NHL Playoffs | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoffs

that was about a good a collection of games 1s as you will ever find..

MTL-Tor could be interesting. The experts were talking about they wish they could just say Tor in 2-3 because it will be that easy.. but having seen all the games MTL was the better team in most of them.. the big thing though is they just dont put the puck in the net enough with the quality chances they create and the D just gives away goals 1-2 times game.. Price has not been Price since last seasons playoffs but Allen is solid enough to win if they can score a little.. MTL was better than Philly last yr but couldnt score so its a trend of for them. They dont really have that Alpha guy.

its like soccer, you can control the ball for 80% of the game and generate all the quality you want but you have to score and if you end up with a hand ball PK you lose.

These playoffs are really like a tale of two cities this year. The first two rounds, you have teams who have already played each other 8-9 times. They need to figure out what worked and didn’t work during the season and see what tweaks can be made to advance them through. When all is said and done, you might have teams that have played each other 15 times which is insane. Then moving along to the semis, you have teams who haven’t played a single game against each other. Strategy has to change completely as you only have game tape to go off of. Should be interesting!

it figures canada has a 50/50 shot to get a team into the finals in a year with no fans..

that was about a good a collection of games 1s as you will ever find..

MTL-Tor could be interesting. The experts were talking about they wish they could just say Tor in 2-3 because it will be that easy.. but having seen all the games MTL was the better team in most of them.. the big thing though is they just dont put the puck in the net enough with the quality chances they create and the D just gives away goals 1-2 times game.. Price has not been Price since last seasons playoffs but Allen is solid enough to win if they can score a little.. MTL was better than Philly last yr but couldnt score so its a trend of for them. They dont really have that Alpha guy.

its like soccer, you can control the ball for 80% of the game and generate all the quality you want but you have to score and if you end up with a hand ball PK you lose.
Caufield should be in the lineup.

There's nothing quite like playoff hockey.

First three games went to OT, and his FLA-TB game has been bonkers.

MTL-TOR should be fun too.

When Montreal plays Toronto, I cheer for a scoreless tie and afterwards they have to carry both sides out. The two I'd like to cheer for this year - Edmonton & Winnipeg - meet in the first round. Gah!

another day another OT.
Bruins went into double last night. Love picking up a playoff hockey game late in the evening only to have it go to OT. Such tension and drama. And the Bruins were definitely the aggressors in the OTs, and had a bunch of good shots, but in the end, it all came down to a momentary error by the Caps to steal the game for Boston.

8 series in NHL history have gone to OT the first 3 games in 100 yrs or so of hockey.. and somehow the Caps have now done it the last 3 times its happened.

There's nothing quite like playoff hockey.

First three games went to OT, and his FLA-TB game has been bonkers.

MTL-TOR should be fun too.
When it comes to Mtl-Toronto, you can throw out the regular season records of each and the head to head games . This series worries me. GLG!

When Montreal plays Toronto, I cheer for a scoreless tie and afterwards they have to carry both sides out. The two I'd like to cheer for this year - Edmonton & Winnipeg - meet in the first round. Gah!
Is there a Western Canada vs. Eastern Canada beef?

Politics: Yes
Hockey: Yes
Football: Yes
________: Yes
________: Yes
As much as I hate that freeloading , money-sucking , uni lingual wasteland... Quebec City deserves a team

As much as I hate that freeloading , money-sucking , uni lingual wasteland... Quebec City deserves a team

They had one, but they didn't want to support it. Typical pequistes, they wanted government to carry the ball for them (if you'll pardon the metaphor) - even as they were preparing for another referendum on separation.

Last edited:
They had one, but they didn't want to support it.

They could get the feds to subsidize them. Just like everything else. Because, after all, they are distinct

This has been the best night of the playoffs so far. Hope Tavares is ok though

I didn't see it either until that replay but Tavares had to be taken on a stretcher to the hospital. Not a malicious play by Perry but unfortunate
Concussion maybe? Ugh

I didn't see it either until that replay but Tavares had to be taken on a stretcher to the hospital. Not a malicious play by Perry but unfortunate

It was unintentional, but Perry is still a mega douche pukeface.

The height of stupidity with these codes.

Someone unavoidably, accidentally, caused head trauma to a player on my team, so now I am going to attempt to cause head trauma back to that person, on purpose, when it is completely avoidable.

A "gray area" would have been if Perry's actions were somehow reckless and caused injury.

Perry wasnt even involved really. just part of the train wreck that followed.. not much he could do.

The height of stupidity with these codes.

Someone unavoidably, accidentally, caused head trauma to a player on my team, so now I am going to attempt to cause head trauma back to that person, on purpose, when it is completely avoidable.

A "gray area" would have been if Perry's actions were somehow reckless and caused injury.
Perry wasnt even involved really. just part of the train wreck that followed.. not much he could do.

I understand both of these, and I understand what Foligno said, whether I support it or not. I also understand it's going to be a long series, and it would not be good if this was allowed to fester for several games, nobody knowing what was going to happen or when. This way it's dealt with right on the spot, right where it happened, and we can all get on with the hockey.

The bigger problem is the NHL doesn't want to police the things that lead up to fights. There's always been an inverted snobbery in the league about how "it's a real man's game and real men don't need rule books to regulate behavior." At the time of the six team expansion about 20% of the players had a HS education, and that's the pool from which most coaches, scouts, executives, etc came from. The league was run for a long time by dinosaurs. I've never been a supporter of fighting, but it's been in the game for a long time and there's also a lot less than there used to be.

And then there's the point that Perry has been an instigating AH for well over a decade. Everyone I know simply hates him. He could be on the receiving end of another dozen like Foligno put on him, and he'd deserve everything he got.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom