NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

This whole draft was OL and defense.

Last years DL showed promise - particularly against the run after acquiring Williams. Lawrence, Tomlinson, and Williams are all talented players. I think DL will become a strength.

No I understand they addressed it. The Eagles addressed their WR problem by drafting a bunch of WRs. Doesn't mean that will be a strength next season. Hard to count on rookies in the trenches making a big difference.

You should YouTube Strahan’s retirement speach, it was awesome...and he invited Jon Runyon to it because they battled so much and hated each other.

good stuff.

And McCarthy was a horrible hire poke fans, he doesn’t know how to rebuild a team and barely kept a Ferrari running.

the NFC East is...

Speaking of Runyan, his son was drafted by GB yesterday. The father was a damn good RT. The one thing I remember about him was it was not a good idea to loiter around the pile if the whistle had not yet blown. He'd take your head off.

Absolutely nauseated by the Patriots selection of a three percenter. I’ve defended this team through thick and thin but this is way over my ethical line. You reach for a kicker off everyone’s draft board for a guy who has a known affiliation with the same far right group that was behind Charlottesville...you really are telling the world, and every one of your own fans with a moral compass, to go F off.
Good bye.

My god which Boston sports radio station do you listen The Hub or EEI.

Bob Kraft runs a white supremacy organization we all know it now.

Absolutely nauseated by the Patriots selection of a three percenter. I’ve defended this team through thick and thin but this is way over my ethical line. You reach for a kicker off everyone’s draft board for a guy who has a known affiliation with the same far right group that was behind Charlottesville...you really are telling the world, and every one of your own fans with a moral compass, to go F off.
Yeah let’s listen hypocrites
Shot

Chaser
EWixMV5WAAEkWMU

Or let’s listen to Jemele Hill praise David Tyree for taking such tough stand against gay marriage so publicly. So progressive from Tyree.

Tyree would rather have gay marriage banned in the country than have his Super Bowl win in SB 42.
Giants fans are super pissed at their team for having Tyree.

If you don’t want to root for the patriots anymore good bye.

Last edited:
Good bye.

My god which Boston sports radio station do you listen The Hub or EEI.

Bob Kraft runs a white supremacy organization we all know it now.

I hate sports radio.

I have values that I teach my kids that transcend above sports. Kraft getting a blowie...deflated balls (different stories)...the Pats and Hernandez...adding Antonio...all of these I could find a way to rationalize and compartmentalize.

They reached for the 12th rated kicker who happens to be a three percenter and has repeatedly and recently praised white nationalist authors and figureheads. They guy lied about when he got the tattoo YESTERDAY. I cant get my head around why they would knowingly draft this guy. It does not align with my value system at all. Im sorry if we have different lines, and I am sorry that for some reason this seems to bother you, but it is what it is.

FWIW I hate Jemele Hill. I think she is a brain dead moron. I also think this is one of those "broken clock is right twice a day" type moments.

I hate sports radio.

I have values that I teach my kids that transcend above sports. Kraft getting a blowie...deflated balls (different stories)...the Pats and Hernandez...adding Antonio...all of these I could find a way to rationalize and compartmentalize.

They reached for the 12th rated kicker who happens to be a three percenter and has repeatedly and recently praised white nationalist authors and figureheads. I cant get my head around why they would knowingly draft this guy. It does not align with my value system at all. Im sorry if we have different lines, and I am sorry that for some reason this seems to bother you, but it is what it is.
I trust Belichick knows what he is doing.

Kraft deserves to be mocked for what he did. I don’t think this kicker is a white nationalist and don’t let blue check markers who just want to complain about the Patriots because of Trump bother my thoughts.

These people are phony. They phrase the courage of David Tyree for being anti-gay marriage.
Jemele Hill is the person leading the charge on this chit.

She wrote this about Tyree "But it's worth pointing out that if you're truly a proponent of free speech and have no issue with athletes using their influence to try to effect social and political issues, that means accepting it when athletes champion a side that makes us uncomfortable, too"

The Patriots organization is not racist.
The kicker answered the question. He doesn’t have to satisfy blue check mark Twitter. It’s fake disgust.

I trust Belichick knows what he is doing.

Kraft deserves to be mocked for what he did. I don’t think this kicker is a white nationalist and don’t let blue check markers who just want to complain about the Patriots because of Trump think.

The Patriots organization is not racist.
The kicker answered the question. He doesn’t have to satisfy blue check mark Twitter. It’s fake disgust.

He said he got the tattoo in high school.
There are photos of him at URI with nothing on his arms.
I mean, I guess the 2nd part of his statement may have been the true part, but this is a bad look on every level.

FWIW- I dont have a blue check mark (which I believe is a travesty as a personal aside)

I mean, I guess the 2nd part of his statement may have been the true part, but this is a bad look on every level.

FWIW- I dont have a blue check mark (which I believe is a travesty as a personal aside)
You don’t have a blue check mark but the people leading the complaining and who you are reading about this from are blue check marks.

Again Jemele Hill wrote this when David Tyree said he rather have gay marriage banned in NY than win SB 42
"But it's worth pointing out that if you're truly a proponent of free speech and have no issue with athletes using their influence to try to effect social and political issues, that means accepting it when athletes champion a side that makes us uncomfortable, too"

Trump has broken the country. I don’t care what athletes politics are. I also trust Bill Belichick.

Can I interrupt this discussion to ask a question? What is a blue check mark?

No I understand they addressed it. The Eagles addressed their WR problem by drafting a bunch of WRs. Doesn't mean that will be a strength next season. Hard to count on rookies in the trenches making a big difference.

They addressed WR well. The speed opens up the field for their great tandem TE's and will give Sanders more running room. Having said that, it's one thing to covet speed, another thing to obsess over it. I think the Birds, if anything, overemphasized speed to the exclusion of other important traits. Like, you know, having a position they can play. That 'positionless' player they drafted in the 3rd had better have a DC who can utilize him. BTW, someone mentioned 'a healthy DJax'. That is not, to put it mildly, likely to happen. At least not for long. And the Jeffrey contract remains an albatross.

They didn't really draft an edge rusher and didn't draft anybody for the interior offensive line at a time where they're getting old there. Both were needs that were not addressed.

I hate sports radio.

They reached for the 12th rated kicker who happens to be a three percenter and has repeatedly and recently praised white nationalist authors and figureheads. They guy lied about when he got the tattoo YESTERDAY. I cant get my head around why they would knowingly draft this guy. It does not align with my value system at all. Im sorry if we have different lines, and I am sorry that for some reason this seems to bother you, but it is what it is.

FWIW I hate Jemele Hill. I think she is a brain dead moron. I also think this is one of those "broken clock is right twice a day" type moments.

I don't know the entire story but the kid told teams he thought it was to honor the military. These teams scouts hundreds of players are they supposed to check tattoos? There are only 24 hrs in the day. They don't have to sign the kid.

I don't know the entire story but the kid told teams he thought it was to honor the military. These teams scouts hundreds of players are they supposed to check tattoos? There are only 24 hrs in the day. They don't have to sign the kid.

The photos were all over the place. They were not hidden they were on his forearms. But they werent on his forearms for his pictures at URI, 2 years after he said he got them on the media call yesterday. Sigh.

Everyone has a breaking point. And frankly every team has a list of players who committed crimes.

They are knowingly choosing to draft a player ...heck...reach for a player...who has aligned with a far right paramilitary organization that some would say crosses into white nationalism. I don't know the organization enough to split those hairs so I won't go that far, but that its even a distinction i need to make is a major problem for me.
So, sincere, blowing smoke, or reading what the Pats told him to read?

‘I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military and I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time,’ he explained. ‘Obviously, it evolved into something that I do not want to represent.’

The Three Percenters, who take their name from a false claim that three percent of American Colonists fought in the Revolutionary war, were founded in 2008 in response to Barrack Obama’s election as president.

According to their website, the group stands for ‘freedom, liberty, and the constitution’ and vows to be ‘the last defense to protect the citizens of the United States.’ The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League described the Three Percenters as an anti-government extremist group.

In response to the unsavory ties, Rohrwasser told reporters: ‘When I look back at it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol on my body.

‘It is not something I ever want to represent, so it will be covered,’ he assured.

They addressed WR well. The speed opens up the field for their great tandem TE's and will give Sanders more running room. Having said that, it's one thing to covet speed, another thing to obsess over it. I think the Birds, if anything, overemphasized speed to the exclusion of other important traits. Like, you know, having a position they can play. That 'positionless' player they drafted in the 3rd had better have a DC who can utilize him. BTW, someone mentioned 'a healthy DJax'. That is not, to put it mildly, likely to happen. At least not for long. And the Jeffrey contract remains an albatross.

They didn't really draft an edge rusher and didn't draft anybody for the interior offensive line at a time where they're getting old there. Both were needs that were not addressed.

I think the opinion on DJax was qualified in terms of IF he is healthy.

Speed is great at WR but there is a reason a few of those guys went in the late rounds. Catching the ball and route running matter as well.

I agree with you on the positionless player nonsense.

Alshon is shot and won't be around come the Fall for several reasons.

I'm ok with not drafting an edge rusher. They drafted the kid out of Penn State last year in the mid rounds and he couldn't make the field. They're deeper than most at the position. Josh Sweat showed a lot last year.

I agree about the interior line. Would have liked to see them take Biadasz (sp?) out of Wisconsin to eventually replace Kelce. Instead they let the Cowboys have him.

So, sincere, blowing smoke, or reading what the Pats told him to read?

‘I got that tattoo when I was a teenager and I have a lot of family in the military and I thought it stood for a military support symbol at the time,’ he explained. ‘Obviously, it evolved into something that I do not want to represent.’

The Three Percenters, who take their name from a false claim that three percent of American Colonists fought in the Revolutionary war, were founded in 2008 in response to Barrack Obama’s election as president.

According to their website, the group stands for ‘freedom, liberty, and the constitution’ and vows to be ‘the last defense to protect the citizens of the United States.’ The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League described the Three Percenters as an anti-government extremist group.

In response to the unsavory ties, Rohrwasser told reporters: ‘When I look back at it, I should have done way more research before I put any mark or symbol on my body.

‘It is not something I ever want to represent, so it will be covered,’ he assured.

Would have been so much easier to just take one of the top 11 kickers on the board. :|

Would have been so much easier to just take one of the top 11 kickers on the board. :|
Yeah or maybe people want to complain just because it’s the Patriots.
Let’s see should I trust Belichick or trust sportswriters who complain about everything the Patriots do because Belichick is mean to the media.

If you think the player is a white supremacist it’s your right to find a new team.

Yeah or maybe people want to complain just because it’s the Patriots.
Let’s see should I trust Belichick or trust sportswriters who complain about everything the Patriots do because Belichick is mean to the media.

If you think the player is a white supremacist it’s your right to find a new team.
To be fair, I might have had some issues if the Giants signed this guy.

Did you have issues with David Tyree?

Tyree is homophobic against gay marriage.

Seems to me that if the Red Sox did something similar you'd jump ugly on them. Is there anything the Pats could do that you would find problematic?

The photos were all over the place. They were not hidden they were on his forearms. But they werent on his forearms for his pictures at URI, 2 years after he said he got them on the media call yesterday. Sigh.
Is that why espn said he be was the only player they didn't have video on? This isn't a qb at alabama this is the kicker at Marshall. I doubt the pats sign him now.

Seems to me that if the Red Sox did something similar you'd jump ugly on them. Is there anything the Pats could do that you would find problematic?
If you don’t get the difference the two situations and I know if you used your head you could figure it I can’t help you.

Don’t worry the Boston Globe won’t have to complain about masks Bob Kraft spent his own money to bring back from China for hospitals they will just go after the organization for being pro-white supremacy.
Note the President of the hospital that got this masks had to go out of his way to say the donation was a god send because of this stupid article but this worthless newspaper who is beyond jealous had to try and take a shot at the Patriots organization.
The Boston Globe has turned people off the Red Sox because they can’t get out there way to be stupid against the Patriots. Note Kraft and the organization deserves legit criticism but the Red Sox and Globe have pissed people with brains off with their garbage coverage.

My god you know the difference between the Red Sox and Patriots.

Last edited:
Save your vitriol.

I've been a Patriots fan who has weathered every storm since I became a fan in the mid 80s. I watched every game that was televised in the 1-15 1990 season where I saw that one win off the foot of Jason Staurovsky. Fortunately it was on the road because those home games were all blacked out. I've defended this team through every dart and arrow that has come its way. Yes. This one is hard to swallow. And because I don't choose to toe the party line like many other Kool-Aid drinking Pats fans who seems to have no moral compass whatsoever, you have taken on this adversarial tone. I dont even know that I am bailing on the team but I know one thing. I have now ignored two people on this site in my 9 years.

Save your vitriol.

I've been a Patriots fan who has weathered every storm since I became a fan in the mid 80s. I watched every game that was televised in the 1-15 1990 season where I saw that one win off the foot of Jason Staurovsky. Fortunately it was on the road because those home games were all blacked out. I've defended this team through every dart and arrow that has come its way. Yes. This one is hard to swallow. And because I don't choose to toe the party line like many other Kool-Aid drinking Pats fans who seems to have no moral compass whatsoever, you have taken on this adversarial tone. I dont even know that I am bailing on the team but I know one thing. I have now ignored two people on this site in my 9 years.
Good bye. No skin off my back. Go be disappointed the team is pro-white supremacist because Twitter sportswriters who hate the team are frauds.
If Jemele Hill and Mike Freeman are leading one side of an issue I am happy to be on the other side when it involves the NE Patriots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom