NFL Thread | Page 181 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first article seemed personal. Good grief.
Manish Metta is a troll.

What does Jimmy Garoppolo's injury mean for the Jets?

He always writes articles as a Jets fanboy. I almost feel sorry for him. His jealously of the Patriots is more funny than frustration.

Metta is Woody's media guy he feeds him stories. Metta is who cost Marrone the Jets job thus why he trolls him.

So jumping into the stands is outlawed everywhere but Lambeau?? What a crock of shiz!!!! So unfair!

I was wondering why nobody was doing the Buffalo bounce this season. Bills had a nice little tradition going with that too.

Seriously pisses me off!

That hit by Travathan on Adams is what's going to eventually kill football, if they don't move to stop it. They have to start tossing players for hits like that, and suspend them without pay for the next game, also.
That hit was sickening. I couldn't watch after that. Amazed he didn't get thrown out, but wouldn't be surprised if a suspension and/or fine is coming.

That hit by Travathan on Adams is what's going to eventually kill football, if they don't move to stop it. They have to start tossing players for hits like that, and suspend them without pay for the next game, also.

Sickening. He should have been tossed.

It's disappointing to see plays like that because you really do see an effort by 90% of the players to take care of each other every Sunday.

I notice many instances where players have the opportunity to lay someone out and they don't... they tackle or block with controlled leverage instead.

Then you get dopes like Trevathan last night or the launching hit that Jarvis Landry put on Aaron Williams last year that effectively ended his career.

These players need to be ejected and suspended for the following week as well.

That hit was sickening. I couldn't watch after that. Amazed he didn't get thrown out, but wouldn't be surprised if a suspension and/or fine is coming.

I don't have a problem with the fact that he hit him. The receiver was being tackled but was still moving to break away. But the hit itself was clearly 'targeting' and helmet first. I've said all along that they need to look at the techniques with which the game is played. That's not the proper way to tackle anybody. You lead with your shoulder pads and wrap with your arms. Trevathan could easily have injured himself. It's just a stupid way to play football.

Last edited:
Sickening. He should have been tossed.

It's disappointing to see plays like that because you really do see an effort by 90% of the players to take care of each other every Sunday.

I notice many instances where players have the opportunity to lay someone out and they don't... they tackle or block with controlled leverage instead.

Then you get dopes like Trevathan last night or the launching hit that Jarvis Landry put on Aaron Williams last year that effectively ended his career.

These players need to be ejected and suspended for the following week as well.
That block by landry was legal.

Tony Romo makes you want to watch games.

CBS going from Simms to Romo huge upgrade.

Last night was my first experience listening to Romo. he says some interesting things but he talks way, way too much and a mile a minute. He practically crowds the play-by-play man out of the booth. he seems to be trying to prove how smart he is. If you are the color guy, you are the salad dressing, not the salad. Don't empty the whole bottle.

Simms is nowhere near Madden.

Madden had passion and was crazy revolutionary in the booth.

Simms was a nice guy who was afraid to ever say anything critical because he wanted to be liked by the players and coaches. Simms is better in the studio where it's all highlights and positive stuff.

His in game calls were brutal. Romo is a breath of fresh air because he tells fans stuff they don't know.

I was never a Madden fan. He was loud and boisterous and I didn't think his commentary was all that enlightening. Paul McGuire is probably my all-time favorite. Knowledgeable, entertaining and he picked his spots. Being a color man should be easy listening, not hard rock.

That block by landry was legal.

umm no...

you cannot launch yourself into a players head... one of the dirtiest plays I've ever seen and Landry is scum.

cheap21.0.gif

also he was fined for "illegal" hit by NFL Jarvis Landry fined $24,309 for illegal hit on Aaron Williams

Last edited:
Is the Saints defense not this bad or the Dolphins offense bad?

I thought the Patriots could have scored 50 on the Saints.

The refs didn't really allow for either team to get in an offensive rhythm. The Saints dominated time of possession and won the game.

I'm getting tired of these London games where only oen team shows up. I'm all for expanding the game but the coaches and players have to be into it, too.

Anyone else notice Romo seems a lot smarter in the booth than he did on the field?

He was fine on the field. People not stop acting like he was the first pick of the draft instead of an undrafted free agent. Pretty amazing career for a guy not good enough to even picked.

Dallas needs to get rid of Maranelli. His zone defense sucks and is well past its prime.

To keep this nonsense in the right place, the NY media is focusing in on Marrone v Jets.

This douche doubles down and provides his own bulletin board material.

Jaguars QB Blake Bortles stinks, but can Jets beat him on Sunday?

Rich Cimini weighs in

Doug Marrone returns to face Jets with chance for revenge

As does the Post

http://nypost.com/2017/09/28/doug-marrone-could-be-the-coach-the-jets-let-get-away/
Would it be fair to say that Marrone had a chance for revenge today, but he punted on it?

He was fine on the field. People not stop acting like he was the first pick of the draft instead of an undrafted free agent. Pretty amazing career for a guy not good enough to even picked.

I enjoyed all the seasons he played for the Cowboys. I wish he was still there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.