NFL Thread | Page 177 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Von Miller destroyed him in 2016 AFC title game.

He got speared in the Super Bowl last year against Atlanta.

He gets hit.

Those sacks yesterday were not 2-3 step drops. Eli dropped deep and got sacked.
I'd have to see it as I was there, but Eli hasn't taken a 5-7 step drop in 4 years.

They must've been trying something.

Teams are rushing 3 or 4 getting to Eli, he's constantly seeing 7 or 8 men in coverage.

When he audibles to a run, it goes for 1 yard.

I'd have to see it as I was there, but Eli hasn't taken a 5-7 step drop in 4 years.

They must've been trying something.

Teams are rushing 3 or 4 getting to Eli, he's constantly seeing 7 or 8 men in coverage.

When he audibles to a run, it goes for 1 yard.
308AD6AC00000578-0-image-a-1_1453673043301.jpg

images

images

Brady got hit 23 times in the 2016 AFC title game and the game was tight.

Pressured in only 2 Super Bowls?

SB 49 Michael Bennett was pressuring him all game long and he was money in the 4th quarter against Seattle.
SB 51 Grady Jarrett sacked him 3 times, Vic Beasley and Dwight Freney got him sacked once and he was hit all game long and came back from 28-3.

The Giants did a good job pressuring him but he did fine in the second SB. The first SB Justin Tuck should have been SB MVP.

4 Super Bowl MVPs and 5 Super Bowl titles are a league of their own.

Brady like any pocket QB doesn't like pressure but he does better than pretty all non scrambling QBs handling it.
Brady is in the discussion for the GOAT. No question. When he is pressured. He is average. Just like everyone else. He might cry about it more than others.

Teams don't have to blitz to get immense pressure on Eli. When the Giants could do that to Drady in the two super Bowls, he didn't do well or handle it well.

308AD6AC00000578-0-image-a-1_1453673043301.jpg

images

images

Brady got hit 23 times in the 2016 AFC title game and the game was tight.
Good for him.

It still pales behind the superhuman performance Eli did in the 2011 NFC Champ game @SF, but I like to see tommyboy take some hits.

Eli has been getting thay every Sunday...or Monday...or Thursday, going on his 5 year now.

Good for him.

It still pales behind the superhuman performance Eli did in the 2011 NFC Champ game @SF, but I like to see tommyboy take some hits.

Eli has been getting thay every Sunday...or Monday...or Thursday, going on his 5 year now.
No qb has ever taken a worse beating than Eli did against the 49ers in 2011. And he kept getting up.

Drew Brees and Sean Payton to the the Giants next year? If the Saints tank they are gone IMO.

Drew Brees and Sean Payton to the the Giants next year? If the Saints tank they are gone IMO.
I have heard that if the Broncos QB situation is iffy after the year that is the spot for Drew Brees.

Sean Payton should try and get out the ownership mess is killing the organization.

BTW don't be shocked if Malcolm Butler for Cam Jordan and 3rd round pick happens during the season.

I have heard that if the Broncos QB situation is iffy after the year that is the spot for Drew Brees.
Who was saying that? I've heard the job is Siemian's as long as he's healthy, because of what he looks like now. Brees will be 39 and heading down hill. I don't think Elway will do that again in this particular instance.

Who was saying that? I've heard the job is Siemian's as long as he's healthy, because of what he looks like now. Brees will be 39 and heading down hill. I don't think Elway will do that again in this particular instance.
Heard it on PFT radio.
They had Mark Schleith on.
That Brees can't be franchised. If Simeon isn't the answer then Elway could go for another bridge HOFer.

Brees only has 1-2 years left IMO. Give him a D and he can produce.

Just looked at the Giants upcoming schedule
@ Philly
@ TB
San Diego
@ Denver
Seattle

Holy crap the Giants could be 1-6 going to the bye easily.
At best I see them 3-4.

It would be classic Jets that in a year gang green is trying to tank that the Giants end up worse.

The. Colts are home underdogs to the Browns.

Teams that need a QB in the draft could be using draft capital to trade up with the Colts.

The. Colts are home underdogs to the Browns.

Teams that need a QB in the draft could be using draft capital to trade up with the Colts.

Yeah, if Luck ends up missing most or all of the season, they'll easily be in the top 5; maybe top 3. Would imagine they might end up being a trade partner for the Bills.

It would be classic Jets that in a year gang green is trying to tank that the Giants end up worse.

Ya know, I've been a Jets fan since they signed Joe Willie, so I'm probably a little biased here. But I watched the Jets/Raiders game last Sunday (although admittedly I don't get to see a lot of games) and I saw no evidence of tanking. They played hard, they're just not very good. And although they have QB issues, McCown's play was not what beat them. I am concerned that Petty didn't get onto the field at the end of a 45-20, though. Is Bowles that unaware, or is Petty just that unprepared after 3+ years?

Ya know, I've been a Jets fan since they signed Joe Willie, so I'm probably a little biased here. But I watched the Jets/Raiders game last Sunday (although admittedly I don't get to see a lot of games) and I saw no evidence of tanking. They played hard, they're just not very good. And although they have QB issues, McCown's play was not what beat them. I am concerned that Petty didn't get onto the field at the end of a 45-20, though. Is Bowles that unaware, or is Petty just that unprepared after 3+ years?

Well of course the players themselves aren't actively trying to lose. You never really see that in sports. The Jets are tanking because they purposefully got rid of basically every remotely decent player they had and made zero attempt to replace them. It's one of the worst teams on paper that I've ever seen.

Eli has more TDs than luck.

Why???

Because luck can't answer the fluckin bell!!! That's why.

Screw him and every QB who's missed a game in the last 14 years.

Whimpy little girls...

Status
Not open for further replies.