NFL Thread | Page 163 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge grants Zeke Elliott's request for a TRO.

He is playing the entire season now.

Haven't been able to keep up with this too much.

Zeek has a TRO from who? The "victim"?
How does having a lawsuit effect his suspension, or is he suing the NFL?

Haven't been able to keep up with this too much.

Zeek has a TRO from who? The "victim"?
How does having a lawsuit effect his suspension, or is he suing the NFL?
He's suing the NFL.

Judge grants Zeke Elliott's request for a TRO.

He is playing the entire season now.
Anyone else have Bell (or DJ) and Zeke on their fantasy team?

Zeke is suing to prevent the implementation of his suspension.

He is claiming the process wasn't fair.

Procedural is in his favor. The judge who handled this at the district court level was an Obama appointee.

That helped him. Like Brady he won in the district court.

Brady won in the district court. Zeke now has to win their. His defense is fundamental fairness. The NFL didn't listen to its own investigator.

The NFL didn't make the investigatior's notes available to the defense. The NFL didn't make the complaining witness available or under oath.

Zeke's defense contends the process was rigged(it was).

The NFL will contend article 46 rules no matter what.

This time the NFL can't throw a shiny distraction like the phone with Brady when the NFL had all texts from the Patriots employees.

Thus the PR game won't be in their favor. Plus the venue is Texas and not New York. The NFL won on appeal in Brady because the 2nd circuit is very conservative and pro-business because of Wall Street down the road.

5th circuit isn't going to be as pro-business and could be more friendly to labor.

Zeke will play this whole season as the case won't be resolved till March.

Anyone else have Bell (or DJ) and Zeke on their fantasy team?
I do only auction leagues. Thus I let the top 4 of Zeke, Antonio, Johnson, Bell go without blowing my budget.

Procedural is in his favor. The judge who handled this at the district court level was an Obama appointee.

Brady won in the district court. Zeke now has to win their. His defense is fundamental fairness. The NFL didn't listen to its own investigator.

The NFL didn't make the investigatior's notes available to the defense. The NFL didn't make the complaining witness available or under oath.

This time the NFL can't throw a shiny distraction like the phone with Brady when the NFL had all texts from the Patriots employees.

Thus the PR game won't be in their favor. Plus the venue is Texas and not New York. The NFL won on appeal in Brady because the 2nd circuit is very conservative and pro-business because of Wall Street down the road.

5th circuit isn't going to be as pro-business and could be more friendly to labor.

Great info, thank you. March is a certainty?

Brady was guilty.

So were the patsies coverup guys.

Zeke, while maybe not guilty for the full offense, has to sit because of zero tolerance.

W all know he does shite to women

Brady was guilty.

Zeke, while maybe not guilty for the full offense, has to sit because of zero tolerance.

The investigator didn't find the victim to be credible.

Brady was guilty.

Did he deserve something for pulling the woman's top down in the parade or the bar fight? Absolutely. Problem is the NFL flat out labeled him a woman beater in the report and there is zero proof he did that. They took the punishment too far and slandered his name for their agenda.

Pats D not impressive. If Alex Smith is slinging it all over the field on you then there are some issues.

I'm excited to see what Oakland can do vs. the Pats defense, but my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact that the Raiders are worse on defense. #firenorton

Great info, thank you. March is a certainty?
Yup the NFL is appealing the TRO to the 5th circuit appeals and has about .01% chance of getting it overturned.

The chances of proving their is an irreparable harm in delaying it aren't good. Zeke can always serve it next year so the NFL will lose that appeal.

It's all in the hands of the district court judge who appears to favor Zeke for now. He could always reverse at the next hearing but this case goes to the back of the line and won't be resolved during this season. The NFL can't justify a rocket docket which speeds things up as they can't prove time of the essence as it's a suspension not a matter utter importance.

Brady was guilty.

Not your best troll job.

The problem with the NFL is they aren't fair. They come up with whatever decision they want before the investigation takes place and go backwards from there.

They don't treat players as innocent until proven guilty. They determine they are guilty and look for hacket job investigations to prove it.

The fact they with straight faces yesterday said they found new information on Josh Brown and that is why he got 6 games yesterday is such a joke and lie:

Friel should be fired. She knew the Josh Brown stuff last October. Nothing new came out. The NFL knew the district court wasn't happy with the spin(lies to be honest) they told in the TRO hearing with the judge.

The NFL management council is a joke. The NFLPA is beyond stupid for giving Goodell the powers to be judge, jury and executioner when he doesn't understand the law.

I just reread this. Good grief, what a shitshow. If it's anywhere close to accurate, both the NFL and the US legal system are the virtual play toys of plutocrats - aka, the NFL owners, which is the biggest old boys club in the country, and who have never cared a fig about the players as long as they're making pantloads of money. That said, there seems to be two baseline problems: 1.) a lot of the NFL's players are quite reprehensible people; and 2.) Neither Goodell, the NFL nor the NFLPA has the slightest idea how to address the situation with any sense of consistency or fairness. What a mess.

I just reread this. Good grief, what a shitshow. If it's anywhere close to accurate, both the NFL and the US legal system are the virtual play toys of plutocrats - aka, the NFL owners, which is the biggest old boys club in the country, and who have never cared a fig about the players as long as they're making pantloads of money. That said, there seems to be two baseline problems: 1.) a lot of the NFL's players are quite reprehensible people; and 2.) Neither Goodell, the NFL nor the NFLPA has the slightest idea how to address the situation with any sense of consistency or fairness. What a mess.
With regards to #1, it's basically impossible to field a competitive fantasy football team without carrying at least one of those reprehensible people.

Not your best troll job.

The problem with the NFL is they aren't fair. They come up with whatever decision they want before the investigation takes place and go backwards from there.

They don't treat players as innocent until proven guilty. They determine they are guilty and look for hacket job investigations to prove it.

The fact they with straight faces yesterday said they found new information on Josh Brown and that is why he got 6 games yesterday is such a joke and lie:

Friel should be fired. She knew the Josh Brown stuff last October. Nothing new came out. The NFL knew the district court wasn't happy with the spin(lies to be honest) they told in the TRO hearing with the judge.

The NFL management council is a joke. The NFLPA is beyond stupid for giving Goodell the powers to be judge, jury and executioner when he doesn't understand the law.
I didn't realize Friel was a rabid Giants fan. What a crock.

With regards to #1, it's basically impossible to field a competitive fantasy football team without carrying at least one of those reprehensible people.

Mrs Moo refuses to draft players known for their moral turpitude.

I didn't realize Friel was a rabid Giants fan. What a crock.

I know it's just Wiki, but ...

In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations, Friel headed an investigation that, on August 17, 2016, resulted in New York Giants placekicker Josh Brown receiving a one-game suspension instead of the league-mandated six-game suspension. The suspension was reduced by more than 83 percent because of mitigating circumstances that the league and Friel have never revealed.[6] Friel has been described as a rabid Giants fan.

In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations she also oversaw the domestic violence investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. In a lawsuit filed by the NFLPA, Friel is accused of withholding “critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott” in allegations of domestic violence.[7] Friel reportedly barred lead investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension for Elliott, from attending a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell where Friel recommended a six-game suspension for Elliott to Goodell and other NFL executives.[8] Friel was also accused of withholding evidence when she was implicated for prosecutorial misconduct in the alleged rape case of former New York police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata.[

I know it's just Wiki, but ...

In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations, Friel headed an investigation that, on August 17, 2016, resulted in New York Giants placekicker Josh Brown receiving a one-game suspension instead of the league-mandated six-game suspension. The suspension was reduced by more than 83 percent because of mitigating circumstances that the league and Friel have never revealed.[6] Friel has been described as a rabid Giants fan.

In her role as the NFL's special counsel for investigations she also oversaw the domestic violence investigation of Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott. In a lawsuit filed by the NFLPA, Friel is accused of withholding “critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott” in allegations of domestic violence.[7] Friel reportedly barred lead investigator Kia Roberts, who recommended no suspension for Elliott, from attending a meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell where Friel recommended a six-game suspension for Elliott to Goodell and other NFL executives.[8] Friel was also accused of withholding evidence when she was implicated for prosecutorial misconduct in the alleged rape case of former New York police officers Kenneth Moreno and Franklin Mata.[

Ex-Prosecutor’s Job: Flag N. .L. Players

Yeah Friel is really impartial with her shrine to the Giants in her basement.

Eli Manning and Phil Simms jerseys.
Friel is a joke.
Just a slight conflict of interest.

Mrs Moo refuses to draft players known for their moral turpitude.
I used to do that, but like I said, it's hard to field a competitive team without at least one bad apple. During one round in this year's draft, I was deciding between two rapists for my QB.

Who did Mrs. Moo select as her D/ST?

I used to do that, but like I said, it's hard to field a competitive team without at least one bad apple. During one round in this year's draft, I was deciding between two rapists for my QB.

Who did Mrs. Moo select as her D/ST?

NE

Status
Not open for further replies.