NIKE is now a target | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NIKE is now a target

Is SU still on probation? I know all the coaches can go out recruiting - but are we still considered to be on probation?
5 years (2020). Recruiting restrictions ended in July.

Is SU still on probation? I know all the coaches can go out recruiting - but are we still considered to be on probation?

I believe until 2010.

Even if there is a tiny thing on us we could get hammered.

326149-19.jpg

That doesn't mean that Nike is a target. Some of the ass'ts nabbed were Nike guys. Get your exercise some other way than just jumping to conclusions.

The indictment mentioned that Miami was needing more money from Adidas because another school and apparel company was offering more to a recruit. Who do you think that other apparel company is if not Nike? Those Nike guys were taking money from Adidas, so if the Feds are now subpoenaing Nike, it's not out of the stretch to believe that Nike has been involved as well.

The indictment mentioned that Miami was needing more money from Adidas because another school and apparel company was offering more to a recruit. Who do you think that other apparel company is if not Nike? Those Nike guys were taking money from Adidas, so if the Feds are now subpoenaing Nike, it's not out of the stretch to believe that Nike has been involved as well.
Of course. But without the tapes, there is nothing. That is the difference. The FBI got the tapes. And I can't imagine anyone is dumb enough to get caught on tape now.

We were also under the nose of the NCAA for the last 10 or so...
If people want to spend their time being worried, be my guest. I think there will be a couple more shoes to drop. But that will be about it. This was an easy investigation for the FBI. I don't think they are going to be knee deep in investigating Universities and College basketball programs. They made their point.

This thing is going to be so expansive. There might be 10 teams in the NCAA tourney this year.
Yup...Lemoyne is going to the Dance in back to back seasons,something Syracuse hasn't done recently.

Rick Pitino coached at Syracuse. Surprised that hasn't been featured.
Me too. I have read a few articles that I thought the next paragraph was going to be. Then he was hired by Jim Boeheim on his wedding night. Hasn't happened. Thank the lord.

Of course. But without the tapes, there is nothing. That is the difference. The FBI got the tapes. And I can't imagine anyone is dumb enough to get caught on tape now.
A big question hasn't been answered: why did the feds bring the indictments now?

We can speculate.
It may be to spread fear and get people thinking about covering their rear ends.
The first ones in usually get the best deals.
But we don't know.

The investigation isn't over.
And we don't know who else (and what else) the undercovers may have recorded - if anyone.
But it may be too late for other people to clam up.
There already may be more indictments in the pipeline.

A big question hasn't been answered: why did the feds bring the indictments now?

We can speculate.
It may be to spread fear and get people thinking about covering their rear ends.
The first ones in usually get the best deals.
But we don't know.

The investigation isn't over.
And we don't know who else (and what else) the undercovers may have recorded - if anyone.
But it may be too late for other people to clam up.
There already may be more indictments in the pipeline.
Oh, I think there will be more in the next couple of weeks. I just don't think it will be the end of times that some do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom