Noel to 2012 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Noel to 2012

Dorial Green-Beckham attended a Missouri basketball game and the student section chanted his initials. The NCAA comes down on big orchestrated signs and things like that - and I agree that it's pretty silly that a school could get in some hot water over it - but I think chants are ok.

Tennessee painted a rock for Tobias Harris and I think that was fine by the NCAA...

Sick the entire "front row" on this mission. What number does Noel wear? Have an Orange Jersey in his number without his name.

Could we play with this lineup

MCW/Triche
Fair
Xmas
DC2
Noel

or

MCW/Triche
Xmas
DC2
Noel
Baye

or, may fav!

MCW/Triche
Xmas
DC2
Noel
FABRICIO

Could we play with this lineup

MCW/Triche
Fair
Xmas
DC2
Noel

or

MCW/Triche
Xmas
DC2
Noel
Baye

or, may fav!

MCW/Triche
Xmas
DC2
Noel
FABRICIO
that last one would be the steel curtain.

I would play this lineup:

PG: Coleman, appears to have good handle.
SG: Rak, dude can really stroke it.
SF: Baye, the long arm of the law on the weakside.
PF: Nerlens, think DC with a better haircut
C: Fabulous, who needs grades?

Assuming UK still has Cal and isn't caught doing anything shady they are the likely favorites. Everyone at UK but Wiltijer and maybe Teague is likely gone to the NBA after this year or graduating. They need players and have playing time everywhere available.

I wouldn't count Providence out. They have a very solid (top 10 at least) class next year with Ledo, Dunn and Fortune. Not to mention they have some solid pieces coming back next year. Their backcourt could be very good with Ledo, Dunn, Fortune, Cotton, Coleman and Council at the 1-3. That is deep and talent laden backcourt, on paper. The frontcourt is their big hole, but Henton is a good energy player. Noel coming to Providence would make them a dangerous team (assuming Cooley can actually coach and Ledo qualifies) and hide their other bigs weaknesses.

I would think this minute Cuse is third. I would say a close second to UK if Melo leaves. Cuse's main issue right now is obviously playing time with the bevy of experienced post players Melo/Keita/Christmas/Southerland and DC coming in.

UConn is probably fourth in the running for Noel, right now and a distant fourth at that. Even if (and purely theoretical here) Noel liked UConn #1 and wanted to go to UConn it would be difficult and would depend on 3 things: scholarships, who goes pro (considering how this year is progressing, no UConn player is guaranteed to leave) and NCAAT eligibility. UConn as it stands needs either the NCAA to give back a scholarship (one lost to APR, considering the APR the past year and assumed this year UConn can ask for it back based on progress) or have someone leave. If Noel were to come, they would need both APR scholarships back or two people to leave.

If we get him then...

Fabricio de Melo - 7'0 244

Nerlens Noel - 6'10 215

Baye Moussa Keita - 6'10 215

DaJuan Coleman - 6'9 275

Rakeem Christmas - 6'9 222

:eek:

I would love to see all of them on the court at the same time. You know, just to see the shear size of that line-up versus an average team. :eek:

I would love to see all of them on the court at the same time. You know, just to see the shear size of that line-up versus an average team. :eek:
late in the game offense/defense subs

like that last possession against WVU

Just saw an article on NBC Sports that Noel is reclassifying to class of 2012. The article says Noel has already set up some visits and will be at Syracuse Feb.11. That's the same game that Ennis is attending. Can anyone confirm?

Has Noel visited any other school twice? Or have a plan to at least?

I never cease to be amused by how much these recruiting threads read like Greek to me.

Most students in the section won't know who this is.

Can we get the whole front row of the student section to order these and wear them for the game? Maybe Boeheim could toss one on, too. Wouldn't be a violation, right???

63803.jpg
BoeheimNoel.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom