Noel to 2012 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

How do you "reclassify"? Does this mean he'll be graduating early?

How do you "reclassify"? Does this mean he'll be graduating early?
from the ESPN article it seems he moved down because of an injury but thinks he is ready now and will graduate this year

About having lots of talent inside minimizing our chances. I thought the same thing with DJC but look what he did. anything could happen.

Imagine Noel's help D from the weakside and his length on the wing of the zone. He is a special player and one who was built to play in our zone. I've been so excited to see this guy in Orange, biggest recruit and opportunity since Carmelo. I'm hoping the modest pace of Rak's development and the seemingly high accademic hurdles for Melo to return next year will be enough for him to see orange. Immagine our future all star PG MCW dishing to his old friend for power slams.

It would start SU's golden age if he comes here!

Kentucky will be the USC of basketball it's just a matter of time.
They already have been with Eddie Sutton and Chris Mills. I know what you mean though. Even given our bias, one would think anybody responsible in the NCAA eligibility/enforcement wing would look at anywhere Calipari goes as a toxic brew. He is the modern day Tarkanian.

About having lots of talent inside minimizing our chances. I thought the same thing with DJC but look what he did. anything could happen.

Imagine Noel's help D from the weakside and his length on the wing of the zone. He is a special player and one who was built to play in our zone. I've been so excited to see this guy in Orange, biggest recruit and opportunity since Carmelo. I'm hoping the modest pace of Rak's development and the seemingly high accademic hurdles for Melo to return next year will be enough for him to see orange. Immagine our future all star PG MCW dishing to his old friend for power slams.

It would be SU's start of the golden age if he comes here!
The Kentucky's and North Carolina's never seem to have problems with recruits being scared away because of the talent jam ahead of them. That level of recruit thinks he is the next Wilt, Oscar or Jordan.

They already have been with Eddie Sutton and Chris Mills. I know what you mean though. Even given our bias, one would think anybody responsible in the NCAA eligibility/enforcement wing would look at anywhere Calipari goes as a toxic brew. He is the modern day Tarkanian.
it's only a matter of time. I cannot believe some of the stuff they get away with.

Nerlens is the next Ben Wallace with an offensive game. Tie in the hair department, though.

The Kentucky's and North Carolina's never seem to have problems with recruits being scared away because of the talent jam ahead of them. That level of recruit thinks he is the next Wilt, Oscar or Jordan.

I agree and your right! He is the next Bill Russell.

Hey Noel, immagine the opportunity to spend a year practicing against possible future professionals in your one year of college ball. UK won't be able to offer this, also at SU there won't be irrational pressure to carry the team offensively. If I'm Hop this is exactly my pitch, what's gonna get him ready for the league like SU's deep, experienced & talented bench.

248720_887591442882_41100084_41943497_5478165_n_3__normal.jpg
EvanDanielscout Evan Daniels

Syracuse has Fab Melo now. Plus Dajuan Coleman in '12. Hard to believe a third C would go there. Like Kentucky's chances here.

With all that said about Syracuse, I do think they have some factors/advantages that could help them. There are strong ties to program.

Wait, so when is the last day that he has to decide by? Before or after the draft? If Fab announces he is entering the draft in March that will help our chances with Noel big time.

Syracuse has Fab Melo now. Plus Dajuan Coleman in '12. Hard to believe a third C would go there. Like Kentucky's chances here.
With all that said about Syracuse, I do think they have some factors/advantages that could help them. There are strong ties to program.
Now if Fab goes pro, those tweets seem to paint us in a pretty positive light ;)

January 23, 2012 at the 40 second mark

How quickly things change in a little over a weeks time

I think there could be something to the idea of Fab leaving, not necessarily because he's already good enough to go to the NBA (I'm not convinced just yet) but perhaps due to cultural factors leading him to play professionally in Brazil or overseas.

Still, based on what many national writers are saying, Noel is the kind of player for whom you find playing time if he's the least bit interested in playing for you. I don't think SU would be 1 or 1a if the staff didn't think they could make it work down the line.

Just hope the staff is talking to him, unless it's the quiet period, in which case his line will be busy anyways with Cal on the line.

I think UK and UNC are the ones to watch out for here. UK with Davis leaving, and UNC with Zeller. Both looking to fill a big void, and we are just trying to be selfish collecting all these big men ;) we really can't complain if he doesn't come here

we really can't complain if he doesn't come here

I think that's what I like most about SU being involved, from a fan's perspective. If they miss, the future still looks good, and if they nab him, it's an embarrassment of riches. It's a nice departure from having to sweat it out for someone who plays a position of need.

He could be the first Noel teamed with Christmas. I can't imagine what would be next.

Davis gone (along with 4 others ... so Calamari expects) ... Noel in. He will be another Calapari one-and-done.

If we get him then...

Fabricio de Melo - 7'0 244

Nerlens Noel - 6'10 215

Baye Moussa Keita - 6'10 215

DaJuan Coleman - 6'9 275

Rakeem Christmas - 6'9 222

:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95