North Carolina Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Game Thread...

i believe the mighty quint actually may have had a case when he called late game for putting a long pole on reefer rather than say evans. also second guessing soloman on the front porch late is a futile exercise. the clock is in your head . he made a great play that should have iced it but the goalie made a great stop. all is forgiven. life is good. go cuse.

Last edited:
This reminds me a lot of that game we lost down in Charlottesville when Steele Stanwick illegally advanced the ball 30 yards on a restart, leading directly to the deciding goal. Quint acknowledged that it was illegal & a missed call but also lauded Stanwick as "heady" & "savvy" for attempting/getting away with it. I still don't see it but if he did use his hand, what a heady, savvy move by Gillis :)

Who is this ty xanders clown?
Former IL staff who left to start his own site, Recruiting Rundown.
(no title)

He's does a really great job covering HS & recruiting but does tend to be a bit anti-'Cuse (Baltimore native). I value his recruit rankings/coverage way more than IL. He gets to more events & providers much more extensive evaluations & write-ups

I heard him say it should've been a late hit or unnecessary roughness. Hey, at least he stopped speaking Spanish :rolleyes:
Cross check to the neck and head from behind Should have been bigger don't matter 60 minute game

what the hell. only got to see the 1st half, planned to watch replay of 2nd half on espn3. I go to watch it just now and their replay only goes until halftime.

what the hell. only got to see the 1st half, planned to watch replay of 2nd half on espn3. I go to watch it just now and their replay only goes until halftime.

full game is finally up.

Huge win for the team. To be down by 5 and come back to win it says a lot about team's character.

With that I am very concerned about this groups "on" and "off" personality. To win Memorial Day weekend we are going to have to bring the intenstity we showed inQ1 and Q4 of this game all four quarters. That's what champions do. No let up.

And a special shout out to UNC #77. You're a punk for talking trash all game. You lose.

Huge win for the team. To be down by 5 and come back to win it says a lot about team's character.

With that I am very concerned about this groups "on" and "off" personality. To win Memorial Day weekend we are going to have to bring the intenstity we showed inQ1 and Q4 of this game all four quarters. That's what champions do. No let up.

And a special shout out to UNC #77. You're a punk for talking trash all game. You lose.
I was surprised he didn't get a flag for standing over Molloy & taunting him after scoring. Only a freshman. Canadian box player from Hill Academy.

CuseNation took over Fetzer today. There were times where the Orange were twice as loud as the Heels.
IMG_0182.JPG

Who did firman and bomberry draw on defense?

Firman had Goldstock, only gave up 1 goal as the second goal he got we were in some sort of weird zone. He did an excellent job as usual. UNC did a good job on our short sticks and against Cunningham in the 2nd and third quarters, thats where they did most of there damage. Bomberry had Cloutier.

Doesn't Rehfuss play attack? Why would you move him to 2nd line and bump the kid that currently gets guarded by the LSM? Wouldn't the thought be to move Carlin or Simmons who draw the SSDM?

Rehfuss should replace Bomberry or Evans if teams are going to double pole the 1st mid line

I think he was confused, as I noted to him at the time, Rehfuss replacing Lane would make no sense. I thought the second was fairly active today especially in the first half. They need more of a dodging threat though. I would flip Carlin and O'reilly and let him run around for a while and alley dodge. Lane had a nice shot on the move in the first, need him to remain agressive and continue to dodge and be a playmaker on that second line. Wouldnt mind seeing Dearth and O'Reilly rotating in on the second line with those guys to create a mixed second line. Third line had a few runs but I don't think Romano is ready for primetime yet, he looks way over his head. Will be interesting to see if Westin and Forkin come back for 5th years (assuming no med red-shirt for Forkin) could be a totally reveamped second mid line next year. I assume Bomberry will be moved back to middie giving you two starters in Bomberry and Trimbo with the third spot wide open. Lucas Quinn could be a dark horse candidate there.

I have posted about this kid before but the bench assistant/water tecnician for Cuse really gets after it after a close win, goes ape most of the time like he won the game himself, he's Pushing himself to legendary status right now! Give the kid the 22!

Is swear Im going to do a compilation video of his cellys after games!

Anyone know who he is! I'm getting on the research train! The kids going to be famous!

Orange shirt below:

Loving the water boy going Ape Shh on this one!

Thoughts:
Simmons is an unsung hero he never gets written about but has scored some important ones along the way this year, great to see the family legacy continue, he really holds himself accountable!

24 Hutchings and 26 Sullivan really aren't cutting it at SSDM but a nice break for Gilly and Cifferri

O'Sullivan isn't afraid to shoot should be a good one going forward, great speed and dodging ability!

Helmer played well but a little over aggressive but made some plays.

Bomberry and Firman played very well, Molloy made some saves he shouldn't but let a couple of softys in!

Cifferi should have won the Touch Yourself Award yesterday and I think should win the John McElroy trophy at the end of the year.

Coaches did a great job of running 3rd liners in early to save the top tier form the heat.

We beat the refs as well yesterday some horrible calls

Salcido wow what a story this kid is!

Great fun to watch!

I have posted about this kid before but the bench assistant/water tecnician for Cuse really gets after it after a close win, goes ape most of the time like he won the game himself, he's Pushing himself to legendary status right now! Give the kid the 22!

Is swear Im going to do a compilation video of his cellys after games!

Anyone know who he is! I'm getting on the research train! The kids going to be famous!

Orange shirt below:

Hahah, reminds me of the red haired, FSU football ball boy from a couple seasons ago

Doesn't Rehfuss play attack? Why would you move him to 2nd line and bump the kid that currently gets guarded by the LSM? Wouldn't the thought be to move Carlin or Simmons who draw the SSDM?

Rehfuss should replace Bomberry or Evans if teams are going to double pole the 1st mid line

I think he was confused, as I noted to him at the time, Rehfuss replacing Lane would make no sense. I thought the second was fairly active today especially in the first half. They need more of a dodging threat though. I would flip Carlin and O'reilly and let him run around for a while and alley dodge. Lane had a nice shot on the move in the first, need him to remain agressive and continue to dodge and be a playmaker on that second line. Wouldnt mind seeing Dearth and O'Reilly rotating in on the second line with those guys to create a mixed second line. Third line had a few runs but I don't think Romano is ready for primetime yet, he looks way over his head. Will be interesting to see if Westin and Forkin come back for 5th years (assuming no med red-shirt for Forkin) could be a totally reveamped second mid line next year. I assume Bomberry will be moved back to middie giving you two starters in Bomberry and Trimbo with the third spot wide open. Lucas Quinn could be a dark horse candidate there.

I understand Rehfuss is an attackman I just think he is too talented to be only a backup attackman.

Talented players have always shifted between middie & attack to maximize the talent on the field. (Mariano, Marasco, etc)

Lane plays tentatively in 6v6 and man up. He doesn't have the ability to impose his will in either scenario. Rehfuss comes in for that momentum swinging stretch in the fourth and scores or assists on 3 consecutive goals.

Rehfuss has the size & speed to be a threat anywhere on offense. If he'd get additional opportunity running a few middie shifts then so be it. Just get the kid out there because he's lethal against a shorty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom