NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Patrick Chung becomes the 6th Patriot to opt out. I bet the McCourty’s will be next.

I really want to cut Cam and start Brian Hoyer get Trevor Lawrence.
I don’t blame any player for Opting out.

i dont even know what your point is.

we all will remember 2020 forever.

if football plays all 16, then what? im supposed to look down on it?

those labor disputes were worse as far as declaring a champion than playing through a pandemic.

baseball at 60 is a little tougher to swallow, the expanded playoffs as well. the cream may not rise to the top there, but football with 16 game , is football with 16 games in a pandemic.
The Patriots team was going to be competitive now they have at least 6 player sitting out.

This season isn’t going to be severely flawed.The players are actually using their heads over worry about a paycheck it’s smart.

i dont even know what your point is.

we all will remember 2020 forever.

if football plays all 16, then what? im supposed to look down on it?

those labor disputes were worse as far as declaring a champion than playing through a pandemic.

baseball at 60 is a little tougher to swallow, the expanded playoffs as well. the cream may not rise to the top there, but football with 16 game , is football with 16 games in a pandemic.

My point was this NFL season is unlikely to be spared some significant virus related issues - forfeited games, shortened or canceled season.

This will likely have fans from teams that don’t win the 2020 Championship saying it was tainted or inferior due to the pandemic.

This will also not impact any fans’ desire to see their team win it all.

It’s the perfect year to tank for one of the better college QB prospects in recent years.

That was my joke in response to the Pats having many players opt out this year.

My point was this NFL season is unlikely to be spared some significant virus related issues - forfeited games, shortened or canceled season.

This will likely have fans from teams that don’t win the 2020 Championship saying it was tainted or inferior due to the pandemic.

It’s the perfect year to tank for one of the better college QB prospects in recent years.

I can wish
EeBhhjvUwAAcjo0

Your zeal to be the board contrarian is asinine.

But I’ll play along.

When you look at professional sports history, how many seasons/sports were disrupted by a global pandemic?

None.

There have been many leagues impacted by labor issues (MLB, NHL, NFL, etc). Nobody cares about labor related disruptions because they’re not new.

The Coronavirus pandemic is uncharted territory.

As you were.
Baseball - 1918. Baseball - WWII.

if there is forfeited games and/or a shortened season, that is different.

guys opting out is sorta like an injury imo.

some may show up once the games start playing too.

and dont fear alsacs, your patsies probably go from a 12 or 13 win team to a 10 or 11.

if there is forfeited games and/or a shortened season, that is different.

guys opting out is sorta like an injury imo.

some may show up once the games start playing too.

and dont fear alsacs, your patsies probably go from a 12 or 13 win team to a 10 or 11.
This is the perfect opportunity to tank. As soon as the McCourty’s decide to sit out.
Belichick can cut Cam say without an off-season not fair to throw him to wolves.

The team is set up to tank and Belichick gets a pass. A lot of vets on the defense sitting out gives him cover because of a pandemic. Perfect chance to get his franchise QB.

Their schedule is 8 difficult road games. Perfect storm brewing. Already 6 players opting out with many more possible.

This is the perfect opportunity to tank. As soon as the McCourty’s decide to sit out.
Belichick can cut Cam say without an off-season not fair to throw him to wolves.

The team is set up to tank and Belichick gets a pass. A lot of vets on the defense sitting out gives him cover because of a pandemic. Perfect chance to get his franchise QB.

Their schedule is 8 difficult road games. Perfect storm brewing. Already 6 players opting out with many more possible.
The Pats have too much talent to tank. If Cam is healthy I think the Pats win the Afc East.

Baseball - 1918. Baseball - WWII.

Fair point about baseball cutting a month off its 1918 season (I don’t follow MLB).

Both WWs disrupted sports.

Interesting that baseball played the next two seasons while the pandemic continued.

belichik and tank should never be in the same sentence unless its being used like this...

1595981615152.jpeg

I think trying to play the season is asinine at this point.
word on the street is theres going to be a big # of guys 'opt out' once the window is open.

likely the old guard who has made their $$.

I believe we are up 30 players that have opted not to play due to Covid. Super Bowl Champ Damien Williams is the latest big name. More are coming...

LOL at Lamar, Russ, and Donald rover Mahomes as best player.

It makes sense if players are voting based on how they played in 2019 (which I imagine a lot, but not all of them do).

But the Players' Top 100 is just a ridiculously bad list.

A few examples:
  • DK Metcalf and Larry Fitzgerald made the list while Kenny Golladay did not.
  • Josh Allen and Kyler Murray made the list while Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, and Big Ben did not.
  • Logan Ryan, who led the league in yards allowed this season, not only made the list but was ahead of multiple 1st team All Pro DBs.

Id still take Lamar Jackson over Mahomes.

First time an NFL team has an outbreak like the Marlins did, some talking head bozo will look at their schedule, see the Patriots, and declare Belichick infected everyone.

It makes sense if players are voting based on how they played in 2019 (which I imagine a lot, but not all of them do).

But the Players' Top 100 is just a ridiculously bad list.

A few examples:
  • DK Metcalf and Larry Fitzgerald made the list while Kenny Golladay did note
  • Josh Allen and Kyler Murray made the list while Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, and Big Ben did not.
  • Logan Ryan, who led the league in yards allowed this season, not only made the list but was ahead of multiple 1st team All Pro DBs.

Everyone is taking Mahomes to win one game and he basically got penalized for being hurt. Anyone who watched the playoffs saw who the better player is. Some of the list is based on career success and some is based on what have you done for me lately. That's usually true for any of these lists.

Not that the NFL top 100 is that big of a deal but how is Zach Martin 55th? The guy is the best guard in football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom