NFL Thread | Page 233 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben can’t force that throw. Guy was covered the whole way. Just throw it out of bounds and get the FG.
Your 100%.
It was one receiver route and he wasn’t open. You just airmail it thru the end zone and go to OT at home.

Panthers owner to sell team. Wonder how bad that se xual harrassment thing was.

1215-jerry-richardson-getty-3.jpg
Panthers owner to sell team. Wonder how bad that se xual harrassment thing was.
I can’t see a picture of the guy and not think he is a Rich, old, sexist GOP voter.
The article from SI was damning

Patriot didn’t touch the Steelers TE.
But here’s the thing: If the Patriot does touch James, he’s down at the one. So all of these explanations from the league are nonsense. As someone noted earlier, the dive into the end zone was the football move after the catch. (And I know you agree it was a catch.)

But here’s the thing: If the Patriot does touch James, he’s down at the one. So all of these explanations from the league are nonsense. As someone noted earlier, the dive into the end zone was the football move after the catch. (And I know you agree it was a catch.)
You are correct.
Which is why the NFL catch rule is stupid.

I can’t see a picture of the guy and not think he is a Rich, old, s e xist GOP voter.
My that is some waddle he's got going there.

I pray they don’t and I pray Philly goes out in game 1.

Sorry. NFC East hate is all I got this year.

Would like to see the Jags make a run and the Bills get in but those are the only teams I feel anything positive for as far as rooting interests go.

I can relate. When your boys are in there (playoffs) my main focus is seeing them lose in excruciating fashion ala Flipper Anderson style. That's why I never understood SU hoops fans rooting for UConn, Nova or Gtown in the NCAAT.

Last edited:
I just want to say that the Patriots let the 49ers swindle them in the Garoppolo Trade. He’s going to be good for a long time. Aaron Rodgers 2.0.

I just want to say that the Patriots let the 49ers swindle them in the Garoppolo Trade. He’s going to be good for a long time. Aaron Rodgers 2.0.
Belichick didn’t want to trade him.
He also moved him for less to get him to the NFC.
The browns would have given more.
Belichick wanted him to replace Brady but Brady won’t decline and Kraft won’t let him wear another uniform.
San Fran got a top 10 QB.

I can relate. When your boys are in there my main focus is seeing them lose in excruciating fashion ala Flipper Anderson style. That's why I never understood SU hoops fans rooting for UConn, Nova or Gtown in the NCAAT.

Flipper? Flipper Anderson. Hmmm. Oh yeah. I guess I do remember, though that was 3 'chips ago.

And yes, rooting for the conference is for mid-majors. Always found that to be a very insecure thing for Cuse fans to do. We were in the freakin Big East, everyone with a brain respected our league!

Flipper? Flipper Anderson. Hmmm. Oh yeah. I guess I do remember, though that was 3 'chips ago.

And yes, rooting for the conference is for mid-majors. Always found that to be a very insecure thing for Cuse fans to do. We were in the freakin Big East, everyone with a brain respected our league!

Yeah I can't hate them all season and then turn around and root for them in March.

You're right that Anderson play was a long time ago. That bad snap in SF on the FG kick did the trick, too. ;)

I can’t see a picture of the guy and not think he is a Rich, old, s e xist GOP voter.

I read the first part of the SI article and that guy is a mess. That was way beyond just locker room talk. Not surprised it came out so quickly that he's now selling the team.

Yeah I can't hate them all season and then turn around and root for them in March.

You're right that Anderson play was a long time ago. That bad snap in SF on the FG kick did the trick, too. ;)

I will admit that the Foye, Ray, Lowry, Sumpter era teams were enjoyable to watch so I rooted for Nova a few times back then. Not out of conference loyalty though, I just liked their coach and their good players. But Uconn and GTown, never. The entire ACC right now...never. They don't like us and I don't like them. I hope the whole rest of the league goes out in round 1.

I was furious after that '02 Niners game. The '11 one washed it away nicely though.

I'd post this in the NYG thread but nobody would see it :).

I went to the game today and while I wasn't surprised at the large Philly turnout I was shocked at the number of empty seats. I get the GMen are 2-11 but there were thousands of empty seats despite all of the people that drove up the turnpike.

Btw Eli was very strong today. Gmen had a good game plan and you have to give their OL a ton of credit. I've seen Philly's front four terrorize OLs much better than NY's - they really came to play today.

I read the first part of the SI article and that guy is a mess. That was way beyond just locker room talk. Not surprised it came out so quickly that he's now selling the team.

His penance will be counting his hundreds of millions of profits when he sells the team.

One thing that blows my mind is listening to talking heads on radio and TV not understand the tiebreaker situation in the NFL. I kept hearing people say if Philly loses to NY today and Minnesota wins then the Vikes would have the #1 seed if the season ended today. Uhh no not really. And they're getting paid big money for that misinformation?

You are correct.
Which is why the NFL catch rule is stupid.

I'm growing more disgusted with the NFL with each passing week. The "must survive contact with the ground" rule, as it's applied today, doesn't work. Consider: a running back can launch himself into the air across the goal line and it's a TD as soon as the ball breaks the plane. But Jesse James catches the ball on the field, reaches across the goal line with the ball and somehow he has to "survive contact with the ground?" A running back can run toward the sideline and fumble the ball out of bounds, and this team retains possession. But a receiver can catch and control the ball along the sideline with both feet down, but when he hits the ground OUT OF BOUNDS and bobbles it, it's no catch? It's pure unadulterated bullsh#t.

The Dez Bryant call (and I hate the Cowboys) was simply terrible, just as was the AS-J call a couple weeks ago and so was today's ruling on Jesse James. It's just Godawful. If this is the kind of crap we have to put up with to have video replay reviews, then cancel the whole damn program. I want to watch teams play and players make plays, not refs reffing (read standing around for several minutes waiting to get over-ruled) and replay booth officials thousands of miles away telling me what I did or didn't see. Don't even get me started on the whole Ezekiel Elliot debacle.

The Roger GoodellFL is not a lot of fun anymore. The only good thing about his tenure is that Jerry doesn't like him. I've been watching football since Charley Conerly, and I'm losing interest. I've felt like this for more than a few years now. If this crap keeps up, I'll start looking around for something else to do on Sundays. Maybe I'll even just go to Church ... well, hold that thought ... :D

Last edited:
I think it was a catch but you aren’t getting what I am saying.
The receiver was catching the ball not running with it.
Thus you must complete the catch.
The rule on catches is stupid.

He caught it, turned to break the plane of the end zone and did. he was the equivalent of a runner at that point.

its just another part of the rule that breaks down in real life. the rule says you have to show control and make a move to become a runner.. so what if you catch it standing still and never move.. at some point control is control.

this is not the same as a guy diving to make a catch and dropping it. the rule just broke down on a play like this.

He caught it, turned to break the plane of the end zone and did. he was the equivalent of a runner at that point.
According to the rules he didn’t complete the catch. Thus he wasn’t a runner.

KaiserUEO
Pete Carroll: “Hey let’s run the stupidest play ever against the Pats”

Mike Tomlin: “Hold my beer!”

Did I do that right??
Namath was on with Francesa last week and Mike asked him something along the lines of ‘what do remember most about Bear Bryant the Coach?’

And Joe said that on the 1st day of practice through the end, he was always saying ...‘I’m going to teach you guys to not beat yourselves.’

That simple line is true on so many levels.

Apparently many coaches need to go to that clinic.

It’s how the Giants beat the Bills 27 years ago and how TC gave BB a dose of his own medicine 2x later.

Status
Not open for further replies.