NIL | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Here’s a hypothetical that crossed my mind: What happens when the star player (or anyone for that matter) skips practice because he’s filming a commercial, doing an autograph signing, etc.? I’d like to think teams will set ground rules to be followed but will the power of the almighty dollar trump team rules? Should be very interesting to say the least.

Here’s a hypothetical that crossed my mind: What happens when the star player (or anyone for that matter) skips practice because he’s filming a commercial, doing an autograph signing, etc.? I’d like to think teams will set ground rules to be followed but will the power of the almighty dollar trump team rules? Should be very interesting to say the least.

I would say it's up to the coach to set team rules and enforce them. i.e. you can do this NIL stuff, but it better not conflict with what you are there to do.

How many young adults know about quarterly estimated taxes so they don't get penalized? Heck, I wouldn't have known about those if it weren't for my accountant.

How many older adults know? I'm guessing single digits. But, doesn't matter their age, they are adults. I know we like to keep babying them by calling them kids, but with few exceptions by law, they are adults.

That won't be true.

I heard last night that a sub chain in Nebraska is offering every student athlete in the state one marketing/branding opportunity. Not sure what they are paying, but at least in that state, all could get paid.

That sounds like something the coach making $3,000,000/yr will have to handle.

Title IX won’t do any of this.
If kids are making money in the free market and the schools aren’t paying them the female athletes aren’t doing anything.

All title IX requires is that schools have scholarship allotments in line with student populations.

NIL just allows athletes to make money and stop pretending the sham that coaches can make millions and athletes make nothing.

While I agree that it probably won't do anything, Title IX is more to address sex discrimination in schools. Scholarships is a main focus, but not the only.

There’s definitely a generational gap here. Seems like everyone over 50 thinks this is doomsday and anyone under doesn’t. College Sports already wasn’t exactly on a level playing field anyway. Just get it out there so the member schools can’t play favorites.

I'm exactly 50 and have been pounding the fallacy of amateurism in big-time college athletics for 20 years. So happy that this is happening for the athletes and whatever it does to the products on the field is inconsequential from a moral perspective. Let the NCAA and its member schools figure it out.

Attachments

• used-car-saleman-2.jpg
    used-car-saleman-2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 98
So which board whales are ponying up here?!

But everyone will get paid
I don’t understand why everyone gets paid. I thought everyone has to get their own “deal”. There won’t be deals for everyone or at least the deals won’t be equal. Right. What am I missing

This is all good.

Again the top recruits are the ones that will get paid before proving anything.

Kids in college will be able to profit while their iron is hot in college:

Not every kid is going to get endorsements.
It might cause resentment but people resent a lot of things it’s a joke now.

I don’t understand why everyone gets paid. I thought everyone has to get their own “deal”. There won’t be deals for everyone or at least the deals won’t be equal. Right. What am I missing
Think all of the full team photos/posters that get sold will have to result in each of the kids getting a portion of those sales, correct?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom