NFL Thread | Page 166 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you feeling about coming to the Dome in NOLA next week? I really hope we pull it out tonight, because I like our chances against your D.
Gonna be a shootout.
How the NFL scheduled this game week 2 is a joke.

The Patriots will have 11 days of rest and the Saints on a short week on 6 days.

Stupid NFL unfair to the Saints.

Patriots moved the ball all day long on KC. They got stuffed on 2 4th and 1s and kicked another FG on a 4th and 1 early those points will be TDs over the season.

I feel the Patriots will score on Saints and vice versa.
Patriots secondary can match up with the Saints without Snead.

I see NE winning 42-35 type of game.

1 game for the season means nothing for a championship.

You guys are fine there but man Eli looked bad. The Cowboys jumped his first read and man he looked like Dungey when his first read was gone.

Also you guys alway had weapons. That excuse for Eli is weak. He and Ben have played for good organizations unlike Philip Rivers.
Name the HOF offensive guys that Eli has played with...ill help you...ZERO.

Now look at Ben and Rivers...minimum 2 each.

Eli has had weapons his whole career.
Amani Toomer, Plaxico Burress, Steve Smith, Victor Cruz, Mario Manningham.

Don't use the weapons excuse. Quarterbacks make their weapons more than weapons make the Quarterback.

Eli has had weapons. Look at what Brady/Brees/Peyton do they make no names into names.

Don't use the weapons excuse. Quarterbacks make their weapons more than weapons make the Quarterback.

Eli has had weapons. Look at what Brady/Brees/Peyton do they make no names into names.

Toomer, Smith, and Manningham are just guys. The other two show how quickly this stuff can end.

Toomer, Smith, and Manningham are just guys. The other two show how quickly this stuff can end.
Toomer had 668 receptions and 54 TDs. He isn't a HOFer but he was damn good.

Smith was an excellent slot WR who couldn't stay healthy.

Manningham was better than Smith again but health killed him:

Those guys weren't bums they were solid above average NFL WRs.

Eli wasn't throwing to nobodies.

Again good QBs make the weapons more than vice-versa.
Brady/Peyton/Brees make their weapons money.

Eli's arm looked shot last night. The Giants D is good enough to win 10-11 games though.

Toomer had 668 receptions and 54 TDs. He isn't a HOFer but he was damn good.

Smith was an excellent slot WR who couldn't stay healthy.

Manningham was better than Smith again but health killed him:

Those guys weren't bums they were solid above average NFL WRs.

Eli wasn't throwing to nobodies.

Again good QBs make the weapons more than vice-versa.
Brady/Peyton/Brees make their weapons money.

Eli's arm looked shot last night. The Giants D is good enough to win 10-11 games though.

I am well aware of who they are. Nice players but guys. Plax was a difference maker till he shot himself, same with Cruz. Can throw Shockey in that mix of above average to almost great talents. Obviously Odell.

Eli's on the downside. Definitely starting to get the dreaded case of the Manning noodle arm. Can't push it down the field like he used to.

Gives up too quickly as well. Had a couple guys nearly open but just threw it into the ground. He's so afraid of taking the sack.

Gonna be a shootout.
How the NFL scheduled this game week 2 is a joke.

The Patriots will have 11 days of rest and the Saints on a short week on 6 days.

Stupid NFL unfair to the Saints.

Patriots moved the ball all day long on KC. They got stuffed on 2 4th and 1s and kicked another FG on a 4th and 1 early those points will be TDs over the season.

I feel the Patriots will score on Saints and vice versa.
Patriots secondary can match up with the Saints without Snead.

I see NE winning 42-35 type of game.

That kind of scheduling stuff goes on all of the time. Eagles play second consecutive road game out in KC while Chiefs coming off ten days off.

When Eli has a decent OL and running game plus solid defense he has shown that he knows how to close the deal with clutch performances. Later in his career with a suspect OL and mediocre running game he can be shown to look like an average QB. That has been the case for the last couple of years.

Wow, if I'm reading the lawyer speak correctly, Schefter is reporting that Zeke is suspended again.

“On this date, the Court considered Respondents’ Emergency Motion to stay injunction pending appeal. After considering the arguments, the Court finds the Motion should be GRANTED. The Preliminary Injunction entered on Sept. 8, 2017 is hereby STAYED, pending Respondents’ appeal.”

Wow, if I'm reading the lawyer speak correctly, Schefter is reporting that Zeke is suspended again.

“On this date, the Court considered Respondents’ Emergency Motion to stay injunction pending appeal. After considering the arguments, the Court finds the Motion should be GRANTED. The Preliminary Injunction entered on Sept. 8, 2017 is hereby STAYED, pending Respondents’ appeal.”
The NFL is appealing the District Court's TRO/ preliminary stay on Zeke's suspension.

The appeal goes to the 5th circuit of appeals. There a 3 panel judge will look and could overturn the TRO granted to Zeke.

The odds of this happening are very slim. The NFL won't have the evidence on their side. The irreparable harm is on Zeke's side and that is the biggest hurdle in the case. Zeke can serve the suspension down the road if the TRO isn't overturned. If it was overturned then Zeke could never get those games.

The NFL is fighting back but they won't win this. The case will be resolved after the season and if Zeke wins in district court the entire case will go the 5th circuit of appeals.

Zeke is lucky the 5th circuit is the most conservative circuit in the nation and they don't tend to overturn the district the least.

BTW listening to Tony Romo for 15 minutes I learned more and was more entertained than I had from Phil Simms in 15 years.

CBS made a giant upgrade to its top team.

The NFL is appealing the District Court's TRO/ preliminary stay on Zeke's suspension.

The appeal goes to the 5th circuit of appeals. There a 3 panel judge will look and could overturn the TRO granted to Zeke.

The odds of this happening are very slim. The NFL won't have the evidence on their side. The irreparable harm is on Zeke's side and that is the biggest hurdle in the case. Zeke can serve the suspension down the road if the TRO isn't overturned. If it was overturned then Zeke could never get those games.

The NFL is fighting back but they won't win this. The case will be resolved after the season and if Zeke wins in district court the entire case will go the 5th circuit of appeals.

Zeke is lucky the 5th circuit is the most conservative circuit in the nation and they don't tend to overturn the district the least.

Do you think this will get to the point where we get Goodell under oath?

Thank you for putting Eli in the same class as Brady/Brees/Peyton...I agree.

Ben and Rivers got to do it with multiple HOFers.

Look at list of nobodies for Eli!! Egads!!

Do you think this will get to the point where we get Goodell under oath?
No chance he gets deposed.
Zeke would have to sue the NFL for that to happen.
Patriots fans wanted Brady to sue the NFL and he wouldn't.

Anyone who actually follows these matters knows the NFL is shady. Goodell doesn't understand the law but the PA made a bad deal that allows him to be judge, juror, and executioner.

This appeal by the NFL is frivolous as they know the irreparable harm is on Zeke's side and that is the by far the largest element in deciding to grant it.

The NFL didn't even appeal the TRO Brady got 2 years ago because they knew.

Thank you for putting Eli in the same class as Brady/Brees/Peyton...I agree.

Ben and Rivers got to do it with multiple HOFers.

Look at list of nobodies for Eli!! Egads!!
I just showed Eli doesn't belong anywhere close to an alltimer like you want to claim.

Eli's HOFers have been on D. Unlike Rivers. If the Giants had Rivers they win the same amount of SBs and have more playoff appearances.

Eli's arm is dying. He showed last night he is a game manager now. The Giants D deserved a lot better.

Rivers has been without Kennan Allen and played with a bunch of nobodies with corpse of Antonio Gates and hasn't looked that bad.

I just showed Eli doesn't belong anywhere close to an alltimer like you want to claim.

Eli's HOFers have been on D. Unlike Rivers. If the Giants had Rivers they win the same amount of SBs and have more playoff appearances.

Eli's arm is dying. He showed last night he is a game manager now. The Giants D deserved a lot better.

Rivers has been without Kennan Allen and played with a bunch of nobodies with corpse of Antonio Gates and hasn't looked that bad.
Eli is not an 'All Timer' but he is a HOFer, I can make the distinction.

I don't think his arm is dying, but damn tbat OL has GOT to get its arse in gear and Marshall and him need to get on the same page, clearly they are not. Marshall even says so in interviews.

Rivers and Ben never would've made it in NYC, the press would've ate up and spit out the former and the latter would be in jail.

Eli is not an 'All Timer' but he is a HOFer, I can make the distinction.

I don't think his arm is dying, but damn tbat OL has GOT to get its arse in gear and Marshall and him need to get on the same page, clearly they are not. Marshall even says so in interviews.

Rivers and Ben never would've made it in NYC, the press would've ate up and spit out the former and the latter would be in jail.
He is going to be the worst QB of this generation to make the HOF if he does.
0 all Pro teams.
0 MVP caliber seasons or even 1 MVP regular season vote.
Very few playoff seasons.

He has the 2 rings that is his resume.
The stats of this generation are way inflated. He has a ton of INTs.

The guy has been in the teens of QBs for the majority of his career.

HOF should be for the elite of the elite top at their positions. Eli has been close to the top of his position.

Look at Kurt Warner he didn't have longevity but when he played he dominated.
Was an NFL MVP.
Won a SB and lost 2 others.
Brought his team to the playoffs a lot.
He was dominant at his position.
His career is better than stat patting Eli Manning.

The HOF should mean something.

Best QBs of the 2000s
Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger.

McNabb has good stats but he isn't getting in the HOF.

Rivers, Romo don't have rings.

Eli has rings and pat starting but was never dominant.

HOF should be the best of the best.

Not rewarding stat patting.

Look at Kurt Warner he didn't have longevity but when he played he dominated.
Was an NFL MVP.
Won a SB and lost 2 others.
Brought his team to the playoffs a lot.
He was dominant at his position.
His career is better than stat patting Eli Manning.

The HOF should mean something.

Best QBs of the 2000s
Brady, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Rothlisberger.

McNabb has good stats but he isn't getting in the HOF.

Rivers, Romo don't have rings.

Eli has rings and pat starting but was never dominant.

HOF should be the best of the best.

Not rewarding stat patting.
Should be, would be, could be.

You can want the HOF to be whatever you want. It is what it is. Eli is a HOF'er.

Status
Not open for further replies.