NFL Thread | Page 301 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KaiserUEO is there anything to this discussion of Brandin Cooks a late round pick for Odell Beckham?
Giants wouldn’t sell Beckham that low would they?

So he's Adrian Peterson?

I doubt he takes a snap before Labor Day, the PUP is the smart thing for him, the iggs...and any controversy.

Hell, I hope he's not PUPed and I want the Giants to play the iggs for the Thursday Opener.

You guys SCREAM Super Bowl hangover...

I hope you get your wish. I am tired of Dallas/NYG every year to open the season.

Well past time to change this rule.
The change I make to PI is like the rules the NBA has for flagrant foul.
There should be degree of PI like a flagrant foul.
PI-1 is just a 15 yard penalty when there is contact but it’s not serious.

PI-2 spot foul where the defender tackles the receiver, or hits them before the ball arrives. This would prevent tackling on Hail Marys as the spot foul would still happen.

PI needs degrees.

The change I make to PI is like the rules the NBA has for flagrant foul.
There should be degree of PI like a flagrant foul.
PI-1 is just a 15 yard penalty when there is contact but it’s not serious.

PI-2 spot foul where the defender tackles the receiver, or hits them before the ball arrives. This would prevent tackling on Hail Marys as the spot foul would still happen.

PI needs degrees.

Seems like the NFL doesn't want that considering the change they made to the facemask penalties a little while ago.

But having said that, I've personally been a proponent of making it like clear path fouls in the NBA. If you have safety help over the top, it's just a 15 yard penalty. If there's no help and you simply grab the guy to stop a touchdown, it's a spot foul.

I hope you get your wish. I am tired of Dallas/NYG every year to open the season.
We both know it will still happen in September.

Every year, the Giants play on every network by Columbus Day at the latest.

FOX? Check
NBC? Check
CBS? Check
ESPN? Check
NFLN? Check

I’m sure the pokes and likely the patsies get the same treatment.

KaiserUEO is there anything to this discussion of Brandin Cooks a late round pick for Odell Beckham?
Giants wouldn’t sell Beckham that low would they?
Nope.

If he’s moved, it’s on draft day to get back into the top 10.

He’s not going anywhere.

Now Eli Apple?? Yeah, he could find himself with a new address by May. We’ll send you Apple and a 5th for Cooks. What’s his contract??

Nope.

If he’s moved, it’s on draft day to get back into the top 10.

He’s not going anywhere.

Now Eli Apple?? Yeah, he could find himself with a new address by May. We’ll send you Apple and a 5th for Cooks. What’s his contract??
Both OBJ and Cooks have the same length on the contracts.
1 year.
Cooks will cost 9-11 million per year Beckham wants 20 million per year.

The Pats would do it for one year and the logic for the Giants is Cooks is a 1 WR but won’t cost close to as much as OBJ wants.

Both OBJ and Cooks have the same length on the contracts.
1 year.
Cooks will cost 9-11 million per year Beckham wants 20 million per year.

The Pats would do it for one year and the logic for the Giants is Cooks is a 1 WR but won’t cost close to as much as OBJ wants.
OBJ gets 8MM this year and maybe Bill thinks he can sign him cheaper. I don’t know, but I hope Gettlemen is smart enough to NOT trade with them.

FWIW: I WANT BARKLEY!!!

OBJ gets 8MM this year and maybe Bill thinks he can sign him cheaper. I don’t know, but I hope Gettlemen is smart enough to NOT trade with them.

FWIW: I WANT BARKLEY!!!
Cooks and OBJ have the same salary as it’s the 5th year option for first rounders.

The Giants only do the deal if they want to get rid of OBJ get a close replacement they can sign for pretty value than the overpayment OBJ will want.

Browns should take Barkley first and then whatever the value between 4 and 2 is pay the Giants and pick their QB there.

Colts are taking Chubb.

Cooks and OBJ have the same salary as it’s the 5th year option for first rounders.

The Giants only do the deal if they want to get rid of OBJ get a close replacement they can sign for pretty value than the overpayment OBJ will want.

Browns should take Barkley first and then whatever the value between 4 and 2 is pay the Giants and pick their QB there.

Colts are taking Chubb.
Many moons ago I said the browns should take Barkley and take the QB next.

The Idiot Brigade lined up to slam me.

I hope they don’t do what I consider the smart move...

Many moons ago I said the browns should take Barkley and take the QB next.

The Idiot Brigade lined up to slam me.

I hope they don’t do what I consider the smart move...
Browns should take darnoud and either Chubb or Nelson from nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.