NFL Thread | Page 288 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money did Keenum lose tonight?
You can’t franchise him.
I wonder if he gets the transition tag and who gives him a long term contract?

He’s fine I think. He was under siege almost the whole game. Not the best decision to throw that ball but Long did get a hand on him as he was throwing it. That Barnett strip/sack was a bad call on MIN’s part. Having a TE come way across trying to block Barnett and protect his blind side. Barnett just went around him and got Keenum from behind.

He’s fine I think. He was under siege almost the whole game. Not the best decision to throw that ball but Long did get a hand on him as he was throwing it. That Barnett strip/sack was a bad call on MIN’s part. Having a TE come way across trying to block Barnett and protect his blind side. Barnett just went around him and got Keenum from behind.

Careful, thats the NYG head coach with that horrible play call

The Patriots will go down in history as the biggest cheaters in any major sport and will without a doubt be pointed to as one of the main reasons in the decline and eventual dissolution of the NFL. #Boycottthesuperbowl.

So so salty. I love it.

Barrett was acquired by Philadelphia with the pick the Minnesota gave up for Sam Bradford.
So that has to hurt for Minnesota.

Are we sure this wasn’t after a bobble?

Also all you guys who take pictures of possible NE penalties realize that you could do the same with every other team right?

The Patriots will go down in history as the biggest cheaters in any major sport and will without a doubt be pointed to as one of the main reasons in the decline and eventual dissolution of the NFL. #Boycottthesuperbowl.
Ha...Ha ha ha...Bwaahaaahaahaa! Love it how the rest of the NFL is sooo jealous. Go Pats!

Are we sure this wasn’t after a bobble?

Also all you guys who take pictures of possible NE penalties realize that you could do the same with every other team right?

Even if it isn't a PI, how about facemask/hands to the face.

Any chance foles gets in the picture of teams looking for a QB?

I suppose it's possible, but yesterday's game was most likely a flash in the pan. Much like Keenum, I'd be deathly scared to commit to him long-term.

The Vikings have 3 QB's, but they may not have any: Bridgewater, Bradford and Keenum. I think all are free agents. If you were the Vikes' GM, what would you do?

Really depends on the prices involved for the 3 of them. I'd probably just keep whichever one comes the cheapest (I'm guessing Bradford due to injury history) and look to the draft to get your future QB.

They gotta replace Terrence Newman and Jerick McKinnon as well.

If Tom Brady had a sense of humor a cameo on Always Sunny in Philadelphia about this Super Bowl could be really funny.

People can try to delegitimize this game whatever way they want Patriots won Jaguars lost.
Is it the refs fault the Jags took a knee with 55 seconds, 2 TOs from there own 25.

Really depends on the prices involved for the 3 of them. I'd probably just keep whichever one comes the cheapest (I'm guessing Bradford due to injury history) and look to the draft to get your future QB.

They should transition tag Keenum see what the market will pay him and give them the chance to match it.

I disagree. This is a quality team. Are they gonna start an injury waiting to happen at QB while drafting somebody near the bottom of the first round? Having said that, I don't know what they should do, just don't think that rolling the dice with Bradford is the way to go. Newman and McKinnon are utterly replaceable.

Guess I'd roll the dice on the bright shiny toy, meaning Bridgewater.

Last edited:
I won't get on Marrone for kneeling out the half. They were leading, Pats finally had some momentum, he saw the flag parade was starting and got the ball to start the 2nd half. While he played well the past 2 weeks, his QB is Blake Bortles - you're not going to ask him to whip it around the field before half in that situation and running Fournette into a stacked box, I guess would've appeased some people, but probably isn't getting you anywhere.

The biggest play/call was the delay of game penalty that took away the Jax conversion before half and would've allowed them to run out the clock and get points.

People can try to delegitimize this game whatever way they want Patriots won Jaguars lost.
Is it the refs fault the Jags took a knee with 55 seconds, 2 TOs from there own 25.
I agree with you. Point of what I am saying is not intended to take away from the Pats win. I'm not trying to get into a discussion on the refs, conspiracy, etc, but with all the rumblings and the conspiracy theorists out there, I don't think it was a good look for the ref to openly congratulate Brady like he did at the end of the game.

I won't get on Marrone for kneeling out the half. They were leading, Pats finally had some momentum, he saw the flag parade was starting and got the ball to start the 2nd half. While he played well the past 2 weeks, his QB is Blake Bortles - you're not going to ask him to whip it around the field before half in that situation and running Fournette into a stacked box, I guess would've appeased some people, but probably isn't getting you anywhere.

The biggest play/call was the delay of game penalty that took away the Jax conversion before half and would've allowed them to run out the clock and get points.

Why didn't he let Bortles run in this game? I saw several opportunities for Bortles to run the option and keep the ball, but he handed off every time. Makes no sense to me. He had 35 and 88 in the previous two games. I thought that would open the field for them even more, but he never went that I saw.

Flag parade?
First the Church PF wasn’t even a question.
Second while the Bouye PI was thin it was thin because Cooks wasn’t catching it. He grabbed the guy.

It’s not a flag parade. Cmon man.

I agree with you. Point of what I am saying is not intended to take away from the Pats win. I'm not trying to get into a discussion on the refs, conspiracy, etc, but with all the rumblings and the conspiracy theorists out there, I don't think it was a good look for the ref to openly congratulate Brady like he did at the end of the game.
You weren’t delegitimizating it’s others.

If Marrone was being safe they should have just thrown a screen to that kid #30 who was getting 20 yards each catch he was making.
They didn’t need to be super aggressive but trying a safe play was the call most teams attempt.

Last edited:
I will be honest I don’t think Giants fans really hate the Patriots.
They don’t play often enough and you guys have 2 SBs over them only team to beat Brady in the SB.
I get it’s Boston-NY but really that is only a Sox-Yanks thing. Hockey and Basketball they don’t hate each other.

I think Giants-Eagles is a rivalry more than Pats-Giants.

I get Jets fans hating the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.