NIL | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Think all of the full team photos/posters that get sold will have to result in each of the kids getting a portion of those sales, correct?

Why would anyone pay for a schedule poster that they've been getting for free for the past 30+ years?

Why would anyone pay for a schedule poster that they've been getting for free for the past 30+ years?
Guess i was thinking of any other posters that may be available for sale at all those kiosks at the games.

Think all of the full team photos/posters that get sold will have to result in each of the kids getting a portion of those sales, correct?
The school will now need to pay those players an amount of money to use their likeness on those posters and I bet the school will just pass the cost on to consumers or they will get a sponsor to subsidize them and just slap their logos on with them:

The school will now need to pay those players an amount of money to use their likeness on those posters and I bet the school will just pass the cost on to consumers or they will get a sponsor to subsidize them and just slap their logos on with them:

Will schools restrict the usage of their logos is my question? I mean there has to be some limitations on Cole Swider doing an ad for a strip club on Eerie Boulevard in his uniform. I think we're going to see some fascinating situations where players are at odds w the AD on their ad campaigns, how much time spent doing this type of marketing, etc.

Newhouse/VPA duel major could become VERY attractive to kids looking to go play bigtime sports and learn how to market/advertise/act while they are actually at Syracuse

Will schools restrict the usage of their logos is my question? I mean there has to be some limitations on Cole Swider doing an ad for a strip club on Eerie Boulevard in his uniform. I think we're going to see some fascinating situations where players are at odds w the AD on their ad campaigns, how much time spent doing this type of marketing, etc.

Newhouse/VPA duel major could become VERY attractive to kids looking to go play bigtime sports and learn how to market/advertise/act while they are actually at Syracuse
They can’t use Syracuse for anything they do as they don’t have the copyright so they will need permission for that:

Just like athletes don’t wear official team stuff in commercials if they aren’t sponsored by their league.

That won't be true.
Icon Source was started by Chase Garrett, a former athlete marketer for Red Bull who signed the likes of Reggie Bush and Kris Bryant. That list is about to grow quickly in the college space. The Denver-based company will have more than 1,000 college athletes ready to execute deals at midnight.

Now you're cooking.

JBA's take on it...slightly edited.
20210701_125640.jpg

They can’t use Syracuse for anything they do as they don’t have the copyright so they will need permission for that:

Just like athletes don’t wear official team stuff in commercials if they aren’t sponsored by their league.

Ok so on the basis of the NIL the university will probably have to hire a Director of NIL approvals for the individuals who want sign off on specific brands, etc.

Ok so on the basis of the NIL the university will probably have to hire a Director of NIL approvals for the individuals who want sign off on specific brands, etc.
That would probably be something that kids would get as a recruiting pitch that you’ll be able to use those universities likeness and anything they own copyright wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom