NIL | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Buddy is getting a little heat on twitter, guess Buddy Hield was "Buddy Buckets" first.. I'm scooping up a shirt now before they get taken down (not saying they will or should take it down, I just don't want to miss out)

Well it says the Playerstrunk has a deal with the school.That’s why I was wondering who gets what.

they might have a licensing deal. I just meant of an individual item of buddy’s being sold I’m not sure a percentage would go to SU. Maybe it does and I’m sure we’ll learn more as time goes on.

they might have a licensing deal. I just meant of an individual item of buddy’s being sold I’m not sure a percentage would go to SU. Maybe it does and I’m sure we’ll learn more as time goes on.

Yea, that was my guess. SU made a deal with Playerstrunk so athletes could have shirts made through them, and not have to personally get licensing approval each time through SU?

Buddy is getting a little heat on twitter, guess Buddy Hield was "Buddy Buckets" first.. I'm scooping up a shirt now before they get taken down (not saying they will or should take it down, I just don't want to miss out)
Whomever trademarks first wins!

This will help athletes once they decide to come here.
It won’t help us recruit kids to come and play here.
Why couldn’t it? Kids will look at where other kids are making money and decide the Cuse is where they can make the cash.I see it as a plus for schools in towns like Syracuse.

i don’t know but my guess would be SU isn’t getting a cut. This type of thing isn’t going to be a windfall so for SU it wouldnt make a dent anyways.

There is literally no way the school isn't getting a cut if they signed a license. That's the whole point of a license - to set the monetary value of the IP or trademark being used.

There is literally no way the school isn't getting a cut if they signed a license. That's the whole point of a license - to set the monetary value of the IP or trademark being used.
Or maybe they are doing it so they can land recruits.Seems like the only way they are going to keep up with the top schools is if they agree to let players use the school logo.

Nike sells Buddy Buckets gear for Buddy Hield. I wonder how that works with trademarks.
fortune-teller.jpg

Another scenario I was thinking of.
We all know Buddy and his family ain’t hurting for cash, could Buddy decide that he wants to split up any money he makes off of his NIL with all his teammates? Would that be within the rules?

that’s why my first 3 words were “I don’t know”. Lol. But anyways, the more I read about the “deal”, it’s because of the use of the SU logo/trademark. So it looks like SU is getting something if they are used. If not they wouldn’t get anything. Former players have used players trunk before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom