Noel to 2012 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

I don't understand how people don't see that the timing of this as a great thing for SU. He was quoted recently saying he probably wouldn't reclassify and what has changed since then. It has become pretty clear that Fab will not be back that is what has changed. It has become pretty clear how much better we are with a shot blocking center as well.

I don't think anyone is pushing Fab out the door but it seems with the academic issues he is planning on heading out the door. I belive JB said a while ago that Fab and Dion are probbaly gone.
He also said he was visiting during the uconn game. And he may visit other schools. Sounds like a commits very soon.

I have heard guys like Biancardi, Fraschilla, Vitale, etc. say that Noel is the best shotblocker and defensive C they have seen since Oden.

isnt that a violation? would be cooler to get the entire student section to sing the frist Noel.

..Oden has had a great NBA career...so has Thiebelt (sp)....at this point he is a nice to have but not a killer if we dont get him...

isnt that a violation? would be cooler to get the entire student section to sing the frist Noel.
if it is thats stupid. The NCAA can't legislate against what students not affiliated with a program say. How would you stop that?

Nerlens Noel,
to Syracuse came,
He blocked shots and rebounded to great acclaim.

Nerlens Noel
he anchors our zone
opponents shots,
he sends them back home.

Nerlens Noel
Nerlens Noel
Tell UK and UCONN
To go straight to hell.

Just a quick try.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

So we will have a front court of Noel, Christmas and COALman.

I think we need a guard more considering Waiters is more likely to leave. If Waiters stays we should be fine. 2013 we need guards as right now MCW and Cooney would be our only two legitimate guards w/ Southerland leaving as well.

Student section??? Why not all 30k??? I totally agree the crowd should be all over that!

The first Noel,
to Syracuse came,
He blocked shots and rebounded to great acclaim.

The first Noel
he anchors our zone
opponents shots,
he sends them back home.

Noel, Noel
Noel, Noel
Tell Jim and Cal
To go straight to hell.

Just a quick try.

This is a little weird and why would we want him to tell our coach to go to hell?

if it is thats stupid. The NCAA can't legislate against what students not affiliated with a program say. How would you stop that?

Dorial Green-Beckham attended a Missouri basketball game and the student section chanted his initials. The NCAA comes down on big orchestrated signs and things like that - and I agree that it's pretty silly that a school could get in some hot water over it - but I think chants are ok.

This is a little weird and why would we want him to tell our coach to go to hell?
Jim C. But I thought of that after and edited it.

Providence!? Just stop... Seems to be between Cuse and UK. UCONN seems a distant third from what i've been reading.

FriarFrenzy Welcome to Friartown
@ EvanDanielscout: 'Cuse, UK & maybe Providence RT @ ICodyWebb: who do you believe to be the leader for Noel?” # pcbb

I wouldn't discount Providence so quickly. Cooley seems like a guy kids want to play for, he already has a top 15 recruiting class for next year, including Ricardo Ledo who is likely knows Noel via AAU stuff or New England stuff, and they announced Sidiki Johnson who was a top 100 prospect from last year is leaving Arizona to go to Providence. If he's good friends with Ledo (who they say is a one-and-done), he's going to consider that school as a one year stopoff.

I'd love for him to end up at SU, but I just don't see how you sell the #1 prospect on coming to SU to fight for PT with Fab, Rakeem, Coleman, and Keita. If he wants serious PT, he's not signing.

And I'd hate to see him at Kentucky. Go to Arizona or somewhere far if you're not coming to the Cuse.

Kev

RE:Oden. The point is that Oden had a serious D reputation coming into OSU and he backed it up his one year at OSU. 16 pts/10 reb/3.3 blocks in 29 min. Championship game appearance. Not too shabby before the injuries set in. The new standard to live up to will be Anthony Davis. What he is doing at UK is pretty remarkable on the D end.

..Oden has had a great NBA career...so has Thiebelt (sp)....at this point he is a nice to have but not a killer if we dont get him...
I hope you're being sarcastic.

From everything ive seem Drummond and Davis are 1-2 this year.

Melo is borderline top 25.

That's what is so curious about this. Fab's not even a lock for a guaranteed contract. People in the know consider him as good as gone, but that seems a risky decision.

I don't understand how people don't see that the timing of this as a great thing for SU. He was quoted recently saying he probably wouldn't reclassify and what has changed since then. It has become pretty clear that Fab will not be back that is what has changed. It has become pretty clear how much better we are with a shot blocking center as well.

I don't think anyone is pushing Fab out the door but it seems with the academic issues he is planning on heading out the door. I belive JB said a while ago that Fab and Dion are probbaly gone.

Don't forget the university probation for the angry incident with his (former?) girlfriend's car.

I wouldn't discount Providence so quickly. Cooley seems like a guy kids want to play for, he already has a top 15 recruiting class for next year, including Ricardo Ledo who is likely knows Noel via AAU stuff or New England stuff, and they announced Sidiki Johnson who was a top 100 prospect from last year is leaving Arizona to go to Providence. If he's good friends with Ledo (who they say is a one-and-done), he's going to consider that school as a one year stopoff.

I'd love for him to end up at SU, but I just don't see how you sell the #1 prospect on coming to SU to fight for PT with Fab, Rakeem, Coleman, and Keita. If he wants serious PT, he's not signing.

And I'd hate to see him at Kentucky. Go to Arizona or somewhere far if you're not coming to the Cuse.

Kev
Thanks Mr. McNamara Its Cuse or Kentucky. If Noel comes here he gets minutes you adjust your team for #1 picks in the entire draft.

Makes me a little uncomfortable all the people saying they'd be ok with FAB leaving in order to make room for Noel. I know he is a stud, but a high school big man's ability doesn't always translate to the next level immediately. A lot of 5 star big men have Melo like Frosh years, so lets not be too quick to give up the bird in hand for the one in the bush. Next year if Melo is here and follows a normal level of progress and development his defense and shot blocking will likely be close enough to what we would get from Noel to make it a relative push, but my guess is that his offensive ability (as a third year collegian) will far exceed Noel's.

If Melo is leaving because he determines that he wants to enter the draft or he can't maintain his academic eligibility then Noel is the replacement I want. Alternatively, if there is a way to add Noel to that rotation and keep everyone happy, I'm all for that too, but I'm not ready to trade Melo for Noel if Melo can and wants to be here next year.

They'll be the same people who call Noel a bust when he gets yanked 17 seconds into the game for not playing defense or missing a rebound.

People don't get it - the 2-3 zone is a difficult defense to learn. College basketball is more difficult than high school. Freshman bigs don't come to Syracuse and have all-conference seasons. These things take time.

We've got an athletic 7'0" center with great passing skills who is on the verge (after almost 60 games) of becoming a very good college player. And people are wishing him away. Unbelievable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom