NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 233 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

This reminds me of a time back around 2010 when the Red Sox needed the NYY to beat TB in the final game of the season in order to tie for the WC spot and force a one game playoff. Joe Girardi used a new pitcher (most of them rookies) every single inning. They were doing a good job but u knew at one point that one of the pitchers would put their finger on the nuclear button. Sure enough it happened around the 8th inning and the Red Sox were cooked.

the chicken and beer Red Sox. I remember the Red Sox being all pissed the Yankees didn't bring in Rivera. NY had already clinched the Red Sox playoffs wasn't the Yankees' problem. I also wasn't mad at Philly Sunday night. If Engram catches that ball in Philly this isn't an issue.

PFF’s overall ranking of playoff teams averaged by position group. Pittsburgh ain’t good at all on offense.

Feels about right for Green Bay's defense. Need them to play out of their minds to win the whole thing.

Really at this point teams in the playoffs should just rent a hotel and have their players in a SB type of situation.
It’s only 4 weeks.

Agree that would be the best approach but it probably violates the CBA if you don't make it voluntary.

If the brass was so concerned about protecting that pick, they should have announced ahead of time that Sudfeld would play the whole game. That way, you don't have the team spilling their guts like that only to take their chance to win away from them in the 4th quarter.

Btw this is the second year in a row that Pederson has been humiliated by his bosses. Last year after the season ended DP said he was retaining all of his coaches. Two days later he fired two of them - due to obvious pressure from above - and claimed it was his decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away in the next week or so.

the chicken and beer Red Sox. I remember the Red Sox being all pissed the Yankees didn't bring in Rivera. NY had already clinched the Red Sox playoffs wasn't the Yankees' problem. I also wasn't mad at Philly Sunday night. If Engram catches that ball in Philly this isn't an issue.
Mark Texieria hit 2 HRs including a grand slams in that game.
I wasn’t upset the Yankees didn’t use Rivera they were up 8-0 in the 4th or 5th inning and their chitty pitchers should have held the lead.
That Red Sox didn’t deserve help Papelbon had a 1 run lead in the 9th and gave it up.

Mark Texieria hit 2 HRs including a grand slams in that game.
I wasn’t upset the Yankees didn’t use Rivera they were up 8-0 in the 4th or 5th inning and their chitty pitchers should have held the lead.
That Red Sox didn’t deserve help Papelbon had a 1 run lead in the 9th and gave it up.

The NYY owed the Red Sox nothing but it was just interesting how it played out. Girardi used six or seven pitchers in a row - some of them for less than inning - and through 6-2/3 they had given up two hits and zero runs. But as the game got deeper he kept putting in minor league type pitchers and they ended up blowing a huge lead, up 7-0 in the 7th.

At this point he would be back as their starter next year. No?
I have heard Rivera state in one of his grumpy pressers "we already have our franchise QB in Alex Smith." Until you don't. I'm not very fair to Alex admittedly. I don't think he has ever had much to do with his team winning. His game is not losing games. He has thrown for more than 20 TD's exactly twice in 14 seasons and also missed 2 entire seasons. Other than not throwing int's his other skill was his running ability. Not so much anymore. In 2020 he had roughly the same season Carson Wentz had though less productive. .

I have heard Rivera state in one of his grumpy pressers "we already have our franchise QB in Alex Smith." Until you don't. I'm not very fair to Alex admittedly. I don't think he has ever had much to do with his team winning. His game is not losing games. He has thrown for more than 20 TD's exactly twice in 14 seasons and also missed 2 entire seasons. Other than not throwing int's his other skill was his running ability. Not so much anymore. In 2020 he had roughly the same season Carson Wentz had though less productive. .

He’s had some solid years. He’s definitely never been elite, but most of the past 10 years he’s been somewhere around the 7th to 15th best QB. He was never going to win you a SB most likely, but he never was going to lose you games either.

I was stunned at how extremely immobile he was on Sunday. I understand the severity of his injury but it struck me that he really shouldn't be out there. He could barely plant and throw and had no ability to escape any kind of pressure. A team that blitzes hard and creates pressure up the middle will give Smith serious problems.

I was stunned at how extremely immobile he was on Sunday. I understand the severity of his injury but it struck me that he really shouldn't be out there. He could barely plant and throw and had no ability to escape any kind of pressure. A team that blitzes hard and creates pressure up the middle will give Smith serious problems.

I mean besides the broken leg he did have a calf injury a couple weeks ago, but not ideal going up against Suh and Barrett.

Why is the national media obsessed with getting Robert Salah a HC job?

This guy gets more praise than any coach. It’s not like he set the world on fire this year without his team having a healthy DL.

Last edited:
I mean besides the broken leg he did have a calf injury a couple weeks ago, but not ideal going up against Suh and Barrett.

Yeah I was aware of that since that's why he missed the previous game. Then he has a heavy brace on to offset drop foot. Hardly seems like being out on a football field is the ideal place for him to be.

Why is the national media obsessed with getting Robert Salah a HC job?

This guy gets more praise than any coach. It’s not like he set the world on fire this year without his team having a healthy DL.

Lol I've been screaming/asking this for a while. First noticed it in last year's Rams game in LA - he got more camera shots than any coach/coordinator in the history of any sport ever. I mean at the time we didn't know the Rams were going to stink that year but even so, it was ridiculous.

The team that puts a couple shots on Rodgers and gets pressure on him is the team that knocks GB out.

Aaron doesn’t like getting hit.

they’re still the NFC favorite, but I don’t think they’re a lock.

Miami would be stupid to not try and get Watson. With their ammo.

Pretty sure that was in regards to something else that happened in Wisconsin yesterday, but yes the Texans hired another Patriot alum who drafted exactly 1 pro bowler in the last 7 years.

It's too bad Watson is on Houston because if you switch him and Mahomes we would probably be talking about Watson being an all-timer and Mahomes being stuck with a garbage franchise. Watson had the better year this year. He just happened to go 1-7 in games where he had multiple touchdowns and completed 70% of his passes.

Miami with Watson and a healthy D is a running back away.

Pretty sure that was in regards to something else that happened in Wisconsin yesterday, but yes the Texans hired another Patriot alum who drafted exactly 1 pro bowler in the last 7 years.

It's too bad Watson is on Houston because if you switch him and Mahomes we would probably be talking about Watson being an all-timer and Mahomes being stuck with a garbage franchise. Watson had the better year this year. He just happened to go 1-7 in games where he had multiple touchdowns and completed 70% of his passes.
It’s not about Floyd IMO. He sent the tweet after the Texans had hired Caserio.

He is stuck in Houston 4 more years with Jack Easterby who is probably the biggest snake in the league in control in Houston.

Watch Houston hire Josh McDaniels or Brian Daboil.
Caserio and McDaniels went to John Carroll together and they are really close.

The team that puts a couple shots on Rodgers and gets pressure on him is the team that knocks GB out.

Aaron doesn’t like getting hit.

they’re still the NFC favorite, but I don’t think they’re a lock.
I don't think Brady, Brees, or Mahomes do either. Allen may not mind it.

Yeah. If I am Houston I want all your draft picks for the next 5 years.
Fortunately Houston doesn’t have time on their side and Watson’s worth a pretty penny

Fortunately Houston doesn’t have time on their side and Watson’s worth a pretty penny
So the fish have already given up on Tua??

does nobody listen to KaiserGM??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom