NFL Thread | Page 180 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants are behind the Jets that is unfathomable before the season after 3 weeks.

Giants could be in the Darnold sweepstakes.

Giants are behind the Jets that is unfathomable before the season after 3 weeks.

Giants could be in the Darnold sweepstakes.
Today gave me some hope. Some. Not a lot, but they did manage to score more than one TD, so we've got that going for us.

I still would like to see McAdoo replaced (not a big fan, as I've posted in several threads). But that won't happen, at least during the season. Not the Giants' way.

Today gave me some hope. Some. Not a lot, but they did manage to score more than one TD, so we've got that going for us.

I still would like to see McAdoo replaced (not a big fan, as I've posted in several threads). But that won't happen, at least during the season. Not the Giants' way.

The problem is you have to go 10-3 against a really tough schedule just to get to 10 wins, I don't think the Giants are good enough, your going to have to hope its one of those years that 8-8 wins the division.

The problem is you have to go 10-3 against a really tough schedule just to get to 10 wins, I don't think the Giants are good enough, your going to have to hope its one of those years that 8-8 wins the division.
Said the fan of the team that hasn't sniffed the SB 20+ years. I have no delusions of going 10-3 with the team as currently constituted (and the current coaching staff).

We'll be fine. Most likely not this year, but soon. I have no doubt Reese is gone after this season (barring an incredible turnaround). That alone portends good things.

One of these years, the Pokes are going to have to get over the hump. Probably won't happen with Puppet Milquetoast at the helm.

Sorry - this post is all over the place. 0-3 will do that to you. ;)

Said the fan of the team that hasn't sniffed the SB 20+ years. I have no delusions of going 10-3 with the team as currently constituted (and the current coaching staff).

We'll be fine. Most likely not this year, but soon. I have no doubt Reese is gone after this season (barring an incredible turnaround). That alone portends good things.

One of these years, the Pokes are going to have to get over the hump. Probably won't happen with Puppet Milquetoast at the helm.

Sorry - this post is all over the place. 0-3 will do that to you. ;)

There's still a path, but yeesh on this season so far.

Hopefully it's like Babers, somewhere between games 3 and 4 in season two. :mad:

Am I the only one here who's happy the Jets won yesterday?

Am I the only one here who's happy the Jets won yesterday?
The Jets O/U was 3.5 so they were going to win a couple of games.

Good defensive performance and they did hit that one bomb.

Honestly if I were a Jets fan I don't want to win more than 3 games or else the team will have to trade up to get a QB.

Jags-Jets is an interesting game this week as Saint Doug could get to 3-1 or the Jets will be 2-2.

The Jets O/U was 3.5 so they were going to win a couple of games.

Good defensive performance and they did hit that one bomb.

Honestly if I were a Jets fan I don't want to win more than 3 games or else the team will have to trade up to get a QB.

Jags-Jets is an interesting game this week as Saint Doug could get to 3-1 or the Jets will be 2-2.

A 2017 Jets team at 2-2 would be startling, given how so many of the talking heads were speculating about an 0-16 season for them. More than anything else, however, it will depend on which Blake Bortles shows up.

Tony Romo makes you want to watch games.

CBS going from Simms to Romo huge upgrade.
Classic.

Apparently everyone has forgotten how loved Simms was for the 1st 20 years of his announcing career.

How much a 'breath of fresh air' he was, how 'he knows the offense of each team so well he could step in and run it'.

Let's get off the romo blow line and see if he lasts 20 years as a #1.

Classic.

Apparently everyone has forgotten how loved Simms was for the 1st 20 years of his announcing career.

How much a 'breath of fresh air' he was, how 'he knows the offense of each team so well he could step in and run it'.

Let's get off the romo blow line and see if he lasts 20 years as a #1.

Simms has sucked for a long time.

He never said anything interesting and was always afraid to say anything close to analysis. All Simms would ever do is say we talked about XYZ.

This upgrade was great. Romo called out Andy Dalton last week.

Romo makes you want to watch.

Simms was so bad he made mute games.

Romo makes you want to watch.

Simms was so bad he made mute games.
Well, now u don't have to.

People were hating Madden and Simms saved football annoucing.

Now Romo has apparently taken it to the next level, soon, people will hate him.

'Tis the biz...

Again, let's see how long he lasts...

Well, now u don't have to.

People were hating Madden and Simms saved football annoucing.

Now Romo has apparently taken it to the next level, soon, people will hate him.

'Tis the biz...

Again, let's see how long he lasts...

Simms is nowhere near Madden.

Madden had passion and was crazy revolutionary in the booth.

Simms was a nice guy who was afraid to ever say anything critical because he wanted to be liked by the players and coaches. Simms is better in the studio where it's all highlights and positive stuff.

His in game calls were brutal. Romo is a breath of fresh air because he tells fans stuff they don't know.

Simms is nowhere near Madden.

Madden had passion and was crazy revolutionary in the booth.

Simms was a nice guy who was afraid to ever say anything critical because he wanted to be liked by the players and coaches. Simms is better in the studio where it's all highlights and positive stuff.

His in game calls were brutal. Romo is a breath of fresh air because he tells fans stuff they don't know.
U stole that from articles about Simms in 1995 and just replaced the name.

Just like Madden revolutionized analysis 25 years earlier.

U stole that from articles about Simms in 1995 and just replaced the name.

Just like Madden revolutionized analysis 25 years earlier.
In 1995 maybe in New York Simms was liked.

He never did what Romo has done. Simms replaced Bob Trumpy not exactly a big name on the top NBC team.

He was good compared to that maybe. Since he has been at CBS in 1998 he has been awful. Fans of the top AFC teams can't stand his analysis where he never said anything interesting or challenged anything. Nantz would have to be the color guy on challenges as Simms would never say if the call was right or wrong or worthy of a challenge.

He just was awful. Romo is a breath of fresh air.

upload_2017-9-28_6-25-46.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.