NIT | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NIT

Some of these NiT teams are not a draw nobody cares about Long Beach State I’m so pissed
Just stop. You don't even know the rules. Long Beach St was an automatic bid for winning their conference regular season. BEING A DRAW IS NOT THE ONLY CRITERIA.. HELLOOOOO!!!

We aren’t playing in the CBI.

Jim Boeheim has done an excellent job for 46 years.

No complaining we didn’t make the postseason this year.

Just hope he makes changes to how things have been done the last couple of years.
Crazy ego man said this was his best season. He ain’t making any changes. He’s literally steering the Titanic through a sea of icebergs.

I'm fine with no tournament, I mean there are more important things going, like this very second, in the world and the diversion of sports is kind of hollow at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teams that won regular season, lost conference tourney for auto NIT bids:

Long Beach St.
Towson
North Texas
Cleveland St.
Princeton
Iona
Toledo
Northern Illinois
Nicholls
Alcorn State
Texas State

That seems really high.

Does jb want his 1000 win to be a nit game. That sounds embarassing.

I'm fine with no tournament, I mean there are more important things going, like this very second, in the world and the diversion of sports is kind of hallow at this point.
Ya cancel everything no fun for anyone.

Crazy ego man said this was his best season. He ain’t making any changes. He’s literally steering the Titanic through a sea of icebergs.
I am ready for change. I get what he was trying to say.
He enjoyed this season because he got to coach his 2 boys and he was being a father saying results didn’t matter.
JB is pissed we had a losing season.
It’s not going to be a legacy for his boys but it goes on ledger that he doesn’t have zero losing seasons.
Personally I don’t care if we have one down season if we get back to being relevant season long on the college basketball landscape.

We have coasted.
It’s why i am ready for hope and change.
JB played his kids too much. He coached them different and gave them too much rope but this chapter is over now.

The kids should move on from playint here and we should build a new roster.

Some of these NiT teams are not a draw nobody cares about Long Beach State I’m so pissed

Long Beach St got an auto bid as the regular season winner of the Big West, since they lost in their conference tourney.

The fact that the NIT volunarily decided to give some automatic NIT bids to small conference schools and reduce the at large pool should indicate that they don't see that much money in a field full of middling P5 schools.

Does jb want his 1000 win to be a nit game. That sounds embarassing.
No. Much better against Marathon Oil. Actually, I don't think anyone is celebrating 1000 (Part Deux). But maybe the NCAA will reconsider the 101 this summer and we can all celebrate 1100.

Reactions: cto
We aren’t playing in the CBI.

Jim Boeheim has done an excellent job for 46 years.

No complaining we didn’t make the postseason this year.

Just hope he makes changes to how things have been done the last couple of years.
The familial blind spots are likely gone so that should help.

Not to mention the story lines associated with each Cuse game which will not only help live attendance, but also TV ratings.

The potential for each game SU plays to be the last game in JB’s long run and the potential for JB to get the winning season streak back on track.
Nobody watches the NIT. Nobody outside of Syracuse cares about the winning season streak.

BTW we didn’t have a losing season.

We won 2 exhibitions.
Final record 18-17.
Yes, 2 wins don’t count for NCAA records but the 2021-2022 basketball team has won more basketball games than they lost.

19-14 > 16-17

It's obviously the dirty Nike money that bought off the committee!!

Oregon

1647222158529.png

Syracuse

1647222188390.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online