NHL Playoffs | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoffs

I am a bit surprised it never happened as Expansion. Their parallels as a market to Winnipeg are very similar (past and current), and I would suspect they could get similar success as a mid level revenue NHL team. I guess the NHL is more keen on them as a relocation site and using the Quebec City market for leverage perhaps for teams to get a little more either in the current market or on a sale.

I'm not going to lose sleep either way if they get it or not, but it would be nice if they got it purely from a rivalry perspective.

There is only one pro sports team that I really want back in Quebec and that is the Montreal Expos. But I am not getting my hopes high for this one -- perhaps to protect myself from any disappointment.

I was listening to Montreal radio last week, and apparently the 1/2 season Tampa / 1/2 season Montreal baseball season is still a thing -- it seems absurd to me on so many fronts.
Can't split the season with two homes. The Players association would never go along with it. Players would have to have two homes. Tampa doesn't deserve to have their team. Give it to Montreal. Having them play in the A.L. East would be great for them. The games against the Blue Jays. When the Yanks and Red Sox go north, they would draw great.

Can't split the season with two homes. The Players association would never go along with it. Players would have to have two homes. Tampa doesn't deserve to have their team. Give it to Montreal. Having them play in the A.L. East would be great for them. The games against the Blue Jays. When the Yanks and Red Sox go north, they would draw great.
It’s the perfect division for a Montreal franchise.
They hate Toronto.
New York/Boston would be great draws and NY/Boston fans would go there for road trips.

If baseball expands I would expect Nashville/Charlotte/Portland to be the top locations as I expect Oakland will eventually move to Las Vegas just like the Raiders.

Hockey is finally going to expand to 32 with Seattle next season.

The Arizona or Florida franchise should go Quebec.

What exactly was the players association doing in 2003 then? 30 of Montreal’s games were played in Puerto Rico.

What exactly was the players association doing in 2003 then? 30 of Montreal’s games were played in Puerto Rico.
Previous CBA allowed that and the players hated it because they had to deal with 2 homes.
MLB made all that money selling those games to Puerto Rico and the players got only a small extra bonus for those games.

MLB players association is very strong.
They won’t allow the Montreal/Tampa split without getting something for it.

Very rare situation. I think they actually played some games in two different seasons in P.R.. What made it different and really strange was that the Montreal team was actually owned by MLB at that time. That might have had something to do with the Players association allowing it. In today's game, if they don't get something wonderful in exchange for anything, they are against it. Can you imagine the inconvenience to players. two countries. Two homes. Two different currency's.

Previous CBA allowed that and the players hated it because they had to deal with 2 homes.
MLB made all that money selling those games to Puerto Rico and the players got only a small extra bonus for those games.

MLB players association is very strong.
They won’t allow the Montreal/Tampa split without getting something for it.
is this really an issue with 2 homes? many have 2 homes.. many dont even have homes in the city they play in.

is this really an issue with 2 homes? many have 2 homes.. many dont even have homes in the city they play in.
Players association doesn’t want to allow MLB to use this arrangement without taking care of the players.

If Montreal wins tonight then the semifinals will be
Colorado- Vegas Winner vs. Winnipeg-Montreal winner.
If Toronto wins then the semifinals will be
Colorado-Vegas winner vs East division winner or Winnpeg.

The south Division winner will be the 2 seed.
The west winner will be the 1 seed.

Either Toronto or Boston will be the 3 seed.

If Montreal wins tonight then the semifinals will be
Colorado- Vegas Winner vs. Winnipeg-Montreal winner.
If Toronto wins then the semifinals will be
Colorado-Vegas winner vs East division winner or Winnpeg.

The south Division winner will be the 2 seed.
The west winner will be the 1 seed.

Either Toronto or Boston will be the 3 seed.
So your hope for a Boston-Toronto Stanley Cup Final still exists! Although, Colorado looks like world beaters right now. Going to be tough to take them out.

So your hope for a Boston-Toronto Stanley Cup Final still exists! Although, Colorado looks like world beaters right now. Going to be tough to take them out.
Can’t see the Leafs losing tonight or to the Jets.
Leafs-Lightning
Avs/Knights-Bruins
Are my semifinal predictions.

Can’t see the Leafs losing tonight or to the Jets.
Leafs-Lightning
Avs/Knights-Bruins
Are my semifinal predictions.
Leafs are missing Muzzin. They haven’t won a playoff series since 2003... I’m quietly confident about tonight. Whoever comes out of the series is a massive dog to Jets, leafs included.

Leafs are missing Muzzin. They haven’t won a playoff series since 2003... I’m quietly confident about tonight. Whoever comes out of the series is a massive dog to Jets, leafs included.

I think the Habs have a decent chance.

That being said, with the pro-Toronto sports networks and smarmy Toronto fans (not all but a large number) now squirming, I consider this series going to 7 a victory in itself.

Montreal power play is why I can’t see them scoring enough.

Winnipeg was really cold before they beat Edmonton.
They won’t be a strong favorite.

I think Montreal or Toronto will beat them.
The crowd helped the Habs on Saturday.

I think the Habs have a decent chance.

That being said, with the pro-Toronto sports networks and smarmy Toronto fans (not all but a large number) now squirming, I consider this series going to 7 a victory in itself.
Campbell has been great for Toronto. But in a game 7 I’m taking Price >>> Campbell all day.

Anything can happen in a 7. And honestly if the Habs somehow beat thIs first place leafs team it’s gonna be hilarious. I mean they are gonna go with the whole “Price stole the series” narrative and he did... it’s just that wasn’t this the same Carey Price leaf fans and the media were making fun of before the series claiming he was washed.

The young Leafs can go to Thornton and Spezza for advice today and ask them why so many of their teams repeatedly choked in the playoffs. (that being said Spezza has been pretty solid this series)

Montreal power play is why I can’t see them scoring enough.

Winnipeg was really cold before they beat Edmonton.
They won’t be a strong favorite.

I think Montreal or Toronto will beat them.
The crowd helped the Habs on Saturday.

They won 3 out of 6 games with a crappy power play. (actually got 2 PPG last game)

I think the Habs biggest issue is the fact they played 4D for pretty much the last half of the game with not so mobile D except for Petry. It hurt them bad in the OT, in which they were lucky to escape with a win.

Even being at 3-3, I have been extremely unimpressed with Ducharme's personnel management (the system stuff he has run has been fine I suppose).

Remember he started the series with Kotak, Caufield and Romanov on the bench. An odd move for an underdog that should be trying to get experience for these guys -- and its not like these guys had much better options. JK has come in and played great, CC has played very well despite not much points showing for it.

And now Ducharme insists on playing Merrill and the worst defensive D in hockey in Gustavsson instead of Romanov -- and won't even play them when it matters.

If the Habs try to go with 4D for most of game 7 it will be a terrible strategy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom