NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Everyone has a breaking point. And frankly every team has a list of players who committed crimes.

They are knowingly choosing to draft a player ...heck...reach for a player...who has aligned with a far right paramilitary organization that some would say crosses into white nationalism. I don't know the organization enough to split those hairs so I won't go that far, but that its even a distinction i need to make is a major problem for me.
So, political beliefs is the line.

If the actions of these groups can be referred to as such, sure. Charlottesville (which the three percenters wre actively involved in) and the people the died there felt more than political, but if thats your politics, ok.

I think the opinion on DJax was qualified in terms of IF he is healthy.

Speed is great at WR but there is a reason a few of those guys went in the late rounds. Catching the ball and route running matter as well.

I agree with you on the positionless player nonsense.

Alshon is shot and won't be around come the Fall for several reasons.

I'm ok with not drafting an edge rusher. They drafted the kid out of Penn State last year in the mid rounds and he couldn't make the field. They're deeper than most at the position. Josh Sweat showed a lot last year.

I agree about the interior line. Would have liked to see them take Biadasz (sp?) out of Wisconsin to eventually replace Kelce. Instead they let the Cowboys have him.

I hated the Miller pick when they made it last year. Hated it. Speaking of catching the ball, at least Howie didn't go with Hamler this year.

Are they just gonna eat Alshon's contract? I still hold out some hope for that Arciega-Whiteside as his replacement.

Kicker draft pick was asked about tattoos and gave plausible explanation, what seemed heartfelt answer, that his intent isn’t what is out there. However Belichick and Kraft are now racists.
This is all about Trump. Because those 2 are friends with the President people in the sports media want to attack them.

For the record I think Trump is pathetic and that is about the nicest thing I can say about him.

I hated the Miller pick when they made it last year. Hated it. Speaking of catching the ball, at least Howie didn't go with Hamler this year.

Are they just gonna eat Alshon's contract? I still hold out some hope for that Arciega-Whiteside as his replacement.

Yeah reports on Miller are that that was probably a wasted pick.

The Birds want speed and Alshon is one of the slowest WRs in the league. And he wont be ready to start the season cuz of his foot injury. His frequent complaints to Josina Anderson won't be missed. Yeah the Birds will probably need to eat that money. They've tried to trade him with no luck.

I haven't given up on JJ either but I expected more out of that first year.

Did you have issues with David Tyree?

Tyree is homophobic against gay marriage.

Tyree situation not even remotely comparable. The NYG didnt draft him knowing his homophobic views, views btw probably shared by dozens and dozens of current and former NFL players.

I think the opinion on DJax was qualified in terms of IF he is healthy. -- Yes.

Speed is great at WR but there is a reason a few of those guys went in the late rounds. Catching the ball and route running matter as well. -- I think these speedy WRs drafted later (Hightower 5th & Wallace 6th ) in the draft would've gone in say the 4th round in a normal year in terms of WR talent. This was a unique year in terms of depth and strength at WR.

I agree about the interior line. Would have liked to see them take Biadasz (sp?) out of Wisconsin to eventually replace Kelce. Instead they let the Cowboys have him. -- He would've fit the bill at C, sure, but that pick turned into many extra picks for the Birds. In addition to getting faster, they needed to get younger so extra picks was a plus in my opinion. I also could Seumalo moving to C when Kelce retires. The 4th round OT Driscoll probably moves to guard in the NFL. I really like the OT Prince taken in the 6th. He was projected by many to be 2nd round pick but hurt his knee before the Senior Bowl.

Cowboys hit it out of the park with their draft. Addressed most of their needs and got great value at each pick.
How about we wait until these guys actually play a day in the NFL. Year after year I read these experts on the draft put out their winners and losers and they are almost never right.

You don’t have a blue check mark but the people leading the complaining and who you are reading about this from are blue check marks.

Again Jemele Hill wrote this when David Tyree said he rather have gay marriage banned in NY than win SB 42
"But it's worth pointing out that if you're truly a proponent of free speech and have no issue with athletes using their influence to try to effect social and political issues, that means accepting it when athletes champion a side that makes us uncomfortable, too"

Trump has broken the country. I don’t care what athletes politics are. I also trust Bill Belichick.
Bill has drafted rather poorly for a number of years now. Oh, and he is a big snake as well. from when he was buying gifts for a married woman while he was coaching in New York. Good or bad, Bill would take anyone that he thought would help him win football games. Winning games is his job. It's not mine. I don't root for bad people.

Kicker draft pick was asked about tattoos and gave plausible explanation, what seemed heartfelt answer, that his intent isn’t what is out there. However Belichick and Kraft are now racists.
This is all about Trump. Because those 2 are friends with the President people in the sports media want to attack them.

For the record I think Trump is pathetic and that is about the nicest thing I can say about him.
You aren't being fair. You are twisting it to make it acceptable to you. Fine. But there is a lot of evidence out there that what he said in the interview isn't true. The Pats can do what they want. But I wouldn't hire the kid for any job. Nor would I root for him if he were on my team. No one has to agree with me and that is fine with me. But this has nothing to do with their being friends with Trump. It has to do with drafting a guy that has values that I hope are never in the main stream of America. Sadly, I think more agree with him then I ever thought before.

By the way, Bill says he didn't know what the tat meant. I believe him. I wouldn't have known either.

I’m shocked! Shocked I tell you! ;)

Perfectly placed post to break up my least favorite topics - politics & Patsies.
Are you a Cowboys or Eagles fan? I forget and don’t worry i will eat my Chit next season when my team struggles.
I lose it when stuff becomes personal.

Are you a Cowboys or Eagles fan? I forget and don’t worry i will eat my Chit next season when my team struggles.

I believe he is an Eagles fan.

Use the search function, not gonna dignify that question by answering it.

Use the search function, not gonna dignify that question by answering it.
Cowboys should win the East next year.

NFC West and AFC North + @ MN and are tough cross division games next year though.

I wouldn’t pay Dak what he wants so you gotta give Jerry credit for holding the line.
The Cooper contract was an overpay but it’s so easy for the Cowboys to get out from that it’s a good deal.

I think the Cowboys are the best team in that division next year.

NFC isn’t as top heavy as the AFC with Baltimore and Kansas City.

Cowboys should win the East next year.

NFC West and AFC North + @ MN and are tough cross division games next year though.

I wouldn’t pay Dak what he wants so you gotta give Jerry credit for holding the line.
The Cooper contract was an overpay but it’s so easy for the Cowboys to get out from that it’s a good deal.

I think the Cowboys are the best team in that division next year.

NFC isn’t as top heavy as the AFC with Baltimore and Kansas City.

Well then that settles it. Eagles don't have a chance now.

Early Projections for playoff teams.

AFCE: Bills
AFCN: Ravens
AFCS: Titans
AFCW: Chiefs
WC1: Steelers
WC2: Texans
WC3: Browns

NFCE: Cowboys
NFCN: Packers
NFCS: Saints
NFCW: Seahawks
WC1: Tompa Bay
WC2 Eagles
WC3 49ers

I think the Chiefs are the clear favorite to repeat this year. The AFC is pretty mediocre compared to the NFC still. I think the Belichick's are looking at a 6-10 type season. I get the move to Stidham, but the Patriots have the worst skill talent in the NFL.

Early Projections for playoff teams.

AFCE: Bills
AFCN: Ravens
AFCS: Titans
AFCW: Chiefs
WC2: Texans
WC3: Browns

NFCE: Cowboys
NFCN: Packers
NFCS: Saints
NFCW: Seahawks
WC1: Tompa Bay
WC2 Eagles
WC3 49ers

I think the Chiefs are the clear favorite to repeat this year. The AFC is pretty mediocre compared to the NFC still. I think the Belichick's are looking at a 6-10 type season. I get the move to Stidham, but the Patriots have the worst skill talent in the NFL.
I go
AFCE: Dolphins 3 seed
AFCN: Ravens 2 seed
AFCW: Chiefs- 1 seed
AFCS: Texans- 4 seed
WC2: Bills
WC3: Colts

NFCE: Cowboys 3 seed
NFCS Saints 2 seed
NFCW Seahawks 4 seed
NFCN Vikings 1 seed
WC1: Bucs
WC2: Packers
WC3: Cardinals

We all know who will respond to this because of he is.

Patriots have enough WRs I just don’t trust Stidham. Their schedule is really hard next year.
Edelman/Sanu/Harry are good enough WR 1-3.
They still don’t have a TE unless of the rookies pop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom