NFL Thread | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085
He doesn't get 20 million till 2018.

Next year he gets 13 million.
His cap number is 20 because of his signing bonus from when signed. The cash he gets is 13.5 million. He wants a raise.

Ah gotcha. Makes sense.

I kinda wonder if he was really being serious about wanting a raise versus just answering the question by saying if Glennon is worth $15 mil per year, obviously I'm worth more than I'm currently getting.

thoughts on Marshall to the Giants??

could be the best 3 WRs unit there is.

id like a pass catching TE...AND...Anthony Fasano.

still got to find a LT...

thoughts on Marshall to the Giants??

could be the best 3 WRs unit there is.

id like a pass catching TE...AND...Anthony Fasano.

still got to find a LT...
No excuse to not make the NFC divisional round for the Giants now.
Marshall has never made the playoffs one time. He has talent.

I still think Dallas is the favorite in that division.

God bless Bill Belichick and the AFC.

If Marshall is the Marshall of two years ago, it's a great signing. If he struggles with injuries/plays like he did last year, he won't contribute much. I'm guessing he'll end up around 800-900 yards for the Giants, and at $6 mil on a short deal, I can't complain about that. It should indeed be a nice trio.

Rapoport is saying Brandin Cooks is expected to be traded later this afternoon, either to Tennessee or New England.

Rapoport is saying Brandin Cooks is expected to be traded later this afternoon, either to Tennessee or New England.
teams need to STOP trading with the patsies.

theyre getting fleeced and they don't even know it.

If Marshall is the Marshall of two years ago, it's a great signing. If he struggles with injuries/plays like he did last year, he won't contribute much. I'm guessing he'll end up around 800-900 yards for the Giants, and at $6 mil on a short deal, I can't complain about that. It should indeed be a nice trio.
I think he will fight to get on the field injured with the Giants, where as with the jets...you fight to stay off it even when healthy.

Malcolm Butler is a fair trade for Cooks.

Belichick doesn't think he will play the same after he gets paid.
Wait till Cleveland gives up the 12th pick and more for Jimmy Garappolo

It's like trading properties in Monopoly with the resident evil/maniac genius that convinces you that he's doing you favors you need now.

It is so so so hard being a dolphins fan.

Malcolm Butler is a fair trade for Cooks.

Belichick doesn't think he will play the same after he gets paid.
Wait till Cleveland gives up the 12th pick and more for Jimmy Garappolo
that's part of what I mean.

either they know he will quit once the $$ is there or that he has slipped a couple of steps and a steep decline is coming or that the scotch tape holding his ligaments together is about to lose its adhesion.

something is wrong and they are getting Cooks.

as for garafolo, theres a lot of stupid people out there. the guy played what? a game and a half??

that's part of what I mean.

either they know he will quit once the $$ is there or that he has slipped a couple of steps and a steep decline is coming or that the scotch tape holding his ligaments together is about to lose its adhesion.

something is wrong and they are getting Cooks.

as for garafolo, theres a lot of stupid people out there. the guy played what? a game and a half??
Butler is older than a typical 3rd year player. He is 27 now. Gilmore is a year younger and has played 5 years.

Belichick is playing 3D chess.

I do think Jimmy G is legit. He won't be legit with the Browns because they are the Browns. However put Jimmy with a decent situation he will be a top half QB in this league.

He is going to be bring a nice haul.

I still think Jimmy G brings back a 2nd or 3rd round pick when it's all said and done. I know there's a report out there that Cleveland has offered the #12 pick but I just don't buy it.

I still think Jimmy G brings back a 2nd or 3rd round pick when it's all said and done. I know there's a report out there that Cleveland has offered the #12 pick but I just don't buy it.
Belichick won't trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick.
Cleveland's own reporter is saying they offered the 12th pick and BB said no.

They can let him go and get a 3rd round compensatory pick. BB is holding out for the 12th pick and conditional 2018 pick. He is saying he wants 2 first round picks but he will compromise down to a conditional pick.

I understand what that report says. I don't believe it to be true.

And I understand that the Patriots may just hold onto him if they're only getting a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. That's precisely why I believe he hasn't been traded to this point.

Dolphins resign Branche for way too much, and Stills for enough to put Parker's future in question.

Looking to extend Damien Williams, Michael Thomas and Kiko. Would love it.

Reportedly looking into getting their noses in the Hightower conversation.

If the Dolphins get Hightower in the group with Kiko Alonso/Jelani Jenkins/Cam Wake/Suh/Branche... Look out.

Belichick won't trade him for anything less than a 1st round pick.
Cleveland's own reporter is saying they offered the 12th pick and BB said no.

They can let him go and get a 3rd round compensatory pick. BB is holding out for the 12th pick and conditional 2018 pick. He is saying he wants 2 first round picks but he will compromise down to a conditional pick.

Looks like this isn't happening. Cleveland just traded for Brock Osweiler instead.

Looks like this isn't happening. Cleveland just traded for Brock Osweiler instead.
Not really the Browns have over 105 million in cap space. Their front office is all analytical they took Osweiler's 18 million for one year and gain a 2018 2nd round draft pick.

they could trade that pick now in a package for Jimmy G with the 12th pick.

The Browns had all that cap space and the green light from ownership to spend. They basically bought a second-round pick for one year of a bad contract.

If you click the link in Schefter's tweet, it says, "Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him." Boo!

The Browns had all that cap space and the green light from ownership to spend. They basically bought a second-round pick for one year of a bad contract.

If you click the link in Schefter's tweet, it says, "Cleveland is not committed to keeping Osweiler and is likely to try to trade him." Boo!

I'm sure they'll have a lot of takers. Houston just gave up a 2nd round pick to get rid of him and Schefter thinks the Browns will find someone willing to give something up for him? lol. If the Browns are able to turn around and trade Osweiler for anything of value, Houston will have played their hand as bad as we've ever seen in the NFL.

I'm sure they'll have a lot of takers. Houston just gave up a 2nd round pick to get rid of him and Schefter thinks the Browns will find someone willing to give something up for him? lol. If the Browns are able to turn around and trade Osweiler for anything of value, Houston will have played their hand as bad as we've ever seen in the NFL.
Cleveland now assumed the money they could trade him to another team and cap charge would be really small. All Houston did was use Cleveland's cap space. Cleveland can move him if another team wanted Brock for one year cheap before the last 2 years became guaranteed.

From Ian Rapaport
From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style

From Ian Rapaport
From what I understand, the #Browns are weighing simply releasing Brock Osweiler after trading for him. NBA style
but before they do...call the jets.

they may get another 2nd rounder...

Status
Not open for further replies.