Class of 2014 - NLI received | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 NLI received

We could have had Wilbon on campus if we wanted. After Erv committed we didn't recruit a single rb.

I stand by what I said about it being a surprise if he doesn't qualify. Nothing that I have heard would contradict that.

Yeah and I seem to recall last year folks that went on and on that Brisly was never going to make it. Maybe we should just wait and see.

Agreed, unless there is a need down the road and he may make a move, but I think he is our future starting SS.

i'm not sure why everyone thinks Naes will ever play RB at Syracuse? They don't recruit kids at a position just to move them if there is a need. If the staff felt he would fit into their system as a RB they would have recruited him as such. He's needs to get reps at the position he will play. Moving him around would just slow his development. Plus imo he is a far better prospect at SS.

We could have had Wilbon on campus if we wanted. After Erv committed we didn't recruit a single rb.

I stand by what I said about it being a surprise if he doesn't qualify. Nothing that I have heard would contradict that.

Wilbon was going to be tough to flip, not saying we couldn't have done it but I think that played into the staffs decision to back off. Not doubting your sources at all on this as I know you got the goods ;).

I agree, Ano. I think Erv is in better shape than a couple other recruits. Fingers crossed, but we're bound to see attrition in this yr's class somewhere.

Yeah and I seem to recall last year folks that went on and on that Brisly was never going to make it. Maybe we should just wait and see.

Big difference between the two. Erv in an article this fall acknowledged he was behind in qualifying and that he had a lot of work to do. Also we have some board members who are really clued into Conn football who have indicated its going to be close.

BfuDQ7FCUAAwRQ4.jpg

Big difference between the two. Erv in an article this fall acknowledged he was behind in qualifying and that he had a lot of work to do. Also we have some board members who are really clued into Conn football who have indicated its going to be close.

Yes. I remember the Cohen article very well... still don't understand how he was allowed to sit in and see a kids grades. All I am saying is maybe we just need to wait and see.. besides I have faith in Anos' info.

i'm not sure why everyone thinks Naes will ever play RB at Syracuse? They don't recruit kids at a position just to move them if there is a need. If the staff felt he would fit into their system as a RB they would have recruited him as such. He's needs to get reps at the position he will play. Moving him around would just slow his development. Plus imo he is a far better prospect at SS.
Guess thats why Thompson was recruited as a tight end, or was that defensive end, or defensive tackle! Just saying, kids will do what they have to see the field.

Guess thats why Thompson was recruited as a tight end, or was that defensive end, or defensive tackle! Just saying, kids will do what they have to see the field.

do you really think it's the kids decision?

Yes. I remember the Cohen article very well... still don't understand how he was allowed to sit in and see a kids grades. All I am saying is maybe we just need to wait and see.. besides I have faith in Anos' info.

Just to clarify I am not saying hes going to fail to qualify. Just putting it out there that he "could" fail to qualify based on what I know and have heard. No one respects Andos info more then myself he certainly has the goods we just disagree on whether or not him not qualifying would be a surprise.

Next up, Mr. Ward. Presser should be in progress.

So, with Samuels in the fold, is Ward last question mark we have open with this class?

Any others?

So, with Samuels in the fold, is Ward last question mark we have open with this class?

Any others?

Ward is the last known commit. If we get another it would definitely be a pleasant surprise

do you really think it's the kids decision?
No, I agree, Coaches all the way. But if I remember correctly, it was Thompson that came forward and offered his services up for the hole we had on the D-Line. I agree, he is a saftey all the way, unless for some reason we have a need and he comes forward and Coaches make the move. Not an imposibility, but agree, unlikely in his case. But never say never, and we have seen so many kids in recent years step up and make a change.

anomander post: 925741 said:
Ward is the last known commit. If we get another it would definitely be a pleasant surprise

Is Slaytons loi In?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom