Noel in home visits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Noel in home visits

Are we all forgetting one major stumbling block? And I am not talking about Fine. What does the NCAA do to SU on the Drug teasting issue? Granted, if Noel is at SU, the NCAA will be in a pickle somewhat, but worse case definitley loss of scholarships and/or ban on post season, not likely but possible
When experts on NCAA regulations say they can't imagine that the NCAA will even investigate this, there isn't a lot of worry about. Yahoo took a major credibility hit with that story.

When experts on NCAA regulations say they can't imagine that the NCAA will even investigate this, there isn't a lot of worry about. Yahoo took a major credibility hit with that story.

Agreed, after SU came out and said they self reported it years ago and it was followed up by the actual Date by the NCAA the story disappeared.

I think this is one of those recruitments where it may become more important to have the last verbal than the last in home.
your saying he verbals to UK and then tells SU the next day?

Yeah, but their game is not in Boston like ours. Much more convenient to slip out for a few hours and close a deal... :)

Lets hope its not redux of the Tobias Harris - BET commitment.

your saying he verbals to UK and then tells SU the next day?

Saying he can't sign until April 11th. If we get a verbal; with Calimari out there and everything else that seems to be swirling around this kid, i won't feel good about it until he signs the LOI.

Saying he can't sign until April 11th. If we get a verbal; with Calimari out there and everything else that seems to be swirling around this kid, i won't feel good about it until he signs the LOI.
ok.

We all think Noel's decision hinges on Fab leaving. It may be more about Dion leaving. MCW being on the court with him all game long may be the real draw for Syracuse. Additionally, MCW has shown a willingness and talent to get the ball to the bigs. Dion's next post feed will set a new career high for him.

We all think Noel's decision hinges on Fab leaving. It may be more about Dion leaving. MCW being on the court with him all game long may be the real draw for Syracuse. Additionally, MCW has shown a willingness and talent to get the ball to the bigs. Dion's next post feed will set a new career high for him.
Would you rather have Dion or Noel next year?

There is a new ESPN article where he talks to Telep about his final three. You have to like what he says about Syracuse. And have to assume his mom would like the stuff he says about it being like home and family, too.

There is a new ESPN article where he talks to Telep about his final three. You have to like what he says about Syracuse. And have to assume his mom would like the stuff he says about it being like home and family, too.
So the timeline im hearing is UK today, Cuse tomorrow, sit down with his mom and possible decision by Wednesday?

Lets hopehe waits until saturday and than celebrates with the team going to tne final 4

Noel. I've totally bought into the hype on this kid.

Can u share some of the points from the article

So the timeline im hearing is UK today, Cuse tomorrow, sit down with his mom and possible decision by Wednesday?
says he wants to get it out of the way but nothing of a timetable of this week. Judging by what he said about each program its clearly between UK and 'Cuse. No real shocker there.

But what he does say about syracuse: "Then there's Syracuse . Noels always been fond of the Orange 'Syracuse has a great traditions. Whenever I go there it's a family thing and I like Boeheim and Hopkins a lot. Playing with Mike Carter -Williams again would be real good. They Do a great job of explaining the place."'

I like the positive feelings, but agree, an LOI would be great. Would even like to see Noel be the first to wear the No. 44 again! Wishful thinking.....

Great question. Even without either of them, we look pretty good at both the big positions and at guard. Dion certainly brings a dribble drive capability that the others don't, and he has a big 'it' factor on both sides of the ball. I see Noel as a potential uberRak, same skill set but probably better. However, Noel gives us the possibility of an A Davis type impact, so I'll go with him.

I would go with Dion for the team. Next year there seems to be a lack of an isolation, dribble drive player on offense. Also, there may be a little weakness in ball handling. MCW is a big guard with what looks to be kind of a high dribble. Brandon got stripped at midcourt against KState, and I am still holding that grudge, and WhiteHot is untested but is known for his sweet stroke, not ball handling.

SU's bigs of DC2, and emerging Rak, and hopefully a stronger BMK does not seem bad. Scoring will need to come from CJ and Dirty. I don't expect much offensive output from Noel. I'm not even sure what position he will play because of DC2. Normally you would want Noel's defensive presence in the middle but DC2 doesn't seem like a PF. JB is going to have to do some managing.

For next year ball handling and isolation break downs could be the bigger need.

Of course, I don't think we get to choose. Dion is gone. Looks like we're going to be stuck with Noel. And I believe Dion's being here has little, if anything, to do with his decision. MCW will see time next year. MCW is taking Scoops pg spot. If Dion stays, Cooney gets a lot less minutes.

I would go with Dion for the team. Next year there seems to be a lack of an isolation, dribble drive player on offense. Also, there may be a little weakness in ball handling. MCW is a big guard with what looks to be kind of a high dribble. Brandon got stripped at midcourt against KState, and I am still holding that grudge, and WhiteHot is untested but is known for his sweet stroke, not ball handling.

SU's bigs of DC2, and emerging Rak, and hopefully a stronger BMK does not seem bad. Scoring will need to come from CJ and Dirty. I don't expect much offensive output from Noel. I'm not even sure what position he will play because of DC2. Normally you would want Noel's defensive presence in the middle but DC2 doesn't seem like a PF. JB is going to have to do some managing.

For next year ball handling and isolation break downs could be the bigger need.

Of course, I don't think we get to choose. Dion is gone. Looks like we're going to be stuck with Noel. And I believe Dion's being here has little, if anything, to do with his decision. MCW will see time next year. MCW is taking Scoops pg spot. If Dion stays, Cooney gets a lot less minutes.
We will have way better 3 point shooting though.

Love Dion, but I would take one of the best recruits in past 10 years over him. Not a dis on Dion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom