North Carolina Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Game Thread...

This is okay. It won't hurt us. I think everybody knows that the ACC tournament was started to improve all of its teams RPI and ensure that all of its teams made the big tournament. The game wasn't fixed, but the ACC is happy with the outcome. The last two years SU won the ACC and didn't get to Memorial Day. I will take the reversal of both.

Couple of points
- disallowed goal just before halftime was brutal, one official wound his arm to signal start play, ref nearest the ball called it back. Poor mechanics by refs cost SU a goal
- Slash on Fusco(?) 1st half which nearly took his arm off no call... smh
- Possession call at bench where ball deflected off 2 UNC players but refs gave them possession. Bizarre call
- Over and back UNC where SU were called offside, after ball went over halfway SU did put foot online (which is offside) but I believe the ball was dead as Over & Back, if it wasn't then correct call
- lost count of number of hustle plays in second half where SU were ready to go with a numbers advantage on quick restart only for refs to pull them back and wait for whistle

Overall - "it was a game of 2 halves!" Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

I much prefer Mr Hyde, unleash the beast, play aggressive and let the monster eat.

Now time for SU WLax in ACC Semi-Final vs Virginia

Let's Go Cuse!

Once Sergio veered to the sideline Desko should have called timeout. Only time not to is if he was a clear path to goal and able to shoot.

Proud of the second half effort, that showed a whole lot of heart.

There was only 5 seconds left, we had no choice but to play it out at that point, a restart there with 4 seconds or so is nearly impossible to score on.

There was only 5 seconds left, we had no choice but to play it out at that point, a restart there with 4 seconds or so is nearly impossible to score on.

Historically, SU has always let players decide the game in the last few seconds, win or lose,

let players make the play, take advantage of what is on the field.

8 wins and 2 losses in 10 one goal games

it didn't work this time but love the philosophy

Hypothetically, if ND loses tonight and Ohio St tomorrow, does Cuse keep top seed or does Denver grab it?

Historically, SU has always let players decide the game in the last few seconds, win or lose,

let players make the play, take advantage of what is on the field.

8 wins and 2 losses in 10 one goal games

it didn't work this time but love the philosophy

If there was some more time I would have been all for the timeout, just no way to call it there with that little time left. It took to long to get the ball in the box

I feel much better about our chances to get to Memorial Day with a loss this weekend --not that I like losing. Lots of good things to take out of this game, and many teachable moments. We are okay.

Quint will almost certainly say, "I told you so." He has been wrong about us every game since Army. Even a blind squirrel is right twice a day.

Agreed, last year SU won the AAC tournament but never made it to the FF. Then UNC won it all. Hopefully this will light a fire under them. As we know get hot at the right time & they can win it all.

For all the good stuff that happened in the second half you can not give up 15-16 goals and expect to win.

go to 1:06 mark on video and you can see Solomon looking at ref near halfway winding his arm

I forgot Goldstock landed with his hand in the crease before Cloutier scored low to high on the rebound 2nd Q

not that it matters now

Congratulations Tar Heels

WLax up 12-5 v UVA 12mins to go

Sorry couldn't disagree more, a potential #1 overall seed doesn't get down 7 goals to a 6-7 UNC team, this is really bad. Dumb decisions all around by the staff as well. No timeout, playing a zone which makes absolutely zero sense, and running Ben out there for draw after draw while hes getting beat like a drum. This is not a good sign

Like I said it's a long game.

If anyone's still up...

ND 7, Duke 6.

17 seconds left. Duke ball.

Bruckner hits pipe, and ND is on to the finals.

UNC needs the win, but an Irish win locks up #1 seed for them.

Maybe it'll rain?

If anyone's still up...

ND 7, Duke 6.

17 seconds left. Duke ball.

Bad loss for Duke, with Garnsey out and Perkovic clearly hurt you have to win that game. Duke now will be on the road in the tourney. Dont be surprised if there at albany in the 8/9 or 7/10 game.

Bad loss for Duke, with Garnsey out and Perkovic clearly hurt you have to win that game. Duke now will be on the road in the tourney. Dont be surprised if there at albany in the 8/9 or 7/10 game.

I'd like to avoid Scooby at Hempstead.

I dont see ND locking up the 1 seed if they beat unc. SU still holds the head to head win and 1 less loss.
Funny, you never hear Quint or anyone else mention the fact that 5/8 ND wins, including all 3 ACC wins & a W against a poor Marquette team, were by one goal. "How many times can they run out of a burning building unscathed?"

IMG_0903.PNG

Left for drinks and came back for ND/Duke 2nd half. Perk was clearly a decoy and nothing more. Didn't know of an injury but it was obvious something was off.

On a side note, the gentleman I believe to be his old man rivals Paduda's pops as the most intense parent in attendance.

Left for drinks and came back for ND/Duke 2nd half. Perk was clearly a decoy and nothing more. Didn't know of an injury but it was obvious something was off.

On a side note, the gentleman I believe to be his old man rivals Paduda's pops as the most intense parent in attendance.

Give ND credit for finding away to win that game without Garnsey and pretty much perkovic. Pretty brutal loss for duke, u need to win that game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom