NIKE is now a target | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIKE is now a target

If any money can be documented. These coaches were so stupid accepting payments from businesses. Of course nobody thought the Feds would be involved. WWW and his boosters do things too under the radar I imagine to be caught. Cash. Fingers crossed that Hopkins or any asst never took any money from Nike or any firm. I highly doubt it but who knows.

That was honestly my biggest concern, Hop. Great recruiter who seemed to be the boots on the floor guy under JB who doesn't seem to appear as hands on. Very easy for an assistant to go rouge.

I mean if we are getting taken down with this I expect just about the entire Power 5 to be screwed. There's worse things going on. It's apparent to me that we just didn't let Gerry carry any bags. Poor guy.

Even if we aren't implicated I think the P5 is screwed big time.

Even if we aren't implicated I think the P5 is screwed big time.

Interested to see if this carries over to football at all. Starting to think this may be the end of college sports as we know it...

We've had a handful of McDAA ourselves the past 6-7 years.
True, but they all didn't start coming after we hired a coach with a history of show-cause, after having nothing for the 30 years prior.

I agree with this. This shhshow I don't think JB or Cuse is involved at all because of the reasons you listed. I think the stuff that we've been pegged on before which was to JBs blind eye is more of the stuff that we'd be guilty of which doesn't really have to do with anything that we've seen from this FBI probe. I think we'll be in good shape, but will be worried until the dust settles.

Spot on.

All it takes is one; McCullough or Richardson for example...

...unless those guys aren't bought and paid for in the first place. In which case, nothing to worry about.

Has Auburn or Oklahoma State?
Those schools, at least Auburn and also USC and Miami, have been punching above their weight class. And Zona getting all these kids far away from their region. All of that looks very shady on the surface.

4 Freshmen don't fit the profile valued by Nike. Rest of the team, Battle maybe, remember not a McD...Recent past we haven't been loaded with Nike wonders. JB maybe sensed something was up a few years ago...like the crap was going to hit the fan. JB is way smarter than the average head coach. Any kid in the top 100 looking for $$$$$$ isn't worth pursuing. A veritable trap.

Why would any head coach risk millions of dollars of salary so some kid can get 100K?

If any money can be documented. These coaches were so stupid accepting payments from businesses. Of course nobody thought the Feds would be involved. WWW and his boosters do things too under the radar I imagine to be caught. Cash. Fingers crossed that Hopkins or any asst never took any money from Nike or any firm. I highly doubt it but who knows.

Actually, I think many of them make their salaries through businesses not the school themselves. in fact, the UofL President basically stated that in his presser today.

Why would any head coach risk millions of dollars of salary so some kid can get 100K?

because their next millions of dollars (ie, their continued employment) depends on getting these kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom