NIL | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

I hope the folks who pontificated how unfair this all was will come out against this.

But, for those of us who didn’t...yeah, great news!
CFB is a bunch of kids in a store with the security cameras off - no one in charge

I want more parity, and would rather it be the regulated by powers looking out for the sport - but - it’s not his things are played. At least this is legal.

CFB is a bunch of kids in a store with the security cameras off - no one in charge

I want more parity, and would rather it be the regulated by powers looking out for the sport - but - it’s not his things are played. At least this is legal.

Sure...but I don’t expect a bunch of posts about the taxes these kids will have to pay like we normally see.

I hope the folks who pontificated how unfair this all was will come out against this.

I'm not a fan, but I also admit it's the world we're in. I guess it's fortunate we have a benefactor on the basketball side of things.

Last edited:
Weitsman can spend his money however he wants to - but I just can't get behind the idea of spending a ton of money just to lure 5 star guys who might spend a year on campus.

If I didn’t adequately express my “pontification” on this board, I will be happy to clarify my position now.
F2AEB4FD-D4DF-4EBC-83CE-81EA0166FA80.jpeg

The unfortunate aspect of NIL is that universities and athletic departments are losing out on money for capital projects or scholarships. Players are still getting a free education and that means a lot.

It never bothered me. I figured it is what it is. Plus, it’s not like SU was missing out on some big named recruit because of it (specifically football). So I’m pumped about this.

The big question is… what position would we want? QB seems like the obvious answer but that’s such a crap shoot. 90% of these high profile QBs end up transferring anyways. Plus, we’ve shown we can grab a good QB in the portal.

So WR? Wr would be my pick. One position we cant seem to figure out.

I just find it amazing that for years people said, “The schools make too much money. Some of that money should go to the kids.”

Now we’ve created a system where the schools are making as much if not MORE money, but the money that is going to the kids is NEW money coming directly from boosters. It’s a horrible system that is simply a formula to increase corruption in the sport and erode fairness and competition on the field.

If I didn’t adequately express my “pontification” on this board, I will be happy to clarify my position now.

I appreciate the consistency, seriously. A lot of the posts, to me, have come off as "I dont like this because Syracuse won't be as good". If your view is what it is, then in all honestly, P5 sports might not be for you anymore

Wow.
If this is a string attached to JB’s tenure - then he can coach as long as he wants.

Kind of sad that it’s come to this with recruiting but it’s either this or stay irrelevant.

back on topic - this is a better use of Adam's capital. I'd rather see him spend money like this instead of bringing Tom Brady courtside.

Last edited:
Sure...but I don’t expect a bunch of posts about the taxes these kids will have to pay like we normally see.
if someone was giving me millions to play, I'd do all I could to get a tax accountant I could trust

that would be a great service someone at the school could help with - connect them with trustworthy help

I appreciate the consistency, seriously. A lot of the posts, to me, have come off as "I dont like this because Syracuse won't be as good". If your view is what it is, then in all honestly, P5 sports might not be for you anymore
I’ve been saying that for a few years. They keep bringing closer and closer to the door.

It's needed. It's already impacted Hoops negatively, not being able to play with the big boys.

This will benefit football greatly as well.

Welcome efforts and commitment from Adam (on top of everything else).

So everyone says how Adam should do this and do that and everyone else complains about how we can’t keep up with NIL offers from other schools, and now he does exactly what everyone is asking for and you don’t like it? Everyone here complains how we lose to a school “who offers a bag” and yet he will handle this with perfect rule following and we’re complaining? Boy oh boy this fan base sometimes I tell ya

So everyone says how Adam should do this and do that and everyone else complains about how we can’t keep up with NIL offers from other schools, and now he does exactly what everyone is asking for and you don’t like it? Everyone here complains how we lose to a school “who offers a bag” and yet he will handle this with perfect rule following and we’re complaining? Boy oh boy this fan base sometimes I tell ya
Seems like 80-90% of us are enthusiastically for it.

It never bothered me. I figured it is what it is. Plus, it’s not like SU was missing out on some big named recruit because of it (specifically football). So I’m pumped about this.

The big question is… what position would we want? QB seems like the obvious answer but that’s such a crap shoot. 90% of these high profile QBs end up transferring anyways. Plus, we’ve shown we can grab a good QB in the portal.

So WR? Wr would be my pick. One position we cant seem to figure out.
What does one five star in football do for you? There are still 21 others who are not five stars. And don’t even say that it will attract other five stars. It won’t. They too will be looking for the million dollar deal. To me it’s not worth the risk at all. And not to get too off topic, but if he is dipping his toes into NIL now I don’t want to see any coach, athlete, or anyone a part of any SU teams on his private jet or fraternizing. I hope the university compliance department has crossed all their T’s and dotted all their I’s.

What does one five star in football do for you? There are still 21 others who are not five stars. And don’t even say that it will attract other five stars. It won’t. They too will be looking for the million dollar deal. To me it’s not worth the risk at all. And not to get too off topic, but if he is dipping his toes into NIL now I don’t want to see any coach, athlete, or anyone a part of any SU teams on his private jet or fraternizing. I hope the university compliance department has crossed all their T’s and dotted all their I’s.
One five star can change a program TBH.

I mean isn’t this exactly what we asked for? Lol. We were so worried to get left in the dust with this NIL stuff, but now we don’t like it? Idk. Until the government comes in and regulates this - we need to use individuals like Adam to make our teams great. I’m all for it as long as the plan is ironed out legally. Eventually something will have to give, but until then, either join them or get left in the dust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom