NIL Questions and answers | Syracusefan.com

NIL Questions and answers

Nice I did have a question.

Can/are these deals made where the athlete has to pay some of the money back it they transfer?

Some $$ comes from collectives. If Gatorade wants to give $1M, an individual, a company wants to give you a vehicle, etc? Not included, here.

Prices in the portal should be noted. 3 star players out of HS aren't crazy $$, yet.

Amy websites that show which players are being paid what would be great, it’s all very hidden it seems.

I can see if person X or business Y wants to pay a player but regarding collecting for an NIL fund, who determines who it goes to and how much? Are there management fees?

Amy websites that show which players are being paid what would be great, it’s all very hidden it seems.
On3 shows the expected value of players current NIL.. Sanders is at about $5M. (In part, earned by his 1M social media followers) Of course, he was handed a $200k car, just for walking through the door.

Some players may not opt early for the Draft. It could be a pay cut, if they aren't 1st round.

On3 shows the expected value of players current NIL.. Sanders is at about $5M. (In part, earned by his 1M social media followers) Of course, he was handed a $200k car, just for walking through the door.

Some players may not opt early for the Draft. It could be a pay cut, if they aren't 1st round.
Thanks, I’ve been looking for something like this.

Some $$ comes from collectives. If Gatorade wants to give $1M, an individual, a company wants to give you a vehicle, etc? Not included, here.

Prices in the portal should be noted. 3 star players out of HS aren't crazy $$, yet.

When will 3 star players go on strike to get more money ?

When will 3 star players go on strike to get more money ?
They are. Its called the portal...lol

Of course, you raise team questions, player retention in regards to their education, questions and, whether they should still be considered student athletes questions.

The NCAA should stop pretending. NIL is, in most cases, a salary paid by someone else. It should be treated as such. NFL cap, MLB luxury tax, etc... Something.

The more good teams($$) the better for the sport(AND ATHLETES), overall. Parity.

Its clear, that you need $$ to compete.

I hope these rules are tweaked, where it can help both the athletes, and more college fan bases. Some parity would help everyone.
Will Fran still be #1 recruiter when the money dries up?

They are. Its called the portal...lol

Of course, you raise team questions, player retention in regards to their education, questions and, whether they should still be considered student athletes questions.

The NCAA should stop pretending. NIL is, in most cases, a salary paid by someone else. It should be treated as such. NFL cap, MLB luxury tax, etc... Something.

The more good teams($$) the better for the sport(AND ATHLETES), overall. Parity.
NIL won't give us more good players. Finite number. The good ones will just go to the teams with the most money. Less good teams. Less parity. It's not like the NFL where every team has a substantial amount of money.

On3 is bogus when it comes to NIL.

Aren't the values shown on On3 a hypothetical calculation (i.e. based on On3 own estimates, which heavily skew to social media followers) vs. what a player actually makes?

More important that the money. I want to know specifically what these athletes are required to do in exchange for the $$$. (Not asking the OP to post it.) I think this should be required information for eligibility. So you’re telling me an NCAA student athlete can be paid for his NIL, but he still has to maintain a satisfactory academic standing? That means it is possible to have stipulations on eligibility. I want to know how much a signature costs. What does a tailgate appearance cost? How much does a Tv commercial endorsement cost?

More important that the money. I want to know specifically what these athletes are required to do in exchange for the $$$. (Not asking the OP to post it.) I think this should be required information for eligibility. So you’re telling me an NCAA student athlete can be paid for his NIL, but he still has to maintain a satisfactory academic standing? That means it is possible to have stipulations on eligibility. I want to know how much a signature costs. What does a tailgate appearance cost? How much does a Tv commercial endorsement cost?
Personally I’d like to see players having to agree to play in bowl games if they’re receiving NIL.

If I as a working class guy am forking over money, I think it stands to reason that I should be able to see the student athlete that I’m supporting on the field.

Personally I’d like to see players having to agree to play in bowl games if they’re receiving NIL.

If I as a working class guy am forking over money, I think it stands to reason that I should be able to see the student athlete that I’m supporting on the field.
I suspect that falls under the heading of pay-to-play.

I suspect that falls under the heading of pay-to-play.

Not sure that would…..you can’t say you must play for this school…

A stipulation you could make is if your current team makes a bowl you must play

I think

I know it's important and I'm not looking to undercut our success.

The system is super weird. Fans directly subsidizing a billion dollar business where the players don't get paid is nuts.
I was never in favor of NIL even though many argued it was selfish not to. Now we’re telling blue collar people to pump in extra income in order to have the “right” to opine about their teams performance. All well telling them it’s selfish to want the players to play in bowl games.

I don’t expect this to be set in stone forever, but right now things are weird.

Aren't the values shown on On3 a hypothetical calculation (i.e. based on On3 own estimates, which heavily skew to social media followers) vs. what a player actually makes?

I believe social media may be a valuation, because it depends on the # of endorsements, based on reach. Gatorade, Nike, The Rock Johnsons energy drinks, Bose,, Beats by Dre etc... I would hope are more concrete. Although, if you have 1M followers? Its about $15K PER sponsored Post.

They track nil deals, as well. Example. $15,000 to eat dinner with Jawhar Jordan on Dec 3. (500 tix @30) More concrete.

The tweet I posted was what that collective paid. (30 schools) $500k for top 10, from 1 source. On3 doesn't seem far off.

I was never in favor of NIL even though many argued it was selfish not to. Now we’re telling blue collar people to pump in extra income in order to have the “right” to opine about their teams performance. All well telling them it’s selfish to want the players to play in bowl games.

I don’t expect this to be set in stone forever, but right now things are weird.
Need a better solution, that works for players and fans. Otherwise, much of the enjoyment of CFB will be gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom