NIL | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

There’s definitely a generational gap here. Seems like everyone over 50 thinks this is doomsday and anyone under doesn’t. College Sports already wasn’t exactly on a level playing field anyway. Just get it out there so the member schools can’t play favorites.
Not everyone over 50 — or 70 — thinks that way. This is waaaaaaaaay overdue.

Woof & bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay,

I've thought about setting ol' OiG up on Cameo. The content I give all of our board members is GOLD. I could get paid for this, ya ungrateful degenerates. But instead I give of myself freely, for all of you.

Make It Rain Money GIF

Why can regular students on academic scholarships get paid while in school and people want kids on athletic scholarshipS treated differently.

College sports aren’t amateur sports. Coaches shouldn’t be making generational wealth if they are amateur sports.

This has been my argument for years. Academic scholarship students can get jobs, transfer with impunity, get grant work (paid stipends), etc. Why are college athletes different?

There’s definitely a generational gap here. Seems like everyone over 50 thinks this is doomsday and anyone under doesn’t. College Sports already wasn’t exactly on a level playing field anyway. Just get it out there so the member schools can’t play favorites.

Stop with that nonsense about age. I'm 51 and a staunch capitalist. I've been arguing against the amateur model for some time (though I have also said a scholarship is a form of compensation). I welcome today and all the opportunities every athlete will have.

Cuse basketball social media should put out something with the dome and our fan attendance/records. Brightest lights...F you dookie.

If you think this changes anything at all for boosters who are willing to pay players, you are being very naive. This is actually the best thing to happen to these boosters because it gives them better cover for when a player at their school is driving a $100k car. It will lower suspicions on any player living above their "perceived" means because the plausible answer will always be funds attained through NIL. If anything I think this will really embolden booster activity because there is going to be new grey area for them to work in, in addition to the under-the-table area they already work in.
And now boosters can change player payments from under the table to endorsement deals that can be deducted from their business income for tax purposes.

Anybody else think these kids have been sitting around dreaming up ways to make money for months?

Same thing I was wondering.
What about Little leaguers?
Remember the kid who said “ I’m Big Al and I hit dingers”?
Little Chubsy Wubsy was cute as heck and could of made a little cheeseburger money.

Stop with that nonsense about age. I'm 51 and a staunch capitalist. I've been arguing against the amateur model for some time (though I have also said a scholarship is a form of compensation). I welcome today and all the opportunities every athlete will have.

It was a general comment and not meant to be personal. Obviously it‘s not specific to everyone, but it seems like some old schoolers hate the change.

Football in 2023 but zero sign hoops has a timetable.

I would presume NIL makes it less likely to get college sports video games, not more likely. It will cost a hell of a lot more to produce a game if you have to pay each person on each roster. Hell, since there is currently no collective bargaining unit it would be a huge expense to simply contact and negotiate small deals with every deep bench guy on every team.

Wonder if the Golden boy “”Buddy” is going to casually mention to his brother how much more money he is making than him.

I would presume NIL makes it less likely to get college sports video games, not more likely. It will cost a hell of a lot more to produce a game if you have to pay each person on each roster. Hell, since there is currently no collective bargaining unit it would be a huge expense to simply contact and negotiate small deals with every deep bench guy on every team.

They already have a royalty structure figured out so I don't think it will be as difficult as you would think and that is for football that 2x more student athletes to pay.

And now boosters can change player payments from under the table to endorsement deals that can be deducted from their business income for tax purposes.
Yes, this is pretty much exactly my point.

Has SU partnered with a firm like Oklahoma and others have or is it all in house at this point?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom