NFL Thread | Page 231 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
170715swashington2.jpg

And a catch is incomplete.

It's not debatable. The guy caught the ball. His knee went down and he reached over the end zone where the ball came lose. The ball can move as long as there is possession before hand. The ground just can't be used to control the catch.

An absolutely insanely bad call.

What are we even talking about here? It's a catch.

It was the same thing.
Both were catches though.

I agree, but it’s like the tuck rule. Can’t be mad at the officials. They are doing their job. Blame to NFL for their ridiculous rule book. The same crap happened for Michael Thomas today with the Saints. He had a foot and a heel down and they called it incomplete because he didn’t get the whole foot in.

These are not the same plays.
The ground caused the ball to move on both plays.
Listen I admit it’s a crap rule and both were catches if I am honest Which I am here.
It was BS but that it is what the ref ruled that the catch wasn’t maintained.

I get why you look at it, but that's a catch.

Caught it, made a football move, broke the plane and yes it bobbled when he hit the ground but there's no way to tell that his hands weren't under the ball.

Last time I checked you need definitive evidence, no?

If a runner broke the plane and was thrown back and fumbled, it would be a touchdown. The rule is obnoxious and the interpretation in this care was criminal. I don't even care who won: I don't root for or against either team. That was just a statement that this game is a fraud. It's like calling Bobby Thompson's home run foul.

(It's also like a referee calling a cheap foul and putting Georgetown on the line to win the game, which almost happened.)

I was rooting for Pittsburgh and I knew it was going to be incomplete. I’m sure everyone who’s mad about the call here did to.

They still could have won at least unlike Dallas. I have zero idea what Ben did there at the end.

I was rooting for Pittsburgh and I knew it was going to be incomplete. I’m sure everyone who’s mad about the call here did to.

They still could have won at least unlike Dallas. I have zero idea what Ben did there at the end.
Ben had to throw it away once the LB jumped the slant.
Ben doubled clutched and then threw it anyway.
Too much traffic and right into the Patriot safety.

So if the Steeler was outstretched and put the ball over the line, but a Patriot came and knocked the ball out, it's a TD though right? This shyt is out of control now.
Patriot didn’t touch the Steelers TE.

that's not his point.
When your a runner the ball has to cross the plain.
When you are catching the ball you must have possession.
It’s different. Under what he said possession is established.
In this play the TE never established possession he was catching the ball.

LOL

Patriot didn’t touch the Steelers TE.
I know, I was making a hypothetical. Just like last year when I asked, well how much time has to elapse when a receiver catches the ball in the endzone, before he can just spike it immediately?

its a tough rule. but he had knee and elbow down and complete control enough to then dive. it wasnt like he was in mid air coming down he turned and did a fball move . not surprised it was ruled no catch but anyone watching knows he caught it clean and something with the ball.

LOL
I think it was a catch but you aren’t getting what I am saying.
The receiver was catching the ball not running with it.
Thus you must complete the catch.
The rule on catches is stupid.

Yeah. Why though?

Too much discussion over what is/isn’t a TD on too many occasions. NFL needs to make the rules about scoring points not be stupid.

Sterling Shepard’s TD that they said wasn’t against Philly was the last straw for me. I hate this stuff. Ruins the enjoyment of the game.

It’s like in basketball saying that if it’s a FT you have to swish it for it to count, but if it gets a little rim it doesn’t. But on any other shot it just has to go in. So let’s go take 5 minutes to see if that free throw nicked the rim a little bit and needs to be overturned or not. Stupid.

I rest my case, league is a fraud...Kraft placed Goddell 17 years ago, their "feud" was a fraud and the rules have been subjectified to attain their desired outcomes

The "disciplined" Patriots committed just 2 penalities for 4 yards...Gronk taunts a player in the end zone, nothing. A Buffalo Bill bats the ball after a huge stop, Personal Foul

Steph one Gilmore commits 7 PI Penalties as a Bill in one season, but on the Patriots he's better

'Complete the catch to the ground...uh, he did, that's what your knee is, on the ground.'

League is a fraud

I was think it was a catch but you aren’t getting what I am saying.
The receiver was catching the ball not running with it.
Thus you must complete the catch.
The rule on catches is stupid.

Wrong. His knee is on the ground, that's grounding and completing the catch. Then he "runs" as he crawls

League is a fraud

Yeah. Why though?

Too much discussion over what is/isn’t a TD on too many occasions. NFL needs to make the rules about scoring points not be stupid.

Sterling Shepard’s TD that they said wasn’t against Philly was the last straw for me. I hate this stuff. Ruins the enjoyment of the game.

It’s like in basketball saying that if it’s a FT you have to swish it for it to count, but if it gets a little rim it doesn’t. But on any other shot it just has to go in. So let’s go take 5 minutes to see if that free throw nicked the rim a little bit and needs to be overturned or not. Stupid.
Listen I think it was a catch.
I am just explaining the difference between running with the ball and catching the ball.

James 100% made a catch.

1) He caught the ball
2) His knee hit the ground (untouched)
3) He turned to stretch the ball over the goal line
4) Ball broke the plane
5) Play is over

If he and caught the ball while diving over the goal line IN ONE MOTION and it came out as it hit the ground it wouldn’t have been a catch.

The refs 100% blew it. Steelers got screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.