NIL | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

I wonder how team chemistry is impacted if one player gets a cool million dollars, and everyone else makes $0 - let’s say $5k.
I was wondering about that phenomena, with the Jordan Addison situation @ SC. Comes in at the midnight hour, with all that publicized NIL money. They seem to be playing well though.

I was wondering about that phenomena, with the Jordan Addison situation @ SC. Comes in at the midnight hour, with all that publicized NIL money. They seem to be playing well though.
I suspect disharmony takes a while to take hold.

I think the key may be to be certain these top guys are definitely worth the money. Would also help if they are likeable team players too.

I’m reluctantly on board. Would rather have 4 4* kids get $250k.

We're getting 4 star kids already. It's the 5 star kids who are the difference makers. You only need 1 of them, with a good supporting cast, to do very well in hoops.

But if you're only buying one kid for football, most people would say get a QB, but I'd kind of like to have a real monster on the defensive line, more of an inside guy (we seem to have little trouble finding speedy edge rushers).

We never get those guys who can just blow up an offensive line. When was the last one? Kevin Mitchell? Tim Green? Art Jones?

Can the first player for the Adam Weitsman fellowship be a 5-star 6'7" 265lb freak pass catching TE?

Right. A player like Lamar Jackson at SU means I don’t have to watch replays of him hurdling Antwan Cordy for the rest of my life.

Well, we might not have gotten Lamar Jackson, but it sure would have been nice to get Michael Vick, or Kenny Anderson, or Stephon Marbury.

If a QB is smart, he takes his line or his receivers out to dinner once in a while. He picks up a check or two, and if somebody has a great game, he gets them a little gift like a video game or something. If you have $1 million, that's how you do it. Spread it around a little.

If a QB is smart, he takes his line or his receivers out to dinner once in a while. He picks up a check or two, and if somebody has a great game, he gets them a little gift like a video game or something. If you have $1 million, that's how you do it. Spread it around a little.
Jim Brown always took care of his lineman in Cleveland.

A million for one or two players a year is foolish.

I’d rather build team with 20 guys with an NIL deal for $50K a year for four years.

I would also sign the top returning players to a similar deal.

This would allow you to attract really good players and maintain good chemistry on the TEAM.

I’d rather build team with 20 guys with an NIL deal for $50K a year for four years.

This would allow you to attract really good players and maintain good chemistry on the TEAM.

You're not getting 5 star guys for that. Teams down south are giving that to their walk-ons, or their linemen.

I think he's more of a hoops guy. 1 guy makes a difference. (Can Dave Bing give everyone a free car again? LoL)

Football is much different, as TEAM is a huge factor. It's his money. I think its GREAT that he wants to make the University relevant in both sports. Mother of all bag men. (Can I get a woot?!!!!)

Yepp. Getting 4 guys in the ESPN 300, is far more effective than one. A top QB, a top RB? Will get the big boys from the Northeast, more willing to block for Cuse. (4 star linemen in my area, have been annoyingly going to Michigan, and Georgia)

A couple def guys, too. Lewis Cine was local to me. Know a bunch of kids that played with him. Boston Area. Best HS defensive player I've ever seen. He felt there were no good college programs in the northeast, so he went and lived with his uncle in Texas. (Georgia, NFL 1st round pick) Weitsman could keep a kid like that closer to home. (Without feeling the need to move away from his friends in HIGHSCHOOL)

Be cool if he reconsidered his football donation to cusenation, as a way to keep the best players in the northeast HOME.

Last edited:
Maybe buy something nice for his QB coach who is making maybe 1/4 of what he makes?

I think he's more of a hoops guy. 1 guy makes a difference. (Can Dave Bing give everyone a free car again? LoL)

Football is much different, as TEAM is a huge factor. It's his money. I think its GREAT that he wants to make the University relevant in both sports. Mother of all bag men. (Can I get a woot?!!!!)

Yepp. Getting 4 guys in the ESPN 300, is far more effective than one. A top QB, a top RB? Will get the big boys from the Northeast, more willing to block for Cuse. (4 star linemen in my area, have been annoyingly going to Michigan, and Georgia)

A couple def guys, too. Lewis Cine was local to me. Know a bunch of kids that played with him. Boston Area. Best HS defensive player I've ever seen. He felt there were no good college programs in the northeast, so he went and lived with his uncle in Texas. (Georgia, NFL 1st round pick) Weitsman could keep a kid like that closer to home. (Without feeling the need to move away from his friends in HIGHSCHOOL)

Be cool if he reconsidered his football donation to cusenation, as a way to keep the best players in the northeast HOME.

Woot woot!!! I don’t disagree with you.

I appreciate anyone who is able to generate an NIL deal for an athlete at Syracuse.

I wonder how much the other collectives at Syracuse have been able to generate for players?

You're not getting 5 star guys for that. Teams down south are giving that to their walk-ons, or their linemen.
The point he is making for football is rather than one 5 star player, build a whole team with 4 star and high 3 star players.

I'll take this kid in class of 2024

And this kid this year

And this kid in 2025

DL depth solved

He's free to spend HIS money how HE'D like to.

YOU'RE free to donate $1m and divide it accordingly as well.

I think the folks that are suggesting to spread the wealth are missing the point.

Yes, he's trying to help Syracuse.

But he's also looking for an influencer to pimp his crypto and social media stuff.

A 4 star OLineman doesnt really move the needle.

As conference realignment continues to go round and round, Syracuse needs to recapture its relevance in football and, to a lesser extent, basketball. I would love the ACC to stay together, but the pragmatist in me is not sure how likely that will be unless the media rights payments can be increased substantially. As a result, Syracuse needs to become attractive as a national football brand or risk being left behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom