North Carolina Gameday... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Gameday...

Our selection gave the unc goalie many easy saves. Not many bounce shots, many outside shots which are easier to save.
yes have taken some poor shots but our goalies just don’t make big saves at all krieg has n is very good goalie as he made some big saves one being on seabold on door stop but gavin guess to much in my eyes doesn’t explode to ball. Hey i’m happy with the play of team fought hard last two games and showed poised to a point but feel once again our goalies just can’t make even one big save when it matters .

I hope they make Caccamo walk home his botched clears to start and finish the game truly cost them the game So this comment is over the top it was meant to be legend has it though Petro made one of his teams run to Annapolis after a bad loss

Last edited:
I think Petro is a good d coach but d personnel just doesn't execute his slide packages , problably be better under Rogers simpler plan.Rather see Cuse lose being beat man to man than get beat on 2nd and 3rd slides . Gray was not losing Kennedy and he should never have switched off even if needed. Gray took advantage every single time he did.

also phuap has to come up with a faceoff their as both their guys are hurt and they won last 4 to end game . This team yes not great at times but think they shown the syracuse heart we loved and missed last few years. Think two more solid pieces on d one being a very good goalie think this team is totally diff. But as said as long as they compete in these last few games win or not i feel it’s an improvement .

The Triple Lindy:

Sub .500 Football
Sub .500 Basketball
Sub .500 Lacrosse.

Comfortably_Numb.jpg

The continued dumb mistakes tell me we have major issues. Caccamo is a great player but two games in a row he's made a bone headed decision that cost the game. Defensively how many times are we gonna fall for that stupid hitch move? The goalies have been brutal, D in front of them has been a disaster but the next elite level save either makes will be the first this year, I can't remember one big save late the entire season.

Lastly wing play continues to be the lead chain around this programs neck. Couldn't get either of the last two goals, we have a 50+ man roster can't we find anyone who can play the freaking wings? Disgusted

Ugh! The we were competitive and A for effort crowd/sentiment has now found its way and bled down to our once elite lax program too! Frigging unreal and utterly gross!

also phuap has to come up with a faceoff their as both their guys are hurt and they won last 4 to end game . This team yes not great at times but think they shown the syracuse heart we loved and missed last few years. Think two more solid pieces on d one being a very good goalie think this team is totally diff. But as said as long as they compete in these last few games win or not i feel it’s an improvement .
There were plenty of good fogos in portal who could have given Phaup some rest. Call it excuse but his style is grinding and he likely tires in 4q. Wings were slow to ball which didnt help him either

There were plenty of good fogos in portal who could have given Phaup some rest. Call it excuse but his style is grinding and he likely tires in 4q. Wings were slow to ball which didnt help him either

Slow is an understatement, we lose almost every scrum faceoff late. Our technique makes no sense either, on the third to last faceoff our short stick turns his back to the scrum and backs his ass into the pile. What the hell was that gonna do?

The continued dumb mistakes tell me we have major issues. Caccamo is a great player but two games in a row he's made a bone headed decision that cost the game. Defensively how many times are we gonna fall for that stupid hitch move? The goalies have been brutal, D in front of them has been a disaster but the next elite level save either makes will be the first this year, I can't remember one big save late the entire season.

Lastly wing play continues to be the lead chain around this programs neck. Couldn't get either of the last two goals, we have a 50+ man roster can't we find anyone who can play the freaking wings? Disgusted
Coaches had to see what fans were seeing . How bout trying Drago or Page for a faceoff . If not , maybe put Kennedy on wing for the last few faceoffs?

Coaches had to see what fans were seeing . How bout trying Drago or Page for a faceoff . If not , maybe put Kennedy on wing for the last few faceoffs?

Agreed try Page or Drago or give Curry a run late or Kennedy or a guy like Frattergio. I'm also not sure the staff sees what we see, it took till game 12 to see Birtwistle at attack while myself and others have been asking for that since February

yes have taken some poor shots but our goalies just don’t make big saves at all krieg has n is very good goalie as he made some big saves one being on seabold on door stop but gavin guess to much in my eyes doesn’t explode to ball. Hey i’m happy with the play of team fought hard last two games and showed poised to a point but feel once again our goalies just can’t make even one big save when it matters .
Yeah I hear you. There have been many scored on us that I thought should be saves and there just isn’t that IT factor. Im with ya.

I hope they make Caccamo walk home his botched clears to start and finish the game truly cost them the game

I know we all take losses on here hard, but absolutely no need for this. Caccamo played a good game and made a great play to even come up with that turnover. He missed his senior year in high school to Covid then last year to the Ivy League shutting down. Let’s give these kids a break.

I’m sorry passing and catching is absolutely fundamental as is not clearing to the middle of the field if you don’t have that skill set you shouldn’t be on the field

I know we all take losses on here hard, but absolutely no need for this. Caccamo played a good game and made a great play to even come up with that turnover. He missed his senior year in high school to Covid then last year to the Ivy League shutting down. Let’s give these kids a break.

Yes there's no need go go overboard, he made a bad decision, yell at him and move on. He's our #1 defender next year

In all fairness Gavin should of had his first pass but you still never clear to the middle it’s 7th grade stuff

Everybody ran SU last year.

Army 11-18
ND 11-18
UNC 9-21
ND 8-22
Georgetown 8-18

I think it’s a combination of things - those Acc teams last year were much better than they are this year. Last years team had the Covid suspension hanging over the team to start the year. Plus the faceoffs were dreadful. I think if Phaup were playing like he did last year we would be seeing very similar results. I didn’t think it was possible but I think the defense is worse, just masked by Phaup playing well this year.

The Albany result really stands out to me and is really indefensible to me. That team is really bad, Syracuse had no business losing that game and it’s not a loss that last years team suffered.

It’s good to see the team play close games against good teams but the way the team loses is so very frustrating to witness.

It’s good to see the team play close games against good teams but the way the team loses is so very frustrating to witness.

Some of these have just two games left in their SU careers.

Hopefully we can get over the hump and win one of them.

Then the learning curve better be steep

Hes already an above average defender despite not playing in 2 years. He's played very well but has made some really bad decisions late, he needs to clean those up but hes gonna be an AA by his Jr and Sr years. That last pass has to be better though, no excuse for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom