NFL Thread | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think with the Patriots having better Bills players than the Bills that this game shouldn't have been a problem.

Well, it was a good line, but Brady was less than his usual self. Hunt's fumble made the first half closer than it should have been. Given that play and if McCourty doesn't catch Hunt, it was easily 50+. The D struggled, and didn't make a lot of big plays. And after Hightower went out, they gave it up like a prom queen when the game was on the line in the second half.

Thats the worst I have ever seen a Pats D look. Glad I drafted them in multiple fantasy leagues. Brady also really misses Edelman, his completion % was way off.

Agree on Edelman 100%, they are really going to miss him, to what extent I am not sure, Edelman is a great WR for NE and really bails them out a lot. I hate the Pats but will miss watching Edelman play this year. ( Except against the Bills)

KC is a pretty GD good football team and they have serious weapons on offense. Put those young guys with Mahomes in a year or two, future is bright there.

I do think the hype on the Pats this off season was a bit much, not really surprised they lost last night. KC and Andy Reid seem to win the big games that don't really matter. We will have to wait and see just how good both teams really are THIS year. Belichick will use this loss for the rest of the season but he and Patricia were out coached by the fat red tomato last night.

Looks like Chiefs will lose Berry for rest of season which is a huge blow

Thank for the fantasy points Gronk...

God damnit

I'll make a prediction that by the end of the year it will be clear that Carson Wentz is the best QB in the NFC East and one of the better QBs in the NFL. Problem will be that the Eagle defense (particularly the secondary) is not as good as NYG's so they probably will be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

I think Wentz might be the best fantasy QB in the division but the worst actual QB (maybe 2nd worst ahead of Eli).

I guess we'll see how it goes, but Wentz really didn't impress me last season. I was a big fan during the draft though.

His scouting report after one season isn't exactly great:
sqs5yh.png

AFC is blown wide open. Lets go Jaguars!

In 1963 the Giants went to the NFL final with something like a 12-2 record, stocked with my idols YA Tittle, Sam Huff, and all those other guys. Then in their opener in 1964, the Eagles destroyed them 38-7 and their record from the previous year was reversed, winning only 2 games that year. As a teen I was stunned, trying to understand how such a team could fall so precipitously. I'm not predicting something similar, just mentioning things can change seemingly without notice. I fully expect Belichick to solve the problems, but you never know when a talent pool turns south. Brady is now 40, and he wasn't Brady-like last night. You just never know. I wonder whether Kraft was back on the phone to Megatron this morning. :)

Actually no they haven't.
Kansas City has abused the Patriots by dink and dunking all day long.

Then they hit a bomb because Gilmore made a bad read on his safety support.
Hunt got matched up on Marsh and abused a guy in coverage.

Kansas City has been taking the underneath all day long.

It's been a masterpiece by Smith.

Smith had a career night. NE's D was atrocious.

I think Wentz might be the best fantasy QB in the division but the worst actual QB (maybe 2nd worst ahead of Eli).

I guess we'll see how it goes, but Wentz really didn't impress me last season. I was a big fan during the draft though.

His scouting report after one season isn't exactly great:
sqs5yh.png

Just to be clear I was referring to actual performance and not fantasy.

You could add one more to the skill set there. Had the worst receiver corp in the NFL as they led the league in drops. He's mobile, tough in the pocket and has a cannon. Remember he was a rookie last year. I think he'll make big strides this year.

Just to be clear I was referring to actual performance and not fantasy.

You could add one more to the skill set there. Had the worst receiver corp in the NFL as they led the league in drops. He's mobile, tough in the pocket and has a cannon. Remember he was a rookie last year. I think he'll make big strides this year.

It's certainly possible. Like I said, I liked him a lot coming out of college.

Regarding the WRs, it's true that they led the league in drops, but they also had more catches on inaccurate passes than any other team.

Props to KC but NE should be alright.

i
I'm sure they will be fine but they are going to need to add on the defensive side of the ball. They way overpaid for a slightly above average cb in Gilmore and just got torched by a very mediocre Alex Smith.

Will they turn it around and win around 12 games...probably but they better keep Brady healthy and plug some holes.

Dak already is the 4th best QB in the NFL

Maybe 5th if you include Geno Smith.

Fixed. Why the Geno hate? Looking forward to seeing OBJ hanging with the kickers net and Eli playing catch with the turf. Game on.

It's certainly possible. Like I said, I liked him a lot coming out of college.

Regarding the WRs, it's true that they led the league in drops, but they also had more catches on inaccurate passes than any other team.

I'm not sure how that stat re inaccurate passes is calculated but bottom line his receivers stunk. No separation, no RAC, no nothing. Except for maybe Jordan Matthews (and just marginally so) none of the WRs from last year are starter type material in the NFL and several of them will be unemployed this year.

In 1963 the Giants went to the NFL final with something like a 12-2 record, stocked with my idols YA Tittle, Sam Huff, and all those other guys. Then in their opener in 1964, the Eagles destroyed them 38-7 and their record from the previous year was reversed, winning only 2 games that year. As a teen I was stunned, trying to understand how such a team could fall so precipitously. I'm not predicting something similar, just mentioning things can change seemingly without notice. I fully expect Belichick to solve the problems, but you never know when a talent pool turns south. Brady is now 40, and he wasn't Brady-like last night. You just never know. I wonder whether Kraft was back on the phone to Megatron this morning. :)
Many would dance and rejoice wildly.

Awful blow to the chiefs

Tell me about it. I have KC as my D1 in the fantasy draft here. :oops:

Have to wonder with his health history and at his age if this might be the end for him. Hate to see such a terrific player go down like that.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. I have KC as my D1 in the fantasy draft here. :oops:

Have to wonder with his history of health and at his age if this might be the end for him. Hate to see such a terrific player go down like that.
Same here. Decided to work the waives for defenses week by week from now on this year.

Same here. Decided to work the waives for defenses week by week from now on this year.

Probably a good idea. On the other hand, in my other pool I have Kareem Hunt as RB2 (behind Gurley). Much bigger night than I dared hope for. That has to be a record fantasy rookie debut. And get this: Alex Smith is a Ph/A, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.