’s a good hire.
I wasn’t happy no African-Americans got HC jobs.
While I don’t know anything about this guy I am glad he is getting a chance.
He is older so it’s not like he is getting a second chance.
Bowles deserves a job next year if he does just an okay job after this year doing excellent.
A good hire? He is 65 years old and hes never been a coordinator, Bizzare doesn't even do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom