NFL Thread | Page 110 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
One things for sure, it doesn't matter one bit what happened when 2 teams played each other earlier in the season. Too many examples to list. Pitt has the makeup to make it a rough day for NE. KC wouldn't have. Bennet isn't close to being healthy, and is nowhere near the problem Gronk is, which would've been key, since Pitt has been vulnerable to TE's. Harrison looked like a pretty good pass rusher still, against a good KC oline. But how much of a pass rush can the Steelers produce will be the major question? They have to make it happen to slow Brady down. If Pitt can muck up this game like they did last night, they can win.

I spit on the ground every time I say the word "Steelers." I'm never happy when I have to pull for them against the Pats.

I never said I was a know it all. I have no problem with different opinions. Challenging an opinion with stupidity like what is your coaching career is just pure stupidity and I will have none of that. I plead guilty for not having patience for that low hanging fruit stuff.

Everyone on this board is a know it all. That is why we are all here.

Lets go Steelers. I can't stand them but to me they were a no-brainer Futures bet AFC winner when Gronk went down. +650 as they were 6-5 at the time. KC & Oakland obvious frauds so who else could win? Honestly surprised with my luck KC didn't get their usual fluke fumble so that NE could have a triple bye into the SB.
If defense is their weakness and they're 7th on Fotball Outsiders [which does weigh schedules] that's a pretty good team Pit has. Only clear edge I got for NE is BB vs Tomlin which is massive.

Can we pause for a moment in the 'Andy Reid is a bad clock manager but a good coach' thread, because that statement is an inalienable truth...to point out that Dallas lost.

I repeat...Dallas. LOST.

Their all everything season was as good as the browns, but resulted with a worse draft pick.

21 years 2 playoff wins.

Basically any poke fan 30 and under bandwagoned themselves to yesterdays champion...and roots for a loosahhh.

As you were...

Everyone on this board is a know it all. That is why we are all here.
I admit I get a lot wrong. Thus I don't care when I have to say I am wrong.
Truly have no problem with different opinions.
I lose my chit for stupidity/uppity arrogance.
That is what gets my venom. Disagree with me just don't be an idiot.

I spit on the ground every time I say the word "Steelers." I'm never happy when I have to pull for them against the Pats.
Me neither. But #neverdallas and #neverpats, are 2 teams I will never pull for. Never liked the Steelers either. And they ratchet up the hate towards them when they go into opposing stadiums and buy all the available tickets. When a team can do that in Mile High, that fires up the base.

I think it's clock management more than play calling.

Btw from 2000-2011 Reid finished first or second in the NFC East ten times with six division championships. He pretty much dominated the division in that stretch.
Yup. Dominated the division. And what does he have to show for it? One losing SB appearance. Can never manage the clock, and chokes hard in any single elimination spot. See yesterday.

KC D generates turnovers beyond that it is a bad D.
NE D has an underrated D.
Flowers is turning into a stud.
Hightower and McCourty are 2nd team all pros.
Butler/Ryan are a good combo CB tandem.
KC was horribly coached on D. Houston was in coverage way too much.
Gronk is out Lewis is back. NE has never lost a game when Lewis has played for them and Martilus Bennett is a top 10 TE in the league he can replace 50%-75% of Gronk.
Weapons are not a problem for NE even without Gronk.
Edelman.Lewis.Hogan.Floyd. Bennett.White.Blount and Mitchell.

I think you wildly overrate the Pats. We'll see.

Yup. Dominated the division. And what does he have to show for it? One losing SB appearance. Can never manage the clock, and chokes hard in any single elimination spot. See yesterday.

No argument here. You referenced the one area where he had massive success. The NFC East.

Garrett is a mediocre coach but I don't understand the crap he's taking over spiking the ball.

To me, their bigger blunder in the last two minutes was not running it on 3rd and 3 with 35 seconds left (and a timeout to kill the clock for a shorter field goal).

Elliot was running well in the 4th and the Boys blew it by not giving him the chance to pick up a first as GB was certainly playing a soft zone.

Instead they gave Rodgers the ball back with plenty of time (and TOs) to get into FG range. Duh-umb.

Reverting back to their soft prevent D on 3rd and 20 (when Cook made that amazing catch) was par for the course in Dallas for the past 15 years. Great effort torched by general stupidity.

At least the future is bright on offense. Gotta get a pass rusher (or DC willing to blitz before being down 18) if Jackass Jerry is to win another one.

Rothlisberger home/road splits are awful.
Ben Roethlisberger: Situational Stats at NFL.com

Home: 71% completions, 20 TD, 5 INT. 116.7 QB rating. ( Cincy, KC,NYJ, Dallas, NYG, Baltimore)
Road: 59% completion, 9 TD, 8 INT. 78.4 QB rating. (Washington, Philly, Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Indy,Buffalo, Cincy)

KaiserUEO said:
Can we pause for a moment in the 'Andy Reid is a bad clock manager but a good coach' thread, because that statement is an inalienable truth...to point out that Dallas lost. I repeat...Dallas. LOST. Their all everything season was as good as the browns, but resulted with a worse draft pick. 21 years 2 playoff wins. Basically any poke fan 30 and under bandwagoned themselves to yesterdays champion...and roots for a loosahhh. As you were...

Don't forget 0-2 vs the NYG.

Can we pause for a moment in the 'Andy Reid is a bad clock manager but a good coach' thread, because that statement is an inalienable truth...to point out that Dallas lost.

I repeat...Dallas. LOST.

Their all everything season was as good as the browns, but resulted with a worse draft pick.

21 years 2 playoff wins.

Basically any poke fan 30 and under bandwagoned themselves to yesterdays champion...and roots for a loosahhh.

As you were...

Enjoy it now because this was 1991 all over again. Where the Triplets fell to Detroit before going on a 4 year tear that the league hasn't seen since. Future is with Dak and Zeke is bright.

Enjoy it now because this was 1991 all over again. Where the Triplets fell to Detroit before going on a 4 year tear that the league hasn't seen since. Future is with Dak and Zeke is bright.
It is this truth which has enabled me to face today even with all of the haters on social media. Last night and this morning were brutal. Woke up at 3 and could not get back to sleep. But, The Boys Are Back and the future is bright. Will be weird to see number 9 in another uniform though.

It is this truth which has enabled me to face today even with all of the haters on social media. Last night and this morning were brutal. Woke up at 3 and could not get back to sleep. But, The Boys Are Back and the future is bright. Will be weird to see number 9 in another uniform though.

I know Jerry loves Tony but he cannot let him go for free. We need to get some picks at the very least.

We will pick low in the coming draft but we will address the DL heavily in the draft. Not to mention Jaylon Smith will be on the field next year.

That is very true.

Garrett is a mediocre coach but I don't understand the crap he's taking over spiking the ball.
I'm not calling for Garrett to be fired. I generally dislike spiking the ball on most occasions. If one can get everyone lined-up to snap the ball, one can run a play. Shouldn't you have a play ready for such a scenario? The offense has a huge advantage over the defense in a hurry-up scenario. Nobody knows what would have happened, but running an actual play instead of wasting a down would have improved the team's chances of getting a first down, scoring the game-winning touchdown, or at least kicking a safer field goad and giving Rodgers less time to score.

I'm not calling for Garrett to be fired. I generally dislike spiking the ball on most occasions. If one can get everyone lined-up to snap the ball, one can run a play. Shouldn't you have a play ready for such a scenario? The offense has a huge advantage over the defense in a hurry-up scenario. Nobody knows what would have happened, but running an actual play instead of wasting a down would have improved the team's chances of getting a first down, scoring the game-winning touchdown, or at least kicking a safer field goad and giving Rodgers less time to score.

They out think themselves a lot. 3rd and 2 with a time out you simply have to run Zeke there. If you fail to get it you run the clock down, kick the fg and head to OT. Instead they try to throw and it gets knocked down stopping the clock.

If you are going to be a running team then run the damn ball when it matters.

I know Jerry loves Tony but he cannot let him go for free. We need to get some picks at the very least.

We will pick low in the coming draft but we will address the DL heavily in the draft. Not to mention Jaylon Smith will be on the field next year.
Jaylon Smith in tandem with Sean Lee will be awesome.

Jaylon Smith in tandem with Sean Lee will be awesome.

Tapper will play next year too. Gregory will probably get cut. After how poor our DL was yesterday we need to get some FA and some draft picks in there. I expect they will address it much in the same way they did the OL.

They out think themselves a lot. 3rd and 2 with a time out you simply have to run Zeke there. If you fail to get it you run the clock down, kick the fg and head to OT. Instead they try to throw and it gets knocked down stopping the clock.

If you are going to be a running team then run the damn ball when it matters.
Actually, the Pack had timeouts so if they ran Zeke and he didn't get it, GB might have called timeout. Dez was open on the slant but it got batted down. Thought the spike was terrible as it happened. You give up a down for free when at that time we had a TO and were not actually in field goal range.

Status
Not open for further replies.