No Fans appear to be happy in the ACC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No Fans appear to be happy in the ACC

But Allen Griffin didn’t play in the nba despite all that thriving. in fact per his bio, “Griffin played professionally in Slovania for one season“ and probably made the same as that Chilean league you mocked. Maybe Kadary didn’t want Griffins basketball career and felt the best way to get noticed by the NBA was elsewhere.

maybe it will be wrong.

I see no need to coddle these young men...let them make mistakes and grow on their own.
No coddle? I would think that coddling would now be one of the primary responsibilities of a head coach to keep talents (like Kadary) in the program.

Players also get pushed out. Let’s be real coaches show “dead weight” out the door

My point is comparing coaches to player in college isn't like the NBA. Coaches move for career opportunities, or like Shaka to stay one step ahead of the grim reaper. Players are compensated with tuition, room and board, some grants, etc. Which for most kids who aren't going pro is a pretty good deal.

It's all going to burn anyway.

My point is comparing coaches to player in college isn't like the NBA. Coaches move for career opportunities, or like Shaka to stay one step ahead of the grim reaper. Players are compensated with tuition, room and board, some grants, etc. Which for most kids who aren't going pro is a pretty good deal.

It's all going to burn anyway.
Coaches get compensated at thier schools too. They get free cars and free tickets and other benefits. The money players make the school is greater then what the coach does

what’s that have to do with him being entitled? Beard didn’t want to face challenges. He was only looking out for himself.

..and you are right about the college b-ball players...This isn’t even their actual career. Everything they are able to do and show on the court absolutely doesn’t directly affect any possible income they are able to receive in the future. They should be thankful for any opportunity and overcome any obstacles...just like Beard

It's a job, he got a better one. The players are students with finite eligibility. It's not the same thing.

Coaches get compensated at thier schools too. They get free cars and free tickets and other benefits. The money players make the school is greater then what the coach does

No it isn't. If JB got sacked back in 92 during probation and we hired Tom Penders and a cast of characters since that didn't do as a good a job those big crowds and TV ratings don't happen.

Which would lead me to believe we’re going to see some pretty strong lower and mid majors with a group of 6th year seniors leading the way
I think very few kids want to be in college for six years. Most want to get out and work.

But Allen Griffin didn’t play in the nba despite all that thriving. in fact per his bio, “Griffin played professionally in Slovania for one season“ and probably made the same as that Chilean league you mocked. Maybe Kadary didn’t want Griffins basketball career and felt the best way to get noticed by the NBA was elsewhere.

maybe it will be wrong.

I see no need to coddle these young men...let them make mistakes and grow on their own.
There is still a baseline of talent to get a sniff of the NBA. That JB wins with guys like Griffen,Triche, Rautins ,Devo, etc is actually pretty amazing. He is such a good coach that fans think those guys should be NBA players, and they never were.

Last edited:
There is still a baseline of talent to get a sniff of the NBA. That JB wins with guys like Griffey, Teich, Rautins ,Devo, etc is actually pretty amazing. He is such a good coach that fans think those guys should be NBA players, and they never were.

absolutely...my comment was less about JB and Griffin and more about the theory that someone might think they would have a better chance at getting an nba look elsewhere for whatever reason

Because guys in Beard‘s generation are coddled and babied. They run away from challenges and go for the easy money and the easy way out. They don’t want to have to work hard at a Texas Tech to finally achieve their dreams. They want to be a small fish in a big pond.

...oh I’m sorry, he’s 48
Well played.

I think 300-400 of the players in the portal will either not find a new school or will have to settle for a lesser school than the one they left. With the extra year seniors have and with freshmen coming in there is only so many spots. Coaches don’t want a roster of 15 players.

College hoops is going to become which coaches work the system to get players the hardest.

Coaching will matter with teams that assemble talent.
It's essentially turning into an extension of prep school/AAU hoops with players just moving around to whatever situation they perceive will benefit their basketball careers.

What are Duke fans upset about?

They still have their HOF coach while their main rival is searching for a coach and replacements for their frontcourt.

They have 4x 5 stars coming in. Still currently have Mark Williams and Hurt, and some other solid pieces.

poor them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom