NFL Thread | Page 284 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, if it’s Patriots-Eagles I don’t even know what I’m going to do.

I don’t really hate the Patriots...got nothing but great memories of my Giants playing them. But they’ve won enough, it’s boring, and I’m sick of it. But the Eagles? Mouthbreathing fanbase and I really like having the “empty trophy case” go to whenever any of them get too mouthy.

Yuck. Cmon Vikings!

I’ve missed your whining since the old deflagrate threads. Happy you are still watching the pats play so oh can be mad afterwards.

Facts are not whining

They did not throw a flag during a normal play against the Patriots today. That’s a fact

It’s also incredibly unlikely, and unfair

You’ll remember this when it all gets revealed

Facts are not whining

They did not throw a flag during a normal play against the Patriots today. That’s a fact

It’s also incredibly unlikely, and unfair

You’ll remember this when it all gets revealed
So, you're saying the league is a fraud?

Define 'normal play' for me. I don't know what that means.

Battered? His hand wasn't even injured. What was legendary about the Jags collapsing?
Number one pass D.
Down 10
No Edelman
No Gronk.
The guy is 40 and that wasn’t legendary?
Jags didn’t choke.
They gave the Pats nothing it was all earned.

Assuming you watched the game. The penalties on the jags were so obvious

One really bad holding where he tackled the NE pass rusher.

Two pretty obvious pass interference calls that weren’t even close.

The helmet to helmet was vicious and obvious.

Delay of game obvious

The refs were really letting both teams play but the jags penalties were just so egregious.

I will agree just viewing the stats it would seem crazy lopsided.

No doubt you couldnt say the penalties called on jags were bad. Issue is the lack of calls the other way and in big moments. Biggest of those on the flea flicker a very clear hold, outside the pads. There was a hold on a very big Lewis run late as well. Lots was being let go, but I hate that excuse to say that it warrants one penalty making sense or not having influence on the game at all.

In some ways it's similar to the respect afforded in the NBA where certain players and teams have an established aura of respect that comes with calls made before they even really happen at times. The Patriots late game ability is well known, but no doubt they let a lot go for their OL play and it really hurt the Jags defense.

Number one pass D.
Down 10
No Edelman
No Gronk.
The guy is 40 and that wasn’t legendary?
Jags didn’t choke.
They gave the Pats nothing it was all earned.

Their offensive ineptitude gave the Pats great field position and the D gifted two 30 yard pass interference penalties on poorly thrown deep balls. How was that not on the Jags?

On a separate note this Vikes Iggles game is going to be a lot of fun 2nd half.

Their offensive ineptitude gave the Pats great field position and the D gifted two 30 yard pass interference penalties on poorly thrown deep balls. How was that not on the Jags?
Your right Brady was terrible and the Pats were lucky to win.

Pats won because Jax couldn't put them away and kept depending on their defense to hold them below 20.

That being said, I guess this is where we're at in the NFL that a game in which they committed next to no penalties somehow, get a gift DPI before half and have a non-call on the game clinching run constitutes a fairly officiated Pats game.

So, you're saying the league is a fraud?

Define 'normal play' for me. I don't know what that means.

I didn’t say it!

They pulled classic NFL today...10 yard holding penalty on Pats first punt return, zero thereafter. The issue is the game was close so they couldn’t throw the 3-4 makeup flags in the 4th like normal

Not one flag on the Pats that “affected a play”

Yes it cost them 10 yards but still 1st and 10 etc

I didn’t say it!

They pulled classic NFL today...10 yard holding penalty on Pats first punt return, zero thereafter. The issue is the game was close so they couldn’t throw the 3-4 makeup flags in the 4th like normal

Not one flag on the Pats that “affected a play”

Yes it cost them 10 yards but still 1st and 10 etc
I'll give you a like for pointing out the 3-4 make up calls late in the game once momentum flags have been thrown against the NE opponent so no one can look at penalties and claim it was lopsided. Happens all the time.

Eagles DL is good.
Their HFA is willing the team.
Pats won their 3rd in 4 years in SB 39 against the Eagles.
Interesting if they win.

Pats won because Jax couldn't put them away and kept depending on their defense to hold them below 20.

That being said, I guess this is where we're at in the NFL that a game in which they committed next to no penalties somehow, get a gift DPI before half and have a non-call on the game clinching run constitutes a fairly officiated Pats game.

Also calling a fumble a fumble is a “break”

This is pathetic. The Vikings gave up after the pick six. Freaking Saints should be playing.

Not for nothing, that official needs to just walk to the locker room. What are you doing going out of your way to congratulate Tom Brady? Just walk off the field ref.

Most NFL fans are sick of the Pats and believe they get unfair treatment by the officials. The actual analysts are mockingly talking about it now as well. The NFL definitely does not need the optics of random official going all "Yay Tommy!"

It’s just dumb. But I’m really the dumb one because I keep watching.

They won’t get favoritism in the Super Bowl. NFL has what they want now. Can you imagine if SB ratings tanked?

Boomer Esiason must not have been renewed for next year, because he basically said it’s 17 on 11 on national TV

Status
Not open for further replies.