NFL Thread | Page 134 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Payton is a smart guy so I don't see him signing Malcolm Butler to an offer sheet. He would be giving Belichick the money 11th pick.

I see him agreeing to Handshake Deal and then sending back the picks he got for Cooks.

Dont'a Hightower resigns with New England four years, $43.5 million with $19 million guaranteed.

God NE is killing it. This contract is 7 million less than Jamie Collins got from Cleveland. NE is loaded.

Dont'a Hightower resigns with New England four years, $43.5 million with $19 million guaranteed.

God NE is killing it. This contract is 7 million less than Jamie Collins got from Cleveland. NE is loaded.
Part III...

Part III...
Godfather part one and two great movies.
Godfather part three we all know how that ended.

Right now I honestly think the Pats could start Jimmy G with their current team and would be the AFC favorite.

Godfather part one and two great movies.
Godfather part three we all know how that ended.

Right now I honestly think the Pats could start Jimmy G with their current team and would be the AFC favorite.
except the Mara's never moved family operations to Nevada and never tried to get out.

this is a pure Gotham story.

not only is Eli the Last Jedi...hes the Dark Knight.

and we all know how all 3 of those ended...

except the Mara's never moved family operations to Nevada and never tried to get out.

this is a pure Gotham story.

not only is Eli the Last Jedi...hes the Dark Knight.

and we all know how all 3 of those ended...
Well the Patriots did do this to Steelers last year.

The NFC is loaded compared to the AFC. Denver/Oakland/Houston are the AFC 2-4 and they are a gap behind the Pats.

Poor Ryan Nassib the Giants signed Geno Smith over resigning him.

Geno sucks.

Poor Ryan Nassib the Giants signed Geno Smith over resigning him.

Geno sucks.
I guess IK Enemkpali should cancel his Giants visit...

geno is a smart move for a team making a run.

just need him to run the scout team like all those other mobile NFL QBs do.

can always cut him too.

they also signed Josh Johnson...so nassib? yeah, well......

I guess IK Enemkpali should cancel his Giants visit...

geno is a smart move for a team making a run.

just need him to run the scout team like all those other mobile NFL QBs do.

can always cut him too.

they also signed Josh Johnson...so nassib? yeah, well...
Geno sucks but since your QB never gets hurt your fine.

Geno struggles reading defenses. Nassib better hope Jacksonville signs him or he could be done.

Geno sucks but since your QB never gets hurt your fine.

Geno struggles reading defenses. Nassib better hope Jacksonville signs him or he could be done.
yeah, geno is not here to start or to even play.

like I said, he will have a big role Tues-Friday.

also, to have a backup with 30 starts, is an upgrade over nassib for sure.

nassib will be a camp arm somewhere, provided he still has an arm.

remember, he finished the year on IR and it wasn't from the pounding he took on the field.

yeah, geno is not here to start or to even play.

like I said, he will have a big role Tues-Friday.

also, to have a backup with 30 starts, is an upgrade over nassib for sure.

nassib will be a camp arm somewhere, provided he still has an arm.

remember, he finished the year on IR and it wasn't from the pounding he took on the field.

Agree Nassib will have a solid shot to make a roster somewhere

Agree Nassib will have a solid shot to make a roster somewhere
provided hes healthy, he needs to play this very smart.

needs to get where the #1 is shaky potatoes and the other guy fighting for #2 is beatable.

or a Pittsburgh where the #1 is an injury waiting to happen and #2 is a good fight.

otherwise his career might be over.

doubt he signs till after the draft, unless he gets a little tight in the pants about his situation.

geno, apparently...gave up for this year.

hes not going to get any game experience, but working with McAdoo, Sully and Cignetti is a huge improvement over what hes had in Florham Park.

the Giants are clearly going for it, the scout team QB is big.

when they've won recently it was Quincy Carter (XLII) and then David Carr (XLVI).

2 vet QBs with so-so starting resumes, but ones who brought a lot to practice.

Geno is more than a Scout Team QB. He is a legit #2 QB who if gets some good coaching can maybe take over when Eli hangs it up in a few years. Geno never got good coaching with the Jets. He can be saved still and that is what the Giants are thinking. Giants are probably thinking the QB class is weak in this draft and we have to start thinking about big picture after Eli and would rather try and fix Geno then use a draft pick on someone in this draft or maybe the next draft. They are taking a cheap flyer on Geno where if the coaches are any good could pay off.

Geno is more than a Scout Team QB. He is a legit #2 QB who if gets some good coaching can maybe take over when Eli hangs it up in a few years. Geno never got good coaching with the Jets. He can be saved still and that is what the Giants are thinking. Giants are probably thinking the QB class is weak in this draft and we have to start thinking about big picture after Eli and would rather try and fix Geno then use a draft pick on someone in this draft or maybe the next draft. They are taking a cheap flyer on Geno where if the coaches are any good could pay off.
That's a deeper dive into the broad paint brush I posted with, but some truth there for sure. Eli is under contract for 3 more years and while he has been remarkably durable, it's a scary proposition when u are going for it to have a completely untested guy at #2. I see no need to draft a QB this year, maybe next year too...need guys to compete, not to groom. If Eli doesn't get a 2020 contract and geno is still there, then yes I will assume the coaches have done a good job and I've seen worse options at QB. Tommy Maddox and Kent Graham anyone??

Eli won't be Favre'd or Peyton'd. If they draft a guy in '19 and '20 is Geno and him, lord I hope they won in the previous 3 years to make the beer go down nicer...

There's nobody - nobody - on the GangGreen.com board who has anything so nice to say about Geno, And as lifelong Jets fan, I concur. But yes, he's in a better situation than he was there, which is about the most positive thing I can think of to say about him.

nothing drives me more nuts than pro teams changing citys and the nickname stays the same.

when they change the name, Im ok with it...like the Titans.

or when the town keeps it like the Browns.

but the Colts, should be in Baltimore.

St Louis, when with a team, should always be the Cardinals.

the Rams are back where they belong.

but I got to say...I have no problem with the Las Vegas Raiders.

it just fits.

I love that Belichick doesn't take the picture. He doesn't allow his name for Madden and just goes and does nothing.

Happy March 28th!!
C7_vt73WsAE8lYj

Status
Not open for further replies.