NFL Thread | Page 178 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u imagine if this sport went back to 2 games on TV a week??...

Both at 1, unless your 'local' team was out west.

On a Sunday afternoon no less??

Why people complain about being able to see extra games is beyond me.

Enjoy tonight, or don't...for chances are you wouldn't have been able to see it any way.

Enjoy tonight, or don't...for chances are you wouldn't have been able to see it any way.

I had it good. Sometimes the NBC station in Utica had a different game than Syracuse. Rabbit ears and tinfoil, baby!!

I largely agree with you but MNF was a tremendous boon for football and an unqualified success. TNF is an epic disaster.

I largely agree with you but MNF was a tremendous boon for football and an unqualified success. TNF is an epic disaster.
EPIC DISASTER???!!!!

It does quite well in the ratings.

And again...for the gazillionth time...for the 95% of the country...it's an out of market game that wouldn't be a available to watch as it would be buried against a multitude of games.

U can cry about injuries, but that can be addressed.

This is a great night for football and oddly this one, is a good game.

EPIC DISASTER???!!!!

It does quite well in the ratings.

And again...for the gazillionth time...for the 95% of the country...it's an out of market game that wouldn't be a available to watch as it would be buried against a multitude of games.

U can cry about injuries, but that can be addressed.

This is a great night for football and oddly this one, is a good game.

The product sucks. As you said "oddly". Rarely are TNF games marquee matchups. They always involves at least one bad team, maybe two. Ratings have been headed south for a while now.

Back in the 70s and 80s MNF was an event. Your team had to be good to appear on MNF and people eagerly awaited those games. Now due to over-saturation its just not the same anymore. Just stick to Sunday, Sunday night and Monday. Fluck TNF and fluck London, Mexico etc. Saturday only in back half of December.

The product sucks. As you said "oddly". Rarely are TNF games marquee matchups. They always involves at least one bad team, maybe two. Ratings have been headed south for a while now.

Back in the 70s and 80s MNF was an event. Your team had to be good to appear on MNF and people eagerly awaited those games. Now due to over-saturation its just not the same anymore. Just stick to Sunday, Sunday night and Monday. Fluck TNF and fluck London, Mexico etc. Saturday only in back half of December.

I'm with UEO on this...the fact that I could get home last night and watch and NFL game was a pleasant surprise. I forgot it was on. I was scanning the guide to see what the college games were on ESPN and ESPNU and saw that there was a game on the NFL network.

Is there oversaturation? Absolutely.

Definitely makes almost nothing must-watch TV anymore but I love all the optionality it gives me when it comes to watching...

I'm with UEO on this...the fact that I could get home last night and watch and NFL game was a pleasant surprise. I forgot it was on. I was scanning the guide to see what the college games were on ESPN and ESPNU and saw that there was a game on the NFL network.

Is there oversaturation? Absolutely.

Definitely makes almost nothing must-watch TV anymore but I love all the optionality it gives me when it comes to watching...

I hear ya. Sure it's nice to have something to watch but if they abolished TNF next year I don't think anybody would really care. Football is just not meant to be played on three days rest. Lack of recovery and preparation time makes for a mediocre product.

The 'product', is pro football.

A game which..as I said, you most likely wouldn't have been able to watch.

Now you can.

This is America, you have a choice.

If u don't want to watch a game you ordinarily wouldn't be able to watch...them don't.

This is not 70s or 80s era MNF...which really hasn't been a 'big thing' since Phil Simms told Ronnie Lott to meet him in the parking lot after the game and to bring a few friends, for he'll need them.

I hope you enjoyed American Idol or Dancing With the Stars, I watched the NFL.

It was a good game too.

I hear ya. Sure it's nice to have something to watch but if they abolished TNF next year I don't think anybody would really care. Football is just not meant to be played on three days rest. Lack of recovery and preparation time makes for a mediocre product.

No doubt. No question NFL not as compelling as it used to be for me..

In fact, unless Giants are playing, Sundays are usually Red Zone where I have one eye on the TV and one eye on whatever else I'm doing. Very few non-Giants games will get me to switch over and watch only one game...

TNF is usually terrible. For good reasons. But last night was maybe the best Thursday night game ever, which is amazing given the two teams playing.

TNF is usually terrible. For good reasons. But last night was maybe the best Thursday night game ever, which is amazing given the two teams playing.

I think the Rams are quietly one of the most fun teams to watch right now in the NFL. McVay is a really talented offensive coach, and watching Goff, Sammy, Kupp, Gerald Everett, and Gurley try to turn that team into an offensive powerhouse is really fascinating. Outside of my Bucs and Bills, the Rams and Browns are the two teams I've watched the most of this year.

I think the Rams are quietly one of the most fun teams to watch right now in the NFL. McVay is a really talented offensive coach, and watching Goff, Sammy, Kupp, Gerald Everett, and Gurley try to turn that team into an offensive powerhouse is really fascinating. Outside of my Bucs and Bills, the Rams and Browns are the two teams I've watched the most of this year.
good lord, son!!

My heart goes out to you.

good lord, son!!

My heart goes out to you.

I'd say 2/4 are legitimately fun to watch haha, with the other two being the Bills and the Browns. I really like the direction the Browns are going in though and I think McDermott is doing an awesome job with the Bills defense.

I'd say 2/4 are legitimately fun to watch haha, with the other two being the Bills and the Browns. I really like the direction the Browns are going in though and I think McDermott is doing an awesome job with the Bills defense.
Truth be told, I've seen more than my share of Ram football this year too. Was at a bar for a bit on Sunday and was watching them hoping they'd beat the redskins.

They have something there, I'll give u that they are a fun watch.

Last night was very enjoyable, I could've cared less who won and I just sat there with my feet up, drinking a few Dogfish 60 minutes and relaxed to a great game.

I'd like to have scouted the bucs, but won't get a chance to see them till they're breathing down Eli's neck next week.

Ya know, I've been a Jets fan since they signed Joe Willie, so I'm probably a little biased here. But I watched the Jets/Raiders game last Sunday (although admittedly I don't get to see a lot of games) and I saw no evidence of tanking. They played hard, they're just not very good. And although they have QB issues, McCown's play was not what beat them. I am concerned that Petty didn't get onto the field at the end of a 45-20, though. Is Bowles that unaware, or is Petty just that unprepared after 3+ years?

The players don't intentionally tank, it's mgt. that puts them in a position to lose

The 'product', is pro football.

A game which..as I said, you most likely wouldn't have been able to watch.

Now you can.

This is America, you have a choice.

If u don't want to watch a game you ordinarily wouldn't be able to watch...them don't.

This is not 70s or 80s era MNF...which really hasn't been a 'big thing' since Phil Simms told Ronnie Lott to meet him in the parking lot after the game and to bring a few friends, for he'll need them.

I hope you enjoyed American Idol or Dancing With the Stars, I watched the NFL.

It was a good game too.

Ronnie Lott v Phil Simms? in the words of Dicky V, that's an m&m er.

Good Lord the Gmen are a mess, Macadoo might be go down as the worst coach in Giants history.

Good Lord the Gmen are a mess, Macadoo might be go down as the worst coach in Giants history.
Watching this good New England-Houston game but man the Giants offense looks awful,

I don’t care to get involved in the firing of players debate that our President is adding to the daily discussion, but the player for the Bears that just stopped short of the end zone on the blocked kick return really should be fired.

He may get bailed out by the batting of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.