NFL Thread | Page 131 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Giants fan, I don't really understand the Patriots hate that everyone else has. We're 2-0 against them in SB's, they haven't bothered me none.

I do get slightly irritated when I see pro-Patriots Facebook posts from people I went to elementary and high school with and I know for a fact that they were not Patriots fans back then. But other than the huge bandwagon segment of their fanbase, I don't really care about them.

AFC East Picks in first 3 rounds + 2017 cap space:
BUF: 3 picks, $21M
MIA: 4 picks, $41M
NE: 4 picks, $63M
NYJ: 4 picks, <$1M

Oh and the Patriots have a backup QB to trade and get even more assets.

Also, the Pats don't have the NFL licking their butts letting them get away with cheating like the Giants did for walkie-talkies #integrity of the game or violating the tampering rules like the Jets and not getting punished while the Chiefs lost a 3rd and 6th round pick.

Miami doesn't have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, they only have 3. They traded their own 3rd rounder this year to Minny last year so they had none in Rd 3 until yesterday when they got a comp pick back at the end of round 3. Also some of that cap space stuff is off. For example, Miami with the cutting of Mario Williams and Earl Mitchell done opened up more space and with Albert's huge contract on the books for another week to 10 days is at around $50 mill of cap space in reality come March 9th. Even with the re-worked Julius Thomas deal they are taking on March 9th where he took a pay cut it is near $50 mill once you factor in those trades. And they are expected to cut Jordan Cameron and a few others to open up more to get near the $55-$60 mill mark.

The Jets number is also a little higher in regards to cap space as well they are over $1 mill but not by much.

AFC East Picks in first 3 rounds + 2017 cap space:
BUF: 3 picks, $21M
MIA: 4 picks, $41M
NE: 4 picks, $63M
NYJ: 4 picks, <$1M

Oh and the Patriots have a backup QB to trade and get even more assets.

Also, the Pats don't have the NFL licking their butts letting them get away with cheating like the Giants did for walkie-talkies #integrity of the game or violating the tampering rules like the Jets and not getting punished while the Chiefs lost a 3rd and 6th round pick.
Giants used a walkie-talkie for 3 whopping plays and got severely punished.

the patsies spy-cheated for years, including sending their version of the gestapo to a Rams practice the week of a the Super Bowl.

they weren't punished enough.

did you send Goodell your monthly...'Thank You'...for going easy on them with Spy-gate and Deflate-gate??

send it to me if you didn't, im going drinking in the City next week and ill hand it to him in person.

Your Welcome...

the patsies spy-cheated for years, including sending their version of the gestapo to a Rams practice the week of a the Super Bowl.

did you send Goodell your monthly...'Thank You'...for going easy on them with Spy-gate and Deflate-gate??

send it to me if you didn't, im going drinking in the City next week and ill hand it to him in person.

Your Welcome...
Using the walkie talkies during the game was more cheating than anything that happened with Spygate.

Spygate was never used during current games.

Hurley: Roger Goodell's Punishment For Giants' Walkie-Talkie Use Is Unbelievable

As a Giants fan, I don't really understand the Patriots hate that everyone else has. We're 2-0 against them in SB's, they haven't bothered me none.

I do get slightly irritated when I see pro-Patriots Facebook posts from people I went to elementary and high school with and I know for a fact that they were not Patriots fans back then. But other than the huge bandwagon segment of their fanbase, I don't really care about them.
For the Kaisers of the world I think it's Boston-New York hate.
Miami doesn't have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, they only have 3. They traded their own 3rd rounder this year to Minny last year so they had none in Rd 3 until yesterday when they got a comp pick back at the end of round 3. Also some of that cap space stuff is off. For example, Miami with the cutting of Mario Williams and Earl Mitchell done opened up more space and with Albert's huge contract on the books for another week to 10 days is at around $50 mill of cap space in reality come March 9th. Even with the re-worked Julius Thomas deal they are taking on March 9th where he took a pay cut it is near $50 mill once you factor in those trades. And they are expected to cut Jordan Cameron and a few others to open up more to get near the $55-$60 mill mark.

The Jets number is also a little higher in regards to cap space as well they are over $1 mill but not by much.
I cited the current cap numbers. Of course restructuring and cuts will take place. My point was NE has won the SB 2 of 3 last years and is in unbelievable cap shape. They will pay Hightower and Butler.
Trade Garapollio for a crazy package and will keep on ho humming along.

Your Welcome...
Also stop the crap with the Rams walk through it never happened. You continue to cite this fake news like a Trump kin

Herald reporter: Sources never said they saw tape

It never happened. You can wish it but it's not true. The Herald reporter had his career tarnished for this. The ex-employee was disgruntled and brought to meet Goodell as if he was telling the truth the Patriots get the death penalty if it was true. The guy admitted he made it because he was bitter.

Those articles are comical.

I'll just relay your thanks for you.

Boy oh boy did he throw you guys an absolute solid.

You got off so lucky!!

Those articles are comical.

I'll just relay your thanks for you.

Boy oh boy did he throw you guys an absolute solid.

You got off so lucky!!
He did the Giants and his master Mara the solid.
You guys got caught cheating and lost 10 draft spots. Wow that is so harsh.
Goodell let Brown get away with a 1 game suspension because Father Flanagan Mara vouched for him.

The Giants embrassed themselves over Josh Brown.

Mara is the Commissioner.
He did the Pats no favors they paid a stiff price and the fact you think they videotaped the walk through even the writer admits he jumped the gun and that reporter hates the Pats is like Trump supporters listening to everything Trump says.

Kind of a dumb question for the betting guys:

The NFL Combine has betting odds. For example:

Leonard Fournette 40 yard time over/under: 4.43
Over: -150
Under: +120

When you say "Over 4.43", does this mean you're betting on him running higher than that? Meaning slower? Or does "over" mean beating that time and running faster?

When you say "Over 4.43", does this mean you're betting on him running higher than that? Meaning slower? Or does "over" mean beating that time and running faster?
It means if you bet the over 4.43 he has run a 4.44 or worse to win.
If you bet under he would have to run a 4.42

It means if you bet the over 4.43 he has run a 4.44 or worse to win.
If you bet under he would have to run a 4.42

That's what logically made sense to me too but some of the articles talking about it seem to be implying the opposite haha. Thanks!

so we're betting on combine results now? That's worse than preseason NFL on the degenerate scale.

so we're betting on combine results now? That's worse than preseason NFL on the degenerate scale.

you don't have a guy youre going to throw the mortgage on in the 3-cone drill??

so 1980s to not care...

I never got into the combine, If I wanted to watch people work out, I would go to the gym.

Mike Glennon is going to sign a contract with the Chicago Bears that was going to pay him more money per year then Aaron Rodgers makes.
That is insane.

Mike Glennon is going to sign a contract with the Chicago Bears that was going to pay him more money per year then Aaron Rodgers makes.
That is insane.

It is going to pay him more, or it was going to pay him more? Although either way, it is pure insanity. Chicago gonna Chicago.

It is going to pay him more, or it was going to pay him more? Although either way, it is pure insanity. Chicago gonna Chicago.
Yeah Glennon is getting 15 million per year.
Rodgers is getting 14.5 million next year.

Chicago is getting Glennon and Stephon Gilmore.

Simply amazing. SMH :confused:

That is insane.
They weren't getting Romo
Not touching Kap (no team is)

They went with philosophy of grabbing somewhat known commodity at that price vs crapshoot in draft at higher price. What was Cutler costing per year? Probably savings there too.

As for Kap, he cut his fro, said he will stand, and has been softened this off season ... Looking like he is in desperation mode as he sees the gravy train pulling away without him.

Probably will end up in CFL for a couple years to try and reserect his career.

Cusefan0307 I am hearing the Patriots may be trading Malcolm Butler to New Orleans for Brandon Cooks and the saints would throw in a draft pick.
Belichick just paid Gilmore a lot of money.

Cusefan0307 I am hearing the Patriots may be trading Malcolm Butler to New Orleans for Brandon Cooks and the saints would throw in a draft pick.
Belichick just paid Gilmore a lot of money.
Weird move imo..

Not a huge fan of Gilmore and this doesn't bother me at all, especially at that price tag.

Weird move imo..

Not a huge fan of Gilmore and this doesn't bother me at all, especially at that price tag.
Pats had 62 million in cap space.

They can afford this. Belichick wants Brandin Cooks. New Orleans wants a top 15 pick or defensive stud.
Belichick pays Gilmore and trades for Cooks and doesn't have to over pay Butler.
Butler wants 15 million per year.
Gilmore will get a million less and BB gets Cooks he who he loves is the plans.
Then he trades Jimmy G for the 12th pick and more.

Pats had 62 million in cap space.

They can afford this. Belichick wants Brandin Cooks. New Orleans wants a top 15 pick or defensive stud.
Belichick pays Gilmore and trades for Cooks and doesn't have to over pay Butler.
Butler wants 15 million per year.
Gilmore will get a million less and BB gets Cooks he who he loves is the plans.
Then he trades Jimmy G for the 12th pick and more.
I guess. I'll take Malcolm Butler at 15 mil over Stephon Gilmore at 14 mil but if that mil is used to improve the team elsewhere then it makes sense.

I guess. I'll take Malcolm Butler at 15 mil over Stephon Gilmore at 14 mil but if that mil is used to improve the team elsewhere then it makes sense.
Yeah I can see that. Also Gilmore is younger than Butler that factors into the back end of the deal.
If Butler is flipped for another asset I will like it.

Rodgers is getting over $20 million next year

Status
Not open for further replies.