NFL Thread | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFC looks a lot better than people thought.
KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Denver, New England.

NFC seems down.
Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Seattle, Green Bay

Brutal loss for San Diego.
2 weeks in a row there kicker blew the game.

Rivers deserves better.

Acknowledge your new king of the AFC East

Acknowledge your new king of the AFC East
4Lpj-1dA-1.gif

You guys are in first place.

4Lpj-1dA-1.gif

You guys are in first place.
I swear i saw jesus reach down from the heavens and push that kick wide. Jay Cutler will lead us to the promised land.

Has anyone thrown a chair across the room because of the Eli debate yet?
Eli is a slightly above average QB 14-18 range.
Who has had 2 elite post season runs but he has never carried a mediocre roster well in the regular season.

Houston didn't have JJ Watt and NE had Edelman.
Plus Amendola, Gronk and Hightower are all questionable.
NE will win at home but -13 is crazy.

Think Gronk is going to "tap out" already?

Think Gronk is going to "tap out" already?
The Patriots actually play in the postseason. The regular season is about staying as healthy as they can and get a bye.
Minnesota hasn't a won a playoff game since 2009.

If Gronk wants to tap out like Aaron Rodgers did in Atlanta last night he will still be a first ballot HOFer.

The Patriots actually play in the postseason. The regular season is about staying as healthy as they can and get a bye.
Minnesota hasn't a won a playoff game since 2009.

If Gronk wants to tap out like Aaron Rodgers did in Atlanta last night he will still be a first ballot HOFer.

This is Bradford's second year at Minn. Maybe in order to get back to the winning ways, they let him rest up during the second game of the season.

And the Pat's win in spite of fragile Gronk.

I swear i saw jesus reach down from the heavens and push that kick wide. Jay Cutler will lead us to the promised land.

Chargers lose more close games than any team, maybe ever. Feel for Rivers.

Paul Brown: 55-56-1, 4 winning seasons in 8 years, 2 division titles, 3 playoff appearances, never won a playoff game
Sam Wyche: 61-66, 3 winning seasons in 8 years, 2 division titles, 2 playoff appearances, 3-2 in the playoffs
Marvin: 118-105-3, 7 winning seasons in 14 years, 4 division titles, 7 playoff appearances, never won a playoff game.

I'll give you that Wyche at least got them to lose in the Super Bowl, but otherwise, Marvin's resume is clearly better than Paul Brown's (as the Bengals coach) and compares pretty well to Wyche. Obviously Brown in Cleveland was a different story, but he didn't have much success in Cinci.

Wysche had his team within 2 minutes of winning a SB, Paul Brown is an all time great coach.

Eli is a slightly above average QB 14-18 range.
Who has had 2 elite post season runs but he has never carried a mediocre roster well in the regular season.

It's interesting. Right now the line at great career stats but not making the Hall is Vinny Testaverde. I think most would agree Eli is a better overall QB than Vinny. I agree with you that in his regular season performances Eli is pretty 'meh'. But when you take into account his iron man streak, being top 10 in yards, completions, and TD passes (at the time of his upcoming retirement), his name, his city, and 2 Super Bowl MVPs, it's gonna be hard for lost voters to say "okay, here's where the line is now and Eli falls just short of it."

It's gonna be close, but I think he'll make it by the skin of his teeth. It should be a hard decision for voters though because you are right that his career has been long, only pretty good, with two unforgettable playoff runs.

It's interesting. Right now the line at great career stats but not making the Hall is Vinny Testaverde. I think most would agree Eli is a better overall QB than Vinny. I agree with you that in his regular season performances Eli is pretty 'meh'. But when you take into account his iron man streak, being top 10 in yards, completions, and TD passes (at the time of his upcoming retirement), his name, his city, and 2 Super Bowl MVPs, it's gonna be hard for lost voters to say "okay, here's where the line is now and Eli falls just short of it."

It's gonna be close, but I think he'll make it by the skin of his teeth. It should be a hard decision for voters though because you are right that his career has been long, only pretty good, with two unforgettable playoff runs.
The guy doesn't have seasons where he was top 5 at his position.
He has played in a pass heavy era.

His stats aren't impressive when you factor in the era. He has stayed healthy that is a plus but that is part of the reason his stats are good.

Eli has two great postseasons but the guy is not an all time great. Just like Phil Simms isn't a HOFer neither should Eli.

The guy has regressed since 2012. He isn't a top half QB anymore.

I called him Johnny Damon like.
Good regular stats, 2 rings, post season moments but not elite regular seasons.

How the heck do the Giants have this horrible OL for this Eli Manning.

Manning is really regressing. Horrible throw on that INT and man he is not even trying to stretch the D.

Manning is really regressing. Horrible throw on that INT and man he is not even trying to stretch the D.

Can't stretch the D when the protection rarely holds up. The INT was a flat out horrid throw though.

It really is nuts that they didn't do anything to improve the OL in the offseason.

I just watched him go down on that pass rush and thought wow, he barely got touched. Well I replayed it in slow motion and he was not touched at all, embarrassing.

I just watched him go down on that pass rush and thought wow, he barely got touched. Well I replayed it in slow motion and he was not touched at all, embarrassing.

Zero mobility left. 95% of QBs would've gotten out of the pocket there and at least had a chance to make a play.

AFC looks a lot better than people thought.
KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh, Denver, New England.

NFC seems down.
Atlanta, Carolina, Dallas, Seattle, Green Bay

Seattle? They've looked hideous so far. Carolina hasn't shown much either. Philly has looked much better than either of those two.

Elite QBs would get rid of the ball fast if there OL was bad.

Ask Bills fans how quick Brady gets rid of the ball against them and their insanely good pass rush.

Flowers might be the worst left tackle I've ever seen. That said Eli is seeing people
out there even when he's not rushed.

Elite QBs would get rid of the ball fast if there OL was bad.

Ask Bills fans how quick Brady gets rid of the ball against them and their insanely good pass rush.
That leads me to my next question, Bills fans, give me some strengths and weaknesses? I haven't got to know the 2017 Bills yet. So good up front on D, not good for us. Our starting LT is out and we already are barely average if that on the OL. Broncos have a history of not playing well in these early east coast games. Add a rough environment, and I will expect the unexpected.

Side note; listened to a live interview with Derek Wolfe tonight. He was asked what he knew about Buffalo, he said next to nothing. Then followed with "Well, they have crazy fans and they like to drink a lot."

That leads me to my next question, Bills fans, give me some strengths and weaknesses? I haven't got to know the 2017 Bills yet. So good up front on D, not good for us. Our starting LT is out and we already are barely average if that on the OL. Broncos have a history of not playing well in these early east coast games. Add a rough environment, and I will expect the unexpected.

Side note; listened to a live interview with Derek Wolfe tonight. He was asked what he knew about Buffalo, he said next to nothing. Then followed with "Well, they have crazy fans and they like to drink a lot."
Buffalo has a great front 4.
Talent at LB
Weak at CB.

Below Average QB
Great running back
Good run blocking OL
Up and down pass blocking OL

Young inexperienced WRs
Decent TE.

Denver should win unless the front 4 rattles Simeon.

Denver D will lock down the Buffalo passing game. If the run D is like against the cowboys they will win easily.

I think Denver 21 Buffalo 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.